It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Oil Reserve-The US?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It's so hard today to extract Bakken oil that it takes more energy than a barrel of middle east oil to extract a barrel of Bakken oil equivalent. Oil is a limited resource and the global extractable supply is now peaking and declining with no solution in sight.
edit on 31-10-2011 by inthewinterdark because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by followingpythagoras
reply to post by geo1066

I've felt for a long time now that the real reason we are not drilling more oil in the U.S. is simple: we will use up everyone else's oil first, and then who has the rest of the oil? Us. Plain and simple - no ecological reason, just greed. At the end of the Earth's oil supply, we'll be sitting on the remainder and in complete control of the price. Quite strategic, eh? I wish it was something else, but I don't think it is.

This, a million times this.

I only recently learned about this, and I almost feel embarrassed that I didn't figure it out earlier. It's so darn obvious.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Can't believe I am responding to this ancient thread.
Most of you are clueless about what is going on...well at least in October of 2011 you were.

They are producing the Bakken as fast as humanly possible...so those of you that think we are just sitting
on it are dead wrong.

And, those of us that have mineral interests and tiny fractions of well ownership, don't want to see oil at
$12 a barrel. But that just happens to be what side of the fence we are on.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Bumping for people with short attention spans and Teslas

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam
Nice one fella!

I got to the bottom of page one before I noticed the OP date!
...I'd start developing extraction for the home market now if I was president, then tell OPEC to go # itself

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdultMaleHumanUK
a reply to: stonerwilliam
Nice one fella!

I got to the bottom of page one before I noticed the OP date!
...I'd start developing extraction for the home market now if I was president, then tell OPEC to go # itself

Here is a great one from Tucker about fossil fuels

rumble.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join