It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1,000 Mayan Codices Discovered in Museum Basement, Mayan Prophecy to be Fulfilled 12-21-2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have always been fascinated by how advanced the Mayans were about astrology and their very accurate calendar.

But their predictions and calendar were based on a circular motion/cycles, meaning that the end of the Mayan calendar is not the end of the world like the end of timers will want others to believe, but rather the end of a cycle and the beginning of a new one, as everybody knows a circular motion have not beginning and not end, but cycles do.

BTW I am not by any means an expert on the Mayan culture or any culture, this is all base on my opinion.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
fool me once shame on you...
fool me 100 times..shame on me. I'm sure dec 22 will be a regular day...actually that's my b-day..

My birthday too....

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Several of the links are tied directly to Drunvalo - one is his website; one is written by his assistant. I saw several articles regarding the Mayans at the UN but that was in early October.

Where is confirmation (other than Drunvalo) that this journey has begun. Where is the coverage of the ceremony on the 27th at the UN?

Just curious.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
fool me once shame on you...
fool me 100 times..shame on me. I'm sure dec 22 will be a regular day...actually that's my b-day..

Mine too. happy birthday in advance... just incase

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hmm, I thought the Spaniards destroyed all the codices except 3, during their invasion of Central America.

I'll have to check on that. I have a nagging feeling about this.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here we go:

Codex refers to an old type of book made with pages bound together (as opposed to a scroll). Only 3 or 4 of these hand-painted hieroglyphic codices from the Post-classical Maya remain, thanks to environmental factors and zealous purging by 16th century clergy. The codices are long strips folded accordion-style, creating pages about 10x23 cm. They were probably made from the inner bark of fig trees coated with lime and then written on with ink and brushes. The text on them is short and needs more study. It appears to describe astronomy, almanacs, ceremonies, and prophecies.

Source.

Only four Mayan pictorial manuscripts have survived the organized book-burnings of Franciscan missionaries following the Spanish Conquest. Our collection includes the Codex Dresdensis, the Codex Tro-Cortesianus (Madrid Codex), and the Codex Peresianus (Paris Codex). The recently (1971) discovered Grolier Codex is the fourth one. J. Eric S. Thompson has argued that the books Cortés sent to the Spanish court as gifts were Mayan.

Source.

This site features a translation and analysis of four codices (screenfold books) painted by Maya scribes before the Spanish conquest in the early 16th century. The codices contain information about Maya beliefs and rituals, as well as activities associated with daily life, which are framed within an astronomical and calendrical context.

Yep only 4 remain. I doubt the authenticity of 1000 more.

If this is true, the the Spaniard Priests actually saved them, and stored them. Very interesting.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
Several of the links are tied directly to Drunvalo - one is his website; one is written by his assistant. I saw several articles regarding the Mayans at the UN but that was in early October.

Where is confirmation (other than Drunvalo) that this journey has begun. Where is the coverage of the ceremony on the 27th at the UN?

Just curious.

I am not really a skeptic, I believe some crazy stuff. But anything involving Drunvalo I immediately question. I bought his 2 Flower of life meditation books and while there is a lot of good material, pictures of Egypt and sacred geometry stuff, there is some BS in there. Especially the part where some girl activated the light ship under the pyramid to drive the greys away or whatever.... I am so glad I didn't pay an extravagant amount to go to a seminar.

I wont doubt that alchemy can transmute lead to gold
I wont doubt that Thoth was a human that ascended and became immortal

Now did Thoth appear to Drunvalo? Kind of unlikely
Did Drunvalo come up with a meditation that Thoth couldn't figure out in 52,000 years
Doubt it.

So now he is having some delayed Halloween party with a bunch of skulls of dubious origin...
And since when was he involved with the Mayan council that they are asking him to go get artifacts from a museum?

I will pass thank you.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
What is it about Americans that make them believe this utter rubbish?

Ignorance is not exclusive to America, my friend.

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So the story of the codices appears to be a hoax, the existence of 13 skulls appears to be a hoax if one was truly destroyed.. and those that do exist appear to have been made long after the Mayan civilization ended which would make their history a hoax.. the paranormal claims about the skulls ( their ability to maintain a constant temperature regardless of surroundings ) were proven to be a hoax.... there doesn't appear to be any verifiable information about these upcoming events ....

