It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we addressing all the issues?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The intention of this post is not to shift blame from the obvious causes of the majority of woes we are experiencing in the world at the moment, but to try and shine a light on the whole problem, because if we do not address the entire issue we will never develop the solutions that are needed.

I will also admit from the start, that this post will be hypocritical from my point of view, as I see myself as part of the problem as well.

We all know the 'big' contributors to the problem, namely Governments, Banks, Media and Corporations, but do we understand fully why? I will try and address these as I go along, I want to first mention a major cause that seems to get ignored.

The cause I am talking about is me, you and everyone else, if we are honest and look at it logically the big four causes cannot function without us, it is only by us giving our power to them that they function.

1. We elect our governments.
2. We finance the banks.
3. We empower the media.
4. We fund the corporations.

Lets look at each in more detail.

1. Can a government form without the support of the populace? Well logically the answer is no, because they require us to vote and without votes they cannot be elected, the common mindset of the population is that we tend to use our vote instead of for the people we want in but to try and keep the person we don't want out of office. The problem with this though is candidate A is often no better than candidate B so we decide not to vote, the error here is that we don't see an alternative.
We could however choose another way, we could either spoil our vote (which has to be declared) and I am not sure what happens when the amount of spoiled votes is the greatest count or alternately get involved with an independent candidate who you know has the best interests of your community at heart.
We the populace have the power, exercise that power.

2. Can a bank function without the people who use it? The answer to this is unfortunately yes and no,we have no control of the investment side of banking but we the populace still have a major say. It is our savings etc. that form the main body of the banks capitol and it is our loan repayments that give the banks their biggest return.
We have the power because we have a choice which banks we use or if we opt out and decide to utilise a local credit union, it is OUR choice we just need to be prepared to do some research and exercise or power.

3. Can the media function without the populace? The answer is again no but it ties directly to the problem of the corporations and governments which both rely heavily on the media to tout their business. We the people invite the media into our homes and lap up all it has to offer, we allow ourselves to be manipulated into believing that we need X,Y and Z otherwise we can not be happy, successful, beautiful and excepted. The media presents our children with plastic role models and fills them with hard to obtain aspirations and not the children but ourselves as well. We control the media because we buy into it , without us they are nothing and have no power, let us exercise our power and choice not to be manipulated, look for how they manipulate, once found it holds no sway over you.

4. Can corporations exist without the people? this is the biggest no of all and the easiest to explain. They only exist because we buy their product and we buy their product because we are conditioned to. Without our custom they would soon face crisis and collapse. Remember it was only 80 years ago when it was a consumer led market, with the advent of mass media we lost the power and it became a product led market.
Exercise your power, look into companies, look at the product, look at their ethics and make a choice.

So IMO the real problem and real solutions lies squarely at our feet, we cannot continue to put our faith and trust in the things that are letting us down and will continue to let us down.
We need to make a choice, do we continue to allow ourselves to be manipulated into consuming beyond our means, to vote for corrupt politics, to finance banks that show no human interest and to pay the media to influence our lifestyle or to we wake up and make the choice to stop being part of the problem and become part of the solution, to realise that we have the power and it is our choice how we exercise it.

I have a lot to change in my own life so that I can take the power back, but hopefully in time I can achieve this and begin to make a difference but I am also aware the the whole system is co dependant and in changing the system it would open a whole new can of worms.

I do hope this post makes sense and doesn't just come across as the ramblings of a madman

new topics

join