It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 billion people as of tomorrow.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Im sorry I don't know where to post this, but tomorrow October 31St 2011.

www.worldometers.info...

This is bad and good
Bad because we will fight for resources, water, oil and other things, but good because we will probally use more ECO friendly energy in the years to come
edit on 30-10-2011 by Seanwalsh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thanks.

I read recently that the 7th Billion baby has just been born, so you are very correct.

This also supports my reasoning for Population Control. Let's face it; there are more children born to parents who can't take care of them than there are with parents who can.

This is a problem.

Even though I am a single mother of 3, I can play devils advocate and say that the government should no longer encourage irresponsibility from single mothers; giving them more benefits, larger Section 8 vouchers, and hundreds of more Food Stamps with the birth of every child.

The people should be responsible, but there are many who feel that just because they CAN have a baby, they SHOULD. I agree, as long as you are able to support all the babies you want to have.

As you stated, we are going to be fighting even more for space, food, and other resources.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Seanwalsh

This is bad and good
Bad because we will fight for resources, water, oil and other things, but good because we will probally use more ECO friendly energy in the years to come

Yes, it is a milestone as far as history is concerned, but none of that will be any different tomorrow, than it already is today.

It is getting near, but it is impossible for the count to be exact.

6,923,740,435 : galen.metapath.org...
6,999,783,812 : www.worldometers.info...
6,971,741,199 : www.census.gov...

Which one is right?
None of them, but it's somewhere around that general count.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Indeed. China is the only developing country with leadership that recognizes this reality, as evidenced by their further commitment to one-child policy for the next 5 years. It may very well save them from mass starvation in the overpopulated third world that will inevitably come when resources begin to run out.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Indeed. China is the only developing country with leadership that recognizes this reality, as evidenced by their further commitment to one-child policy for the next 5 years. It may very well save them from mass starvation in the overpopulated third world that will inevitably come when resources begin to run out.

Star

You and I are on the same page!!

Plus, look at the jobs...you think we are fighting for them now.....

The way that technology is advancing, and how fast it is doing so, is making a BOLD statement: HUMANS ARE NOT NEEDED THAT MUCH ANYMORE. People may want to remain in denial, but the facts are there.

Humans are being phased out in the service industry, especially customer service to include call centers, banks, and even fast foods.

In order for the human species to evolve and progress into a Type 1 civilization, population control must take place.
edit on 30-10-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
7 billion anytime soon is said to be a myth and that we will likely hit that number in 8 years time.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So you will be the one preforming the abortions?

Putting people in gas chambers?

Force sterilizing them?

Humans aren't needed to be cashiers anymore since they have automated ones now! Walmart no longer needs me, so i shouldn't be alive !!!!!!

edit on 10/30/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

So you will be the one preforming the abortions?

Putting people in gas chambers?

Force sterilizing them?

No...those are the duties of the governments.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

lol, so you think Hitler was a great person? Because he put people in gas chambers too. And we all know how that ended.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
7 billion anytime soon is said to be a myth and that we will likely hit that number in 8 years time.

What is the current population, if not 7 billion?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Why do you hate your own species?

Were you bullied in high school or some other type of traumatic experience by humans?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

lol, so you think Hitler was a great person? Because he put people in gas chambers too. And we all know how that ended.

My ideas on Hitler are not even on the table...and are irrelevant to the current discussion because Hitler is not here anymore.

We are talking about the ramifications of 7 billion people being on the planet today.

Whether I think what he did was wonderful or horrific, population is needed. Personally, if a person is here, they are here. No need to line people up in front of the firing squad.

BUT

We don't need to encourage multiple births to parents who can't take care of the ones they already have (as the welfare system does).

We do need to take a look at reality; bringing a baby into this overpopulated world is not all that favorable, once they reach adulthood. Space and resources will be limited and so will jobs.

This is not the 50's or 60's where multiple births were encouraged. The world is changing, and so are we.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Why do you hate your own species?

Were you bullied in high school or some other type of traumatic experience by humans?

Wow.

I don't hate my own species. Where are you getting that? I am simply stating that we just need to face reality, and not assume that we live in a fantasy world, where it will never be too crowded, the sun will never die, and the Earth will be here forever.

As a matter of fact, is it safe to assume that you are religious? I say that because it is the religious who remain in denial about science. It is the religious who feel that humans are extremely special because a god wouldn't set us up to fail; he put us here to love us and everything will last forever....

That is a problem; religion brings an unrealistic view of reality

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
to all of you that ignorantly support population control, help your cause and depopulate yourselves from the earth.

that way the resources they say are at such dangerously low levels will go to people who want to help their fellow man and don't think they are God and actually think they have a right to say who belongs on earth and who doesn't.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I actually hate any sort of religion. I'm agnostic, so nice try

I just don't get how the earth is overpopulated when we have so much untapped resources and land.

They way you speak is as of a geeky kid in high school that got bullied and didn't have friends so now they hate humanity and want us to die.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
to all of you that ignorantly support population control, help your cause and depopulate yourselves from the earth.

that way the resources they say are at such dangerously low levels will go to people who want to help their fellow man and don't think they are God and actually think they have a right to say who belongs on earth and who doesn't.

Again, we are not advocating the execution of people who are already here, just because we support population control.

We feel that it is necessary to put some measures in place, tho, if we don't want to be part of a world with limited resources and major deaths because of it....we understand that nothing lasts forever and that we have to be responsible as a species.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Who is "we"

Are you in some type of "green" cult

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I actually hate any sort of religion. I'm agnostic, so nice try

I just don't get how the earth is overpopulated when we have so much untapped resources and land.

They way you speak is as of a geeky kid in high school that got bullied and didn't have friends so now they hate humanity and want us to die.

Please, try addressing the scientific issues on the table as I have, instead of trying to score points by attacking me.

What if I was a 'geeky kid in high school?' Tell me how that would be relevant to the issue at hand.

By the way, you are an AD HOMINEM expert (applause, applause)

Translated from Latin to English, "Ad Hominem" means "against the man" or "against the person." An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument.

Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:

Person A makes claim X. Person B makes an attack on person A. Therefore A's claim is false.

The reason why an Ad Hominem (of any kind) is a fallacy is that the character, circumstances, or actions of a person do not (in most cases) have a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made (or the quality of the argument being made)

NICE TRY!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'm just saying. Kids bullied in school usually end up hating humanity.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
From 1billion in 1800 to 7billion today.
Why?
Technology and science,people!
Amazing.

Is it good or bad?
That remains to be seen i guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join