It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1,000 Mayan Codices Discovered in Museum Basement, Mayan Prophecy to be Fulfilled 12-21-2012

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich
reply to post by Dalke07

Uhhhh, what do the crystal skulls or the mayans have to do with the USA at all? They weren't even in the US.... ever as far as I know.... so why the big hype about these " neo mayan " " Elders " Making a treck across a foreign land that isn't their own with skulls many scientists don't even believe to be from their period ( at least the majority show evidence of modern tool markings)... still not convinced. anything is going to happen.... at all....

There was no US back then. Indigenous ceremonies have an esoteric purpose involving mother earth

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
This might be the worst post on the thread... nay, on the subject...

Originally posted by tomdham
reply to post by Dalke07

I posted a thread over a year ago that DEBUNKED the Mayan calendar!

The Mayan Calendar Debunked (Again)

It didn't mention the FAKE crystal skulls, because they have nothing to do with the Mayan calendar.
Others have already posted enough information on how they were proven fake, so I will not bother.

First off, you can't 'debunk' the Mayan calendar. It is what it is, and it definitely IS.

Maybe there is no correlation to 'end of days', per se, but they certainly DO discuss (not in the long count calendar, another one) the speeding up of consciousness - and, as far as I can tell that is apparent, and who knows what the ultimate consequences may be.

This calender itself has no prophecies on it. We do have prophecies associated with a calender in the Paris codex but these are relative to that timeframe and nothing about end of age there. And even these are hard to understand becouse the priest/scribes used secret words known only the insiders. Average joe maya even if he could read couldnt read these with any understanding. Besides they are not sure if this information accociated with the Paris Codex isnt any diffrent than what you get with weather predictions in Poor Richards Almanac!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Wonder when the new dat will be. After 2012, I mean.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
i have been considering in my mind... just what the Maya 'end of the world' means...

we do know that Mayan metropolitan cities were known to have just mysteriously depopulated themselves, the residents just walked away to form villages or smaller groups..

might that be what is meant as the End-of-the-World in the Maya predictions concerning 2012...?

might cities start become unpopulated as the preppers and survivalists just move away - migrate, one urban center after another...?

well... that kind of status might be referred to as an Exodus rather than a destruction or End,
but that is just quibbling

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
is this for real? how did they get all 13 skulls?

It was always known or believed that they knew the location of all
the 13 original ones. So they may have collected them for this tour.
It will be interesting to hear what they will reveal in the 30 mins.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
please, Please PLEASE PLEASE STOP THIS NONSENSE!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

HAHA yeah ok if you say so there is no logic in predicting the end of the world...

Man, reading comprehension is a mother fuggah, ain't it?

You may be confusing a few things: specifically, the title and subject of this thread with my reply to another poster.

Again, I challenge you to go back and find where I ever said the world was ending and/or that it was tied to Mayan calendar or prophecy. Never said or implied it.**

Thx in advance.

**the world we live in is changing dramatically, and the timing does seem to coincide with the cycle of the long count calendar, but more importantly with the less talked about Evolution of consciousness calendar. Not fear mongering, or waiting for or promoting the 'end of time' merely taking notice of the world around me and the data that supports this phenomenon (rapidly changing world, seemingly for the worse). Period. Don't put words in my mouth. That is extremely irresponsible.
edit on 10/31/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by dron020
When someone says that they think this is bull# because they do not see the world ending, I immediately stop them and inform them that the Mayans have never said such a thing. The whole idea of the world ending is programmed into society by The Christians.

Ignorant christans and ignorant others. The bible books speak of a new age and the end of the old world order as the big event in the history of man. After this new era has its time there is a total reconstruction era where all negative influence is totaly removed. There never is an "end of the world" like a lights out, thats it, its over sort of thing in the bible. The final end is the end of the world system and those that run the dang thing....the reconstructed earth and new system moves on.

I'm not sure what both of these posts are supposed to mean. The world will at one point end - that isn't a prediction, it's a given that when our sun expends its energy the earth will effectively be dead along with it for all intents and purposes. That will very literally be the lights out event. Fortunately for us, that is a long time away.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozvaldo
please, Please PLEASE PLEASE STOP THIS NONSENSE!!!

If you don't like it, the please PLEASE PLEASE..... stop reading it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It's a long thread, so I haven't read every post and I apologize. I was just wondering if anyone has pointed out that the iconography and epigraphy on these "codices" don't look remotely Mayan in nature. Throw in the fact that this is being supported by two known frauds, Hunbatz Men and Drunvalo Melchizedek, and it's quite obvious this is just another hoax.
edit on 10/31/2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
reply to post by LvSLoLo

HAHA yeah ok if you say so there is no logic in predicting the end of the world...

Man, reading comprehension is a mother fuggah, ain't it?

You may be confusing a few things: specifically, the title and subject of this thread with my reply to another poster.

