It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Border Patrol quietly halts routine bus and train checks along Canadian border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The U.S. Border Patrol has quietly stopped its controversial practice of routinely searching buses, trains and airports for illegal immigrants at transportation hubs along the Canadian border and in the nation's interior, preventing agents from using what had long been an effective tool for tracking down people here illegally, The Associated Press has learned. Halting the practice has baffled the agents, especially in some stations along the northern border — from Bellingham, Wash., to Houlton, Maine — where the so-called “transportation checks” have been the bulk of their everyday duties.
The Border Patrol is authorized to check vehicles within 100 miles of the border. agents said it was an effective way to catch unlawful immigrants, including smugglers and possible terrorists, who had evaded detection at the border, as well as people who had overstayed their visas. Often, those who evade initial detection head quickly for the nearest public transportation in hopes of reaching other parts of the country.
The order has not been made public, but two agents described it to the AP on condition of anonymity because the government does not authorize them to speak to the media. The union that represents Border Patrol agents planned to issue a news release about the change Monday.
www.theglobeandmail.com...

There is nothing “ WE THE PEOPLE “ are doing to stop this b.s. we sit around contemplating whether or not this conspiracy or..that conspiracy is real… speculate where the next earthquake will happen .Gripe because ” 2 DUDES STOLE MY WATER” or post amazing stories about UFO’S. truth be known as of 10/30/2011? IT IS TOO LATE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT ANY OF IT NOW…man has been totally stupid.. self centered , and has finally managed to destroy everything that was created . mankind had it all.. Became self-righteous...emotionally constipated, sexually perverted and morally corrupt. It all went on the wheel.. time to pay the piper..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Maybe some of them were busy

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by archangel2012

I say let the piper pipe. Stupidity is the mother of all lies. Generally as mankind becomes more self-reliant he becomes more alienated from himself. Is it possible to alienate yourself from yourself. I believe it is in ones mind.
As a result we have complacency by lying to ourselves that all is well even as the storm clouds begin to build.
When the ground shakes beneath their feet people become convinced that a quake is coming. But it is too late.
When a bom b goes off in a major city people become convinced that they are in danger. But it is too late.
One knows just before the Tsunami comes in that it is there. But it is too late.
Most people believe that a dam will never fail. The perfect storm will never happen, that the ground will always shake beneath the feet of someone else. Nothing will happen. Be Happy.
let them be. One day they will know. I am not interested in preparing them...only myself and those I love.
DH

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
touch'e my friend....touch'e

new topics

top topics

join