It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Occupy... Protest Gets Violent!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Updated information in the article in the opening post.

According to sources at the scene, some protesters were seen urinating in bottles and throwing them at police officers. Others were allegedly putting trip wires on the ground in an effort to trip officers.

No serious injuries have been reported.

Police confirm that a few officers have resorted to pepper spray and other non-lethal devices such as rubber bullets in an effort to control the crowd.

Just after 6 p.m., police gave protesters a five minute warning to remove tents and other temporary structures from downtown parks.

Developing story…

Source.

They're throwing urine in bottles now? That'll get someone's respect for you.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Tear Gas. A water cannon even. Not hard rubber projectiles shaped like bullets traveling at a few hundred feet per second. People don't die from tear gas, but many have died from rubber bullets. It only takes getting hit in the head to die. Or the throat. Or the chest above the heart if you're older. I remember several years ago there was a riot and a stray rubber bullet killed a young woman who wasn't even part of the rioting.. it's stupid, senseless, and dangerous. No excuse.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by nidstav

general strike has already been called..

Really? Where and when? Sources would be nice to post. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

They probably didn't have enough tear gas on the 8 of them for 2000+ people rushing the state capitol steps, and a water cannon is kind of hard to put into your back pocket. This happened all of a sudden.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

According to my sister who is a denver protester, the police tried to "trample" some of their tents and some protesters fought back.

Can you find a source for this? Thank you.

1- According to my sister who is a