It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Oil Reserve-The US?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I had just recieved this from a friend and although I knew about the 'boom' in N.D., I just thought it was 'Big Oil' just doing exploritory to justify their profits.
The links check out but I'm still in disbelief. I will be trying to confirm with other sources. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Mods- This may belong in another forum. Feel free to move this if needed)

THIS IS A FACT.

OIL - You better be sitting down when you read this !!

As you may know, Cruz Construction started a division in North Dakota just 6 months ago. They send every Kenworth (9 trucks) we had here in Alaska to North Dakota and several drivers. They just bought two new Kenworth's to add to that fleet; one being a Tri Drive tractor and a new 65 ton lowboy to go with it. They also bought two new cranes (one crawler & one rubber tired) for that division. Dave Cruz said they have moved more rigs in the last 6 months in ND than Cruz Construction moved in Alaska in the last 6 years. Williston is like a gold rush town; they moved one of our 40 man camps down there since there are no rooms available. Unemployment in ND is the lowest in the nation at 3.4 percent last I checked. See anything in the national news about how the oil industry is fueling North Dakota 's economy?

Here's an astonishing read. Important and verifiable information:

About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and one of the Forbes Bros. was the guest. The host said to Forbes, "I am going to ask you a direct question and I would like a direct answer; how much oil does the U.S. have in the ground?" Forbes did not miss a beat, he said, "more than all the Middle East put together."

The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since 1995) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota, and extreme eastern Montana.

Check THIS out:

The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska 's Prudhoe Bay , and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable( 5 billion barrels), at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5.3 trillion.

"When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.." says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.

"This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years,"reportsThe Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' It stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and into Canada . For years, U. S. oil exploration has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves, and we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL !!!!!!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years straight. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because it's from 2006 !!!!!!

U. S. Oil Discovery - Largest Reserve in the World

Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006

Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With this motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?

They reported this stunning news:We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth. Here are the official estimates:

8 times as much oil as Saudi Arabia

18 times as much oil as Iraq

21 times as much oil as Kuwait

22 times as much oil as Iran

500 times as much oil as Yemen

and it's all right here in the Western United States !!!!!!

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of people dictate our lives and our economy. WHY?

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East, more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.

Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price even with this find? Think again! It's all about the competitive marketplace, it has to. Think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?

Got your attention yet? Now, while you're thinking about it, do this:

Pass this along. If you don't take a little time to do this, then you should stifle yourself the next time you complain about gas prices, by doing NOTHING, you forfeit your right to complain.

Now I just wonder what would happen in this country if every one of you sent this to every one in your address book.

By the way, this can be verified. Check it out at the link below !!!!!!

www.usgs.gov...

Curz Construction:
www.cruzconstruct.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i've heard about this before, thanks for posting this here(maybe again)!
..........line deux.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You know, it seems like I remember hearing about this in like, 1995 or so..

Why the hell aren't we drilling yet?

Stupid commie tree huggers.

We could tell OPEC to sell that crud, I meant crude, to the Peoples Great Bank of China.

And with at least 2-300 yrs of it, maybe they can really get some type of E-Cat device working.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

I've felt for a long time now that the real reason we are not drilling more oil in the U.S. is simple: we will use up everyone else's oil first, and then who has the rest of the oil? Us. Plain and simple - no ecological reason, just greed. At the end of the Earth's oil supply, we'll be sitting on the remainder and in complete control of the price. Quite strategic, eh? I wish it was something else, but I don't think it is.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Another Link to link that links from a page linked above that gives a lot of

info on the US energy reserves.

Maybe we can still drag-race into the year 3000.

(oh yeah!? my 2012 Mustang can whip your 2399 Saucer if you would fly it straight down the course with no light speed reactor!)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by followingpythagoras

I've felt for a long time now that the real reason we are not drilling more oil in the U.S. is simple:

I've felt for a long time now that there is no oil shortage. Output slows, new oil found....Lots of new oil.....

I feel that peak oil is a scam

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Good article pointing out the inaccuracies and just plain out lies in this tale.

The Bakken Formation Oil email

It would be fantastic if the U.S. did have the 'claimed' oil resources in the email, but it doesn't, at least not right now.

The story is irrelevant and unsourced, but the claim about US versus Middle East oil is important to check. The numbers we need are easy to find:

The USA has ~20.68 billion barrels of proven oil reserves.

The Middle East has ~753.36 billion barrels of proven oil reserves.

This means that the Middle East has over 36 times the proven oil reserves as the USA.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I may be mistaken, but this reserve is in the form of Oil shale , not the most easily useful oil source.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Using the (ATS) search function will show that this has been discussed--to death--many times. It's not just free barrels of oil waiting to be trucked away; it's locked in shale and requires methods like "fracking" to free it.

A simple (ATS) search on, for example, "bakken oil" will present more well-informed discussion than you will ever want to read....

