It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paradox of our Age

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It's sad but too true.
Reminded me of Gandhi's 7 Blunders of the World

The Seven Blunders of the World is a list that Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi gave to his grandson Arun Gandhi, written on a piece of paper, on their final day together, shortly before his assassination. The seven blunders are:

Wealth without work.
Pleasure without conscience.
Knowledge without character.
Commerce without morality.
Science without humanity.
Worship without sacrifice.
Politics without principle.

source

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IlluminEy3

I actually have a huge problem with the first video (www.youtube.com...)- if 'you' is all there is, then there is only you... you are utterly alone, for all eternity, because there is only yourself, in reality... so, a treasured moment shared with a loved one (for example) must be a complete illusion/delusion, since there is only 'you', right? Your loved one and their consciousness don't actually exist, with this logic.

Sorry, Mr. Watts, I don't like this idea... I prefer to think that there are many different individuals, each with their own consciousness, yet eternally connected to one another. (this being more apparent in realms beyond this existence) I struggle to think of a good analogy, but perhaps a car engine might be a good one. An engine can be considered one thing, correct? Yet in reality, it is made up of many different parts, each doing it's own thing, yet for the whole and connected to the whole... Watts' view makes it seem like the carburetor is the engine itself.

I won't get annoyed if people post contradictory reasoning to this post, in fact I'm counting on it!! Knowing me, I'm missing some huge, obvious point that will completely discredit what I just posted, but such is the way of things with me... thanks,

<< 1   >>

join