It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS protester sexually assaulted by someone not associated with protests.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
ARTICLE

A man barged into a woman's tent and sexually assaulted her at around 6am, said protesters, who chased him from the park.

I’m not posting this because I disagree with the protesters but because i knew it was going to be posted eventually anyway.. So it’s better to post it with a realistic perspective rather then with hate mongering; as wanted by the media and government.
It’s obvious that he was not a protester and I have noticed a trend lately that anything bad that happens must be associated with protesters. These are big cities, not everyone is a protester.
The only criticism is that protesters didn’t call police; and can you really blame them? The police have shown that they are against the protesters and would probably try charge someone innocent with it.

mods: could you please move if possible, dont think it should be in this category. thanks
edit on 30-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

I read the article and couldn't see where he was or wasn't "obviously" with OWS. What was it that led you to that conclusion?

Also, why do they not report these assaults and only handle it internally? That's a disgusting message to send to the hundreds of thousands of women sexually assaulted in America per year. "Don't discuss it with anyone." That's the kind of thinking that makes a woman think it's her fault.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

They really think their security goons are capable of handling a sexual assault? That's crazy.

"They were shining flashlights in his face and yelling at him to leave," said a woman who called herself Leslie, but refused to give her real name. She said that weeks earlier another woman was raped at the protest site. "We don't tell anyone," she said. "We handle it internally. I said too much already."

The Sicilians have a word for this: omertà.

They're doing something similar in Baltimore. If you are raped, you're expected to report it to their "security committee." The committee conducts an investigation and, if they find the rapist guilty, banish him from the tent city. I'm sure that has a great deterrent effect. Oh, and they offer the perpetrator counseling, too. And of course they keep the whole matter confidential--omertà.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I find it more disgusting that both sides of the argument are more interested in whether the rapist is or isn't affiliated with OWS and not the fact that someone was raped and should be brought to justice.

edit on 30-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

interesting sounds like a set up

seems to have happened before
but no one was charged

maybe the reason OWS is not calling the cops
is because they know who is sending these children of belial AKA sodomites
after all why not kill or at least beat the crap out of a rapist hmmm?

Meanwhile, a fed-up Rudy Giuliani said the city should move the protesters out, citing public safety and health hazards.

"Enough is enough," the former mayor said. "We can't allow this to go on forever and ever. It sets a bad precedent ... [and] diverts police resources from public safety."

Read more: www.news.com.au... z1cGVU6oiW

anything goes with the psychopathic 1% it would seem.
they have a long history of using sex-attacks as a terrorist tool;

see: Sodom and Gomorrah; also the smiting of the Benjamites in the Book of the Judges of Israel

1st rule of police club
you do not talk about police club

S&F for the alert
and for having the sense to smell something fishy

edit on 30-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

edit on 30-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

oh i'm interested
see my above post

damn shame i'm not in nyc
some "dark" shamanism would be applied

bumping this thread
will now go link it in a few places.

edit on 30-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join