It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exec hired 21 illegals - Gets misdemeanor, no jail, $1000 fine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
www.timesunion.com...

Man fined for hiring illegal immigrants
Former boss avoids jail but is fined $1,000 after raid at Guilderland plant

Updated 07:54 p.m., Thursday, October 27, 2011
ALBANY -- A former assistant general manager at IFCO Systems North America in Guilderland was fined $1,000 Thursday in U.S. District Court -- the first of the company's 11 local defendants to be sentenced for employing illegal immigrant workers.

Dario Salzano, 41, of Middleburgh, who pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge in February 2007, was spared any prison time or probation during his appearance before Senior Judge Lawrence Kahn. The defendant had hired at least 21 illegal immigrants during his tenure at IFCO.

snip

----------------------------------------

And so it goes on. If execs who did this got prison time, the hiring of illegals would stop overnight.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
They should make it $10,000 per illegal employed, per day of employment.

I think that would be a good deterrent.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
everybody in america complains about illegal immigrants. but they don't complain when they go to a restaurant and their steak is $19.99 instead of $182.00 because they had to hire unionised cooks in the kitchen.

or you stay at a 3 star hotel and it isn't $1200 a night, because every hotel employee, from maid to bus boy is union and legal.

or you go to the supermarket and a head of lettuce is $15 and peaches, $45 a pound, instead of 99 cents and $2.99 respectively.

so stop whining. if anyone is getting the short end of the stick, it's illegal aliens. they don't get healthcare, access to any government benefit, no credit, no drivers license, slave hours and a 1/4 wage of what a normal american gets.

it seems like america has a convenient work to immigration policy. you put in years as a slave labourer, and you get to stay and maybe someday you'll get citizenship.

america has slavery back, business owners maximize profits and americans enjoy cheap products and services. that's what looks like is going on.

edit on 30-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

so stop whining. if anyone is getting the short end of the stick, it's illegal aliens. they don't get healthcare, access to any government benefit, no credit, no drivers license, slave hours and a 1/4 wage of what a normal american gets.

]

What a pack of lies that is. By law they get free health care at hospital ERs and free schooling for their kids. Plus many of them do get welfare and last year illegals collected $4.2 billion from IRS.!!!! No wonder we're flooded with these parasites what with all the incentives we give them to come here.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

No one has ever lowered a price because they hired an illegal. They keep the price the same, and call it, risk vs profit.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Not every American worker is in a union. In fact the vast majority are not.

I have worked in factories, restaurants, fast food franchises, installed pools, retail stores, delivered newspapers and not one of them involved unions.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Some people are fined much more. If they keep this up, we'll finaly get somewhere.

As for pricing rises because of lack of ilegals, prices will rise no matter what. If companies don't keep their prices in check, they will lose business. We did fine before ilegals and we will be fine without them.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Lol.

Only in the U.S does someone get punished for creating jobs.

Well, the U.S, North Korea and Iran.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
everybody in america complains about illegal immigrants. but they don't complain when they go to a restaurant and their steak is $19.99 instead of $182.00 because they had to hire unionised cooks in the kitchen.

Where did you eat a $182.00 steak ? How was it?....Are you a banker?

or you stay at a 3 star hotel and it isn't $1200 a night, because every hotel employee, from maid to bus boy is union and legal.

No, I'll use that money to pay my rent. And you?

Anyway, hire illegals is illegal in all the world, not only in USA. I wonder why?....must be against the law (one of the few good ones).

Are you trying to say illegals are saving the economy and the american standard of living?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Lol.

Wrong, that employer was stealing.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Lol.

Illegals take jobs away from the citizens that they belong to. They also drive down wages. With millions of un-employed citizens, we don't need illegals.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Lol.

Stealing what?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Lol.

Illegals take jobs away from the citizens that they belong to. They also drive down wages. With millions of un-employed citizens, we don't need illegals.

If I owned a business I wouldn't discriminate, I'd give the job to the best person for the job.

Illegal, black, white, gay, whoever.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Lol.

If I owned a business I wouldn't discriminate, I'd give the job to the best person for the job.

good for you

just make sure you avoid publicity, or anything else that lets big bro know you can be soaked
more profit and maybe better wages for the employees as well , don't forget to set a fund aside for medical expenses for the employees, though using your head, practicing safety and insisting your employees do so as well, and most importantly don't let GREED turn your head and blind you.

speaking for myself having worked for others and working for myself i prefer the later
i don't expect anybody to give me a job, i simply created one of my own
the down side is i haven't eaten in the past 3 days, but i will be eating today. somebody brought his laptop for a clean win 7 install
kaching!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Lol.

Stealing what?

Just an example, hiring illegals he is avoiding many obligations as an employer. That means he is not paying the right amount of money per hour to those illegals, taking advantage of their situation. No medical insurance or benefits neither because they don't have a social security number.

Seems you are not familiar with this topic.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Lol.

Explain me how not hiring illegals is descrimination ?

Nobody is talking about race or sexual preference. That's not the issue.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Employers who hire illegals are simply hiring the best person that they think will do the best job possible, at the end of the day America is a capitalist country. So who can blame the employers for doing this? Some people here think that just because they were simply born here they have a right to a job and that's not the case. It's capitalism at work, couple that with a broken immigration policy that makes zero sense, and you end up with these problems.

Always makes me laugh at all of the people here on ATS raging because an illegal "stole" their job.

edit on 10/30/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Lol.

Stealing what?

Just an example, hiring illegals he is avoiding many obligations as an employer. That means he is not paying the right amount of money per hour to those illegals, taking advantage of their situation. No medical insurance or benefits neither because they don't have a social security number.

Seems you are not familiar with this topic.

You don't make any sense.

You said the employer was ``stealing``, that would mean he was taking something that didn't belong to him.

What did he take?

Second question, how do you know what their wages, benefits, etc were?

Explain me how not hiring illegals is descrimination ? Nobody is talking about race or sexual preference. That's not the issue.

Mhm.......

dis·crim·i·na·tion
noun 2. treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: dictionary.reference.com...

Denying someone an opportunity to work because they weren't born within a specific territory is discrimination.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Employers who hire illegals are simply hiring the best person that they think will do the best job possible, at the end of the day America is a capitalist country. So who can blame the employers for doing this? Some people here think that just because they were simply born here they have a right to a job and that's not the case. It's capitalism at work, couple that with a broken immigration policy that makes zero sense, and you end up with these problems.

Always makes me laugh at all of the people here on ATS raging because an illegal "stole" their job.

edit on 10/30/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

Go ahead and laugh at all the people struggling to feed their families. I'm sure they are laughing. Go ahead and laugh at all the people who have worked hard their entire lives and now faced with living in a tent city even in the cold climates. Go ahead and laugh at the citizens who have to choose between live saving medications or food.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Lol.

We all know that many legal citizens are just as capable as anyone else for a job. An illegal steals identities, presents false documents to gain what they want. Is that the kind of person you want working for you? Someone who has no background or health check? Not very wise in my opinion! Thousands of citizens have lost their lives because of illegals. Maybe one of them works for you. How very nice. NOT!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join