It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul wins Iowa straw

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
reply to post by Drezden

I tell everyone I know "Yes, do vote, please. But just know that your vote might not mean anything. If the electoral college doesn't like the popular vote they don't have to follow it."

I hate that I can't trust my own government to actually listen to me. I hate that I can't trust people who are supposed to be....oh my god...what's the word...OBJECTIVE!....in how they report the news. Thank goodness for ATS where I can find (for the most part) fair "reporting."

I would love Ron Paul to get a fair report. But alas, fair doesn't pay the bills.

I share your sentiment, but the law varies from state to state in regards to how the electoral college votes. In some states the electors are required by law to vote as the popular vote dictates, however there are some states where the electors have the liberty to vote as they please, regardless of how the popular vote goes.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Just to add.........

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Not a good omen for Ron Paul.

Romney won this thing in 2007, and look where he ended up.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

After what I saw going on there it doesn't matter what the people want. It is all rigged for who they want. I have no idea where the Cain footage with the posters came from I didn't see any. Ron Paul spoke and about 800 out of the 1000 they claim was there walked out right behind him. Ron Paul about tore the house down. It was a shock when they dercided Santorum won nobody there was for him except the National delegates that came in to vote.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Not a good omen for Ron Paul. Romney won this thing in 2007, and look where he ended up.

2012 Will be different at least lets hope.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well ya got the flip flopping Romney and the now lier Cain in the way. I hope some of these polls turn out to be how people vote. Cain outright lied today about not knowing about women getting paid off on sexual harassment charges, so he should go in the dumper now. Paul may end up being the last man standing.

I don't agree with all of Pauls politics but I do like his honesty and integrity.

X

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well these polls are not important now because paul is in the race, so they have to play down their importance until "their" chosen one is leading them.....

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

But the Des Moines Register conducted a phone poll, which had these results (which are what's being spread across MSM):

Yep, and they are calling landlines only. I think I know like 1 person who has a landline still. No offense to the elderly, but I'm pretty sure those are the majority of the people they are calling, and many of them, sadly just go based off of whatever the MSM sells them. But those landline polls are exactly what the media keeps bragging about.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I wonder if Dr. Paul even cares about some of the so called endorsements. I don't get the feeling that he wants the endorsement of anyone other than the American people.

Getting endorsements can in some ways make you beholden to those who endorse you.
And if you aim to represent the people, then you want to answer to the people first, and you cannot do that if you have the 'usual suspects' special interest groups breathing down your neck all the time.

What remains to be seen is what happens when Dr. Paul wins the 'endorsement' of the republican party. Will they support him or will they leave him to his own devices?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join