Gee lets see here, who still believes this stuff? .. and if you do .. for heaven's sake, why?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

I'm American and I don't believe it for one moment, any serious bit of research will show it doesn't hold up .. I'm ashamed really at all of the attention it gets.. I wish people would wise up, I hate the fact people are making money on the fear .. 2012 may as well have a trademark symbol at the end of it, it's become a commercial venture [/quote

Good for you ]

I Challenge the fools that believe this rubbish to name just ONE supernatural event that has occured on Planet Earth. Because what they are talking about here is the supernatural. They won't come up with a single example because there has never been one.

Just 1?

The Flood

Prove it wrong... Too much evidence. You cant. We KNOW it happened.

now... Try to prove it wasnt supernatural... Wasnt natural by any means. Not like the rain, the snow, the seasons... Yet, natural as lakes and oceans normaly rise and fall. So wouldnt that be supernatural wether it be by divine hand or not? Sure... It's not the norm. It's natural, but much bigger than natural. Supernatural.

Muuhahaha!

edit on 30-10-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

I Challenge the fools that believe this rubbish to name just ONE supernatural event that has occured on Planet Earth. Because what they are talking about here is the supernatural. They won't come up with a single example because there has never been one.

Just 1?

The Flood

Sure. Happens at my house once a month.

Harte

edit on 10/30/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

2nd

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
F&S
good information! I cant wait for the upcoming shift in consciousness. This ritual will be very beneficial in anchoring light and new frequencies.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

I'm American and I don't believe it for one moment, any serious bit of research will show it doesn't hold up .. I'm ashamed really at all of the attention it gets.. I wish people would wise up, I hate the fact people are making money on the fear .. 2012 may as well have a trademark symbol at the end of it, it's become a commercial venture [/quote

Good for you ]

Just 1?

The Flood

now... Try to prove it wasnt supernatural... Wasnt natural by any means. Not like the rain, the snow, the seasons... Yet, natural as lakes and oceans normaly rise and fall. So wouldnt that be supernatural wether it be by divine hand or not? Sure... It's not the norm. It's natural, but much bigger than natural. Supernatural.

Muuhahaha!

edit on 30-10-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

What "Flood" would that be then? You must have witnessed it to know about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.
www.2012endofdays.org...

seems like with them televising their sacred ceremonies maybe they are starting the eights sign
I know the above prophesy is by the native Americans but it is completely possible that native American culture has been influenced by the Mayan culture maybe its just a stretch but we have not seen the eight sign yet but we have seen the first 7 and there is only one left after the 8th

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Reincarnation my friend! Of course I have!

lol

That would be the biblicle one.... all 4 of them. wrapped up into one nice neat lil package.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Oh wait.. you'll still want proof.

I think I left my asyrian green card somewhere in my placenta back 40 some odd years ago. Lemme call my mom and see if It's still laying around by chance....

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

lol

That would be the biblicle one.... all 4 of them. wrapped up into one nice neat lil package.

Do you mean "The Flood" that was caused by climate change? The polar ice caps melting and see levals rising.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv
any more info on this ceremony thats estimated to be broadcasted to 2.5 billion people? And also when is it going to happen ?

the OP said the ceremony is on 11-11-11 in LA...go back & read

i find the whole thing contrived...& IF an actual 'tour' of 13 skulls it a equal to the Michael Jackson THRILLER album debut

ADD

next off where the H did these Elder Maya Council member come from... the culture as a unit died out more than 500 years ago...

the only remaining Codices were saved by known & authentic repositories... these 1000 extra codices are suddenly here--- along with 13 crystal skulls on a promotion circuit/tour....
SMELLS LIKE shaking down the naive believers to ME...

thanks

edit on 30-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

lol

Do you mean "The Flood" that was caused by climate change? The polar ice caps melting and see levals rising.

Nah. Not that one. That's just a misconception. It was actually divine in nature. Really!

Wait... So you're saying that the caps melting and climate change flooded the earth? Why then are we not under water now? Just a thought....

oh yeah... I almost forgot. Surely you cant mean the imaginary melting of the caps cause such a thing! Id need proof. Green card handy? Placenta wallet? Surely, what's good for the goose...

I mean... Since we're demanding proof. There goes all but the last 100 years of history!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join