Again, I challenge you to go back and find where I ever said the world was ending and/or that it was tied to Mayan calendar or prophecy. Never said or implied it.**

Thx in advance.

**the world we live in is changing dramatically, and the timing does seem to coincide with the cycle of the long count calendar, but more importantly with the less talked about Evolution of consciousness calendar. Not fear mongering, or waiting for or promoting the 'end of time' merely taking notice of the world around me and the data that supports this phenomenon (rapidly changing world, seemingly for the worse). Period. Don't put words in my mouth. That is extremely irresponsible.
edit on 10/31/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)
I thought you were going to play golf?...the world could change in any way it wants we could go to war and blow the # out of ourselfs but there would still be people alive in the end of it so all in all its not the end of the world its just a man made war, ever heard the phrase if you look hard enough into something you will find what your looking for? well thats EXACTLY what is happening with this everyone #s themself when they hear of prophecys especialy when they are very close, just look at the guy on tv(sorry dont know his name) he looked into crossword puzzles and found predictions about 9/11 and going to war with iraq but again they are manmade items that were randomly put together that he looked deep enough into to find exactly what he wanted. What he found was probrably is in the millions to 1 but becouse he looked hard enough for it he found it, as i said before this is what they are doing with the mayan prophecys and ive got no doubt they are trying to do it with the bible, quran and pretty much every other religious book you can find probrably even kwansaa and scientology if they are despirate enough to find something.

I bet anyone here on january 1st 2013 the people who are claiming all of this BS dissapear for atleast a little while and then will return spouting new BS saying they read the calendar wrong or they have found hidden texts pointing to it being in late 2013 or early 2014, these people always come back with socalled ''evidence'' of the world ending. I swear since i can remember as a child ive maybe heard the world will end atleast in the mid 20's and im sick and tired of it why cant people just get on with there lifes? to be honest would anyone want to know the exact day they will die IF 1 of the prophecys came true? i know id rather live my last days happy with my fiancee than we worrying about it or causing riots and looting.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
It's a long thread, so I haven't read every post and I apologize. I was just wondering if anyone has pointed out that the iconography and epigraphy on these "codices" don't look remotely Mayan in nature. Throw in the fact that this is being supported by two known frauds, Hunbatz Men and Drunvalo Melchizedek, and it's quite obvious this is just another hoax.
edit on 10/31/2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)
I love you

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Why would a change in mankind be unfortunate? Have you looked at the current state of affairs? I would welcome a change in humanity with open arms. My biggest fear is that it won't happen. As far as "Oh, the world is going to end engulfed by flames" stuff, I never bought into it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Oh god. I can see it now.

- The Skulls are spread over the world.

- The skulls need to be brought back together in order to advert the devastation that could take place if not.

- The skulls are brought together in the new "open to the public" ceremony.

- No Apocalypse happens and the Mayan's are hailed as the hero's by the dumb and gullible for reuniting the skulls.

Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Headeraser
How can Mayans 2012 prophecy line up with our calender? Isn't it proven that year 0 is wrong and i may be many years off? Did the mayans use the same calender based on Jesus, like we do? Maybe 2012 for them may be 2100 for us?

From what I understand the end of the Mayan cycle on their calender is know to coincide with the alignment, the special winter solstice alignment with the middle of the Milky Way, and as that happens Dec. 22 2012 they can be sure of the date.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
Wonder when the new dat will be. After 2012, I mean.

We have an asteroid that is said to be likely to hit earth i think it was in 2032.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

You realize that the crystal skulls have since been proven a hoax..... right?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

I am ON the golf course.

There you go again, making assumption and inferences without knowing what the hell you are talking about.

Ever heard of an iPhone? iPad? They are awesome. Fit nicely right inside the cubby hole of the golf cart.

*sigh* keep going off half-cocked - its served you so well, to this point.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

The GMT correlation depends on more than just astronomy. In fact there is no indication that the Maya placed any significance on the solstices or equinoxes. The so-called alignment that occurs on December 21, 2012 is not unique. The Sun has appeared to rise in the same spot on December 21 for years. In fact the 1998 alignment was closer to a true alignment than the 2012 alignment.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by Hanslune

Why would a change in mankind be unfortunate? Have you looked at the current state of affairs? I would welcome a change in humanity with open arms. My biggest fear is that it won't happen. As far as "Oh, the world is going to end engulfed by flames" stuff, I never bought into it.

Don't think I said that did I? This is what I believe you are referring too

There is a thick stew of unevidenced speculation and fantasy about that date, of all kinds and types......unless we are particularly unlucky that date too will pass and be added to the long long list of failed 'end of the world' /'change in mankind' claims'

The current state of affairs might be alarming (and it is) but compared to the historical past it's down right sunny. Mankind may and will change but it will not be because of new age made up stuff!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join