It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phones Going Haywire and Seagulls Flying in the Midwest…..10/30/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Are you having cell phone issues today? My wife and daughters phone both give a different time this morning. One hour early as if the time has changed. I actually thought it was time to roll back the clocks at first.....but thats not until Nov 6........

The time on my phone is correct but phone calls are not getting through. I can call myself from another cell phone and it will just ring on the callers end. No calls show up as missed calls.

I noticed this as well on Friday when I was forwarding my office line to my cell phone. Others mentioned that they had been calling as well.

I called an employee this morning and she is having similar issues as well. Her phone is ringing with ring tones she never downloaded.

Yesterday I noticed something very odd. I live approximately 700 miles from the Gulf in Joplin, Mo. I am from Louisiana and have lived in Joplin since 2003. I have never seen seagulls in Joplin before. Seagulls are scavengers. They follow rivers northward and sometimes end up on large bodies of water along the way.

Seagulls can be found in Kansas City and St Louis do to the rivers that run through these cities. Joplin provides no reason for them to be present. The closest decent size lake is Grand Lake which is approximately 70 miles from Joplin. I have been boating there ever since moving here and I don’t recall seeing seagulls on the lake.

The seagulls I saw yesterday where soaring in circles above the trees similar to what you would see them do behind a shrimp boat.

I thought I would mention the seagulls since birds could be affected by the magnetic field.

So I am curious this AM if anyone else is having cell phone issues. There are so many threads on ATS saying “this and that” is coming like the YU55 thread and Oct 28th date.

Curious…………

edit on 30-10-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The time HAS changed
The clocks went back last night

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Are you having cell phone issues today? My wife and daughters phone both give a different time this morning. One hour early as if the time has changed.

The time did change in Portugal and many European countries. I looks like Mexico also ends the daylight saving time period in the last weekend of October.

As for the seagulls, that's really strange, they do not change their habits in a moment, something made them go that way.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Your making me second guess myself...........

Roll back your clock on Nov 6 2011

Rollem Back Date

FYI..........My wifes phone has corrected itself.........it now shows the correct time......

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 3AM is the time to set clocks back one hour in the UK and EU.

Could be a glitch on the North America phones this AM…………..But the seagulls did puzzle me yesterday………..

The 99% would never notice it……….and that’s why the 1% gets paid the big bucks……..

(My Occupy Humor)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Ours went back last night.
This makes me extremely angry every year as a) I have to change all teh clocks and b) my kids have to walk home in the dark

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Yesterday I noticed something very odd. I live approximately 700 miles from the Gulf in Joplin, Mo. I am from Louisiana and have lived in Joplin since 2003. I have never seen seagulls in Joplin before. Seagulls are scavengers. They follow rivers northward and sometimes end up on large bodies of water along the way.

Seagulls can be found in Kansas City and St Louis do to the rivers that run through these cities. Joplin provides no reason for them to be present. The closest decent size lake is Grand Lake which is approximately 70 miles from Joplin. I have been boating there ever since moving here and I don’t recall seeing seagulls on the lake.

The seagulls I saw yesterday where soaring in circles above the trees similar to what you would see them do behind a shrimp boat.

I thought I would mention the seagulls since birds could be affected by the magnetic field.

Seagulls can follow dump trucks from dump sites close to the coastline inland. They probaby thought, "Wow, this city is exactly like a dump, lets stay"

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Your right it is a dump...........We have one of the few FEMA CAMPS in the country...........I could have started 10 threads on whets happening with FEMA here.......but it would be like yelling in a closet alone........

Hey but good news.......Extreme Makeover completed 7 homes in 7 days last week here as part of the Joplin relief.............WHAT A JOKE!!

ABC makes millions and donated NOTHING.........All supported by local businesses in an economic devastated town.........

My Rant is over..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Seagulls dont technically exist - they are just Gulls and actually live on land.
even when they are by the sea they dont go out very far , only to feed then come back.
more and more Gulls are coming further inland due to landfill sites being a good souce of food for them.
or at least that is the case in the UK.

*Edit*
Has there been any new landfill sites or rubbish tips in the vacinity recently or any other new food sources to attract them ?

Not sure about your phone issues.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Isolation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am about 200 miles northeast from you and we have had the seagulls for a few weeks now. They come in flocks and then are gone for a few days. I have lived here 16years with a few trips out. In 1998 the was a major black bird migration but nothing like this. I find it odd as I am about as far from a coast line as one can get in the States. I could not help but think of when rats flee a ship. We have very little food to offer scavenger wise, no landfills, no major malls honestly I am surprised the birds we had before even stayed.

My phones did not respond like yours but I was lazy and slept in.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about Joplin still being a mess. You really should start a thread on how bad it still is. Maybe it would generate some sort of help. You never know.

The seagulls.....we get them in the high desert here in California around this time. People say when you see the seagulls (here) there's a winter storm coming in. I think it's just random though.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by UdderlyInsane

Well that confirms I am not crazy......

The Gulf has definitely changed since the spill. Gulls migrating to the Midwest may be due to the spill as they search for better food resources. Nature protects itself and there is poison in the Gulf……….

The Gulf is the oblivious and more likely a valid explanation since it seems others don’t seem to have issues concerning their cell phones.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

The clean up went very well compared to Alabama. Not due to the Government but due to the thousands of volunteers that have come and that are still here.........

My beef is with FEMA and the death toll lies that were pushed by US Gov...........

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
phew..thanks for clearing some things up for me. I had the same problem this morning. My computer and cell are an hour ahead of the atomic clock by the bed. I was very confused because I thought the same thing, that time didnt change till November. I am in Central time zone. Lol, another "thank the Creator I am not going crazy" moment.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberboiraves

I was very confused because I thought the same thing, that time didnt change till November.

I am not sure what we cleared up?

Time does not change until Nov 6 for North America............

Thanks for confirming that I am not crazy............

As far as the time on the cell phones it must of been a glitch.........but your computers time was changed as well........interesting.........

Did your time change back as ours did?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Weird. No my time has not changed back. My friend just came over and his cell is doing the same. Why would the atomic clocks be wrong. Its never glitched before. The ones in my other rooms are the same,an hour behind. So I am gonna say cell phones and computer is the glitch. hmm..no? Add: this is from the link above;Memphis* Sun 2:26 PM which is what the computer and cell phones say it is. I have 4 atomic clocks all bought at different times and they all say 1:28 pm(yeah took me 2 mins to check the link and write this lol)

edit on 06/08/2011 by Cyberboiraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hey cloud, might be several things happening simultaneously. My verizon droid was behaving like that up here in KC last month and being a business phone I was getting pretty ticked when I realized it was on and had full signal, just not ringing. I called it from the house line several days in a row and was receiving an average of 1 in 5 calls. It was ringing on the caller end but not on the other. Unlike normal if its out of range, off or is making a call at the same time where it would usually go straight to voice mail it just rang out.

And you should start a thread on what you're seeing down there. Like I said last time we spoke even an hour or so away you are out of sight/mind from what were told here. I haven't seen or heard anything about you guys in the star or on the tube in months. The average person up here thinks everything is back to normal down there.

top topics

join