It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

better bulk Humanity destroyed Now instead of Future when with populated billions more human lives?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
how do you feel personally about that statement? is it pessimistic and morbid, or reasonable and logically sound?

granted, the Elite of our world will bank on extraordinary measures of survival while 99% or more of homo sapien earthlings die off.

considering our population growth, we are at 7 billion people already and within one more generation or by 2050s it will have grown almost 50% MORE to over 10 billion people in just 40 more yrs from now.

and what do you think the majority of people would choose for humanity's faith, which is the lesser of 2 evils?

YU55 this year, or bigger WN5 which in 2028 is expected to pass 0.00166 AU from Earth,, or some asteroid more collossal and proximal yet, by 2050s??

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

and what do you think the majority of people would choose for humanity's faith, which is the lesser of 2 evils?

Tacos

But seriously, I believe we will be shaken off this world like fleas by then. Possibly by our own devises.
If not, there is plenty of room on this earth for 10 billion.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
There are millions of stars out there with many millions of plantets in total.
Perhaps we are just at the relative start of human populations.
One day each family may have their own planet even.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
how do you feel personally about that statement? is it pessimistic and morbid, or reasonable and logically sound?

granted, the Elite of our world will bank on extraordinary measures of survival while 99% or more of homo sapien earthlings die off.

considering our population growth, we are at 7 billion people already and within one more generation or by 2050s it will have grown almost 50% MORE to over 10 billion people in just 40 more yrs from now.

YU55 this year, or bigger WN5 which in 2028 is expected to pass 0.00166 AU from Earth,, or some asteroid more collossal and proximal yet, by 2050s??

All that matters is how much love each person experiences and expresses from now until extinction. The number is irrelevant. We, this planet, are infinitely sustainable and resilient. But not while living in fear. When the weight of fear, enforced through violent domination, is lifted from this world reality will saturate it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

I think humankind is going to outgrow itself in this manner a number of times through many centuries, teetering on the brink of self destruction and self sustaining progression.

Wouldn't it be nice if we just all the sudden "wised up".

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The title of this thread does not make any sense at all

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What's a few billion more or less? It's harder to grieve for such a massive number than a figure that is easier to understand.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Then think about it for a #ing second.

Hes asking if its better if everyone dies now, or later when there are more people.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This planet is way too overpopulated, humans are by nature tribal, the ideal state of being for us is to live in clans/tribes/villages of about 150 people with enough territory round us to allow hunting and gathering to feed that number of people. Most of the wars, violent crime and/or "insanity" is because we're all packed to closely together without the space that we need just to get away from other humans.

Because of nuclear weapons and other WMD's we no longer dare have wars on the scale of in the past to help keep the population down to a reasonable level, and with modern medicine keeping people alive longer old age/disease is no longer helping the culling process and then we get to my biggest problem with the subject, selfish people having an unreasonable amount of children, I've had discussions with people about overpopulation and they seem to completely overlook or ignore the hypocrisy of them complaining about overpopulation and them having a bunch of children running round.

Oh, and I practice what I preach, I decided over thirty years ago that I wouldn't have children because of this problem.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wild boar get hunted to preserve native plants. Wild deer herds get shot because of excessive growth. I think human hunting season should be allowed.

top topics

join