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

An important aspect to this would be;what grade of crude is held in these reserves,it's all very well having 100 times more oil in the continental US than all the middle east oil producing states combined,but if it isn't of the same quality as Mubaraq crude,the fractals of which are ideal for petroleum distilates such as octane there isn't much point in drilling for it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It looks like someone sent you something straight from a chain letter. In fact, I found it on snopes.com.

www.snopes.com...

"Resources in place" is the same as saying "oil in place". It is a measure of total oil in place, not reserves.

Based on INTEK's 2009 estimates release in a July 2011 Energy Information Agency (EIA) report on shale gas plays, the Bakken has 4 billion barrels of oil reserves. The Montery and Santos have larger reserves at 15 billion barrels.

www.eia.gov...

There is a thread in the Peak Oil Forum discussing this very topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The problem with all these shale oil reserves, even though potentially considerable, is that the extraction methods are very expensive and shale oil can only be recovered profitably if oil prices remain around $80-$100 a barrel.

In fact North America has an a$$load of energy resources period. The problem with all this is that the people who extract the energy require a profit (which is reasonable until it becomes unreasonable) and there are many people who want to regulate or eliminate the energy industry for a number of environmental and population control reasons.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Doesn't matter. You'll need hundreds of billions for the infra and they're just gonna refine it where labor is cheap, anyway. Like Mexico. Viva!

edit on 10/31/2011 by eldard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Isint it obvious? suck everyone else dry. Then sell and use your own.

Its brilliant really.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by followingpythagoras
reply to post by geo1066

I've felt for a long time now that the real reason we are not drilling more oil in the U.S. is simple: we will use up everyone else's oil first, and then who has the rest of the oil? Us. Plain and simple - no ecological reason, just greed. At the end of the Earth's oil supply, we'll be sitting on the remainder and in complete control of the price.

I agree with your assessment

Quite strategic, eh?

Sure as long as the US doesn't break apart and descend into total anarchy
edit on 31-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Channel 2 news in Anchorage, AK reported tonight that it was estimated at 11 billion barrels, not 500 was reported in ND land. Well got to love the numbers, I hardly see two numbers that match by word of mouth or on paper. LOL

Off and on I have worked up north in Prudoe Bay, AK being a X-ray Tech, Roustabout, and Construction worker during the winter months. I have a few friends that went down there and their pulling in $4000 to $5000 a week grossing. That's at entry level pays From what I heard, but like the 500 B Barrels, they may be only making $3000-$4000. WHO CARES, I just want work.

Stay away from HELLiburton though, I was over worked up north for them at $9 an hour anywhere from 12-36 hour days, I have never had a job like this that sucked so bad, and I know hard work, I have been a concrete/mason for 12 years.

I am hoping that I can get down there ASAP for work, but sadly there is not enough board and room for workers, Mr. Stone, from an outfit down there told me that the housing for oilfield workers is over 3 years behind on their housing projects. So, a lot of workers are commuting from Williston, ND which is quite a drive after a 12-14 hour shift, I would drive my truck down there but my 2006 DUI in AK doesn't allow me to pass through Canada

So a letter to the Prime Minister may give me a pardon. An old boss told me that his brother was allowed after he wrote him a letter to work in B.C., so fingers crossed and God Willing

So anyone that wants to have a physically demanding, good paying job start footing it, drive, fly,..... just get there, there be Black Gold in der hills!!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
Isint it obvious? suck everyone else dry. Then sell and use your own.

Its brilliant really.

Thats right!!! Take everyone else's oil first, then have the un-plucked resivors left and sell the other countries....

oh.... did you say you needed oil, sure buddy $250.00 a barrel, HAHAHA, sometimes it hurts me to say I'm American, but for now I'll say I'm Alaskan, Hell, I'm pretty far away from the rest of the nation, I feel like a foreigner when I see family down in the big city states, bleechchhh

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Okay my bad, you said 5 billion barrels, the quote from KTUU channel 2 news Anchorage said 11 Billion barrels

My bad OP, sorry its getting late, lol

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Why would they extract it? I wouldn't. If i was the POTUS I'd keep it there until most of the worlds reserves were depleted then I'd drill it.

The US would then be the powerhouse of the world with total control over every country, because they had the OIL...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

"Resources in place" is the same as saying "oil in place". It is a measure of total oil in place, not reserves.

Many oil fields in Calif still have oil in place but its not recoverable or it cost to much to recover.
There is a lot of oil offshore of Calif, There is a lot of oil in the thick oil fields of Calif.

The term reserves to a tricky term.
If oil is there but its thick, locked in sands as tar sands. ECT ECT its called reserves. but because its very hard and slow to get it out of the ground and to a refinery it cost more and is a very slow process.
they will be pumping oil in Calif 100 years from now.

If you have 1 billion barrels in the ground that is so thick that you can only pump 50 barrels a day its going to take a long time to recover the 1 billion barrels. But they are counted as reserves.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join