It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS BASHERS -- IT'S ON.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury
1. Do you care more about manners and your traffic route then the message of this protest?

Yes, because most of the fleaparty have no idea what they are talking about and this entire 'protest' is nothing more than a political stunt to help obama. Sorry you don't see it.

2. Would you rather get hit with a empty bottle wearing full armor while holding a riot shield
or, would you rather get shot in the face with a rubber bullet traveling at speeds enough to put you into a coma?

Give me the full armor. Who wants to be in a coma?

3. What have you done to wake up people about the corrupt federal reserve?

Nothing, just like the protesters.

4. Why do you disagree with the OWS movement?

As stated above, it's nothing but a political ploy to help obama. Why would anyone want to get involved with a protest which is supported by the unions, communists, nazis, liberals/progressives, al sharpton and obama. Anything with that sort of support you know is flawed and you should be on the other side.

If these people were serious, they would be having huge gatherings at the white house and congress since the protesters are complaining about jobs going overseas, unemployment and corruption to name just a few complaints.

Besides, all it seems like they are doing is throwing out a new topic everyday to see what sticks. There is no message. It's all a big ball of confusion.

ill be back with 10x more fire power.

Oh, I did not realize you even began to fire.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
edit on 10/29/2011 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/29/2011 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
let me just mention that if the government was doing what it was suppose to we wouldn't be in this mess...a great majority of members in congress on both sides of the isles althouI'm gh not necessarily the one percent I'm confident they are contributing to their wealth...as I have mentioned in the past that these public displays although embraced by many now will be grown tired of...what is essentially being done here to effect the one percent by sleeping in a tent by night and chanting by day? How is that effecting them in their million dollar homes or while they are on vacation on some island...some of these kids going to college aspire to be part of this one percent but because they can't pay off their student loans they are made at the same people they aspire to be.

Again as noted before we need to focus are frustration at the colleges for charging such rediculous fees and tuitions.

We need to be mad at the president for his numerous lies about kicking the lobbyists out of
Washington..as far as I'm aware there are more lobbyists working in Washington than ever before...if I'm mistaken my apologies.

We need to have set terms for all politicians which include mayors and governors not just congress...and we need to do away with this now three party system...no republicans, no democrats and no independents...lets see how they do pandering to all sides of the spectrum..

The welfare system shouldn't be something that is relied upon for generations...this also needs to be limited and if not people who are sucking off of the teats of the workig class should be volunteerig time somewhere on a weekly basis if they can't find work...

US companies that conduct business from their oversees companies should be penalized such as Coca Cola for building their 4 billion dollar plant over in china..and I do believe they have more than one their..

So again I ask what does this protest really hurt the one percent or are we now putting our local resources (money) which may effect social programs down the line from continuing on? You may say that the needs of the many outway the few but is this type of action really going to effect the one percent?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Whether you're old, poor or whatever. When someone is determined for a change there is really no stopping anyone, even a disabled, to take the streets.

edit on 29-10-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The movement is a joke. Yelling at Wall St. doesn't do any good but if OWS want to waste their time then go for it. I said it before and I'll say it again; if this were a real movement or a movement that meant anything, there would be people in front of the White House and Capital Hill. They are the ones that gave OUR money to those crooks. Those banks would have been bankrupted if it wasn't for Washington. Are you guys really that blind?Sorry people thinking you were apart of something special, you got hijacked....

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

My record in this site alone speaks for itself. What the hell has this movement done to "wake people up" about the Federal Reserve? Really, honestly, how has this protest informed anyone as to the evils of the Federal Reserve?

Exactly.
The tea party has done that.
So what if some of OWS don't understand it as well as we do.
There's more than one way to wake up to what is happening to us Jean Paul.
Why isn't tea party in the streets with OWS making sure this message is raised even higher?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
Why isn't tea party in the streets with OWS making sure this message is raised even higher?

Because their goals are totally different.
The fleaparty wants larger government to implement more regulations and higher taxes while the teaparty wants just the opposite.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

My record in this site alone speaks for itself. What the hell has this movement done to "wake people up" about the Federal Reserve? Really, honestly, how has this protest informed anyone as to the evils of the Federal Reserve?

Exactly.
The tea party has done that.
So what if some of OWS don't understand it as well as we do.
There's more than one way to wake up to what is happening to us Jean Paul.

Maybe this will answer your question.If those who are protesting,don't understand why or what they are protesting for,how is the Tea Party going to help a cause with no direction?

Honk if you have Student Loans? Really?

What questions did this man ask or answer,that was wrong?
edit on 29-10-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I think the Tea Party dare I say appears to be a bit more organized such as getting permits for their protests...they are not looking to be discredited through this type of actions such as getting tear gas shot at them by the police...they work with the intention of success through the ballot box...I believe the people who protest are for the most part employed and not necessarily college kids or people under 21 but I could be wrong...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Maybe this will answer your question.If those who are protesting,don't understand why or what they are protesting for,how is the Tea Party going to help a cause with no direction?

that's the easiest question Ive had in a long time.

By giving it one.
Why arn't the tea party in the streets in front lines with banners and speeches leading the way for this new wave of revolutionary action.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

By giving it one.
Why arn't the tea party in the streets in front lines with banners and speeches leading the way for this new wave of revolutionary action.

Even Better one. Why doesn't the OWS join the Tea Party,that has an established message,an established voice?

March on DC.

The Tea Party knows where to voice their displeasure.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

The working poor, the middle class AND the "elite" ...all have the same greed because they worry about their money.

Not quite, I could be happy as a kitten in a catnip factory full of chewy mice, if I had some acreage and no tax whatsoever and no bills and just lived off of what I provided.
I could live dirt poor as I have.
As I remember I was a happy person back when too.
The 1% worries about their cash, I worry about important things, family, food and home.
Money never had much sway with me.

Now more towards the OP, like I mentioned earlier in another thread.
I have a buddy that is of the lower 99% and he listens to FAUX news and eats up everything they give him.
He dislikes the "hippy" protestors and thinks nothing is wrong with our financial system.
I guess he hopes to be in the 1% someday, personally unless he wins a lotto I do not see him getting rich.
I do alot better than him financially and I would not call myself rich by any stretch, unless I can include quality of life.
My wife is prettier than his too! lol
Some people still believe in the american dream, we all know what the dream became...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

reply to post by sonnny1

By giving it one.

Even Better one. Why doesn't the OWS join the Tea Party,that has an established message,an established voice?

March on DC.

The Tea Party knows where to voice their displeasure.

Which of course raises the question would the tea party in D.C. and congress welcome them with open arms as fellow revolutionaries or shun them now that the tea party thinks they have a piece of the cake?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Everyone knows that sarah palin and glenn beck are the leaders of the tea party now.
Well, they are not but some believe so.
The OWS has no leader, there can be no one person to discredit that way.
Why join the co-opted tea party?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
Don't worry about the actions of the 1% that caused so many people to be homeless and jobless. Never mind them "too big to fail" banks that have pulled the greatest day light robbery the world has ever seen. Worry about those darn hippies using their constitutional rights who aren't harming anyone but are just sitting at Wall Street. They're clearly the enemy here.

Out of curiosity, if you knew you couldn't afford a mortgage, would you sign for it anyway?
If you were offered money to stay afloat, would you accept it?
Do you thinks it's your right to take from me to have for yourself?

You sure appear to lean to saying "yes" to all of those from your own words above.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury
1. Do you care more about manners and your traffic route then the message of this protest?

Yes.

2. Would you rather get hit with a empty bottle wearing full armor while holding a riot shield
or, would you rather get shot in the face with a rubber bullet traveling at speeds enough to put you into a coma?

If I'm ever stuck in a place where bottles and rubber bullets are flying, I'm going to try to be the one with the armor and the riot shield. But this is a false dilemma: I don't have to choose either one. I can simply avoid the circumstances you've described.

3. What have you done to wake up people about the corrupt federal reserve?

I've tried to dispel some of the dumber myths about the FRS on this site by quoting and linking to primary sources. That's all I can do. But as long as fringe web sites keep republishing them, I think the myths will survive.

4. Why do you disagree with the OWS movement?

The movement doesn't have a central proposition with which one can agree or disagree. I've seen forgive student loans, make university free, spend more money on public transit, spend more money on health care, stop fracking, end corporate personhood, abolish the Federal Reserve, no police layoffs, shoot the police, end the wars, blame the Jews for everything, and that old standard, raise taxes on people who make more money than me and give me the money. By their actions, it's clear many protesters also have ideas regarding drug laws, public urination laws, public masturbation laws, and age of consent laws. I'm not going to go down the list and explain why I agree or disagree with everything the movement seems to be advocating. When they get their act together and get on message, maybe then.

You are the 99% yet your siding with the 1%.

Oh no, I'm a class traitor
That's like the communist version of race traitor, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Nice response.

It's rare to say it but with you it's pretty commonplace:

I can't argue with you Sir.
You are correct.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
How come Anonymous never supported the Tea Party but fully supports and is activist for OWS? Something to think about.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
OWS reminds me of congress and senate. all talk. no goals or plan, no real leadership, only out for themselves but claiming to be doing this for us, paid for by someone else. Did I miss anything? The only difference I see is that the congress and senate dress better.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

Evolution of a spoiled child.
1. Demand something you want.
2. Try to gain allies in your demand for something that you want.
3. Bash and insult people that don't side with you in your efforts to get something.
4. Make threats. Insults. Insinuations.
5. Repeat.

If you believe in a cause, it should not matter who sides with you, who sides against you. If you believe in a cause, you shouldn't care about detractors or critics.

This isn't the prom. Stop looking for the popularity vote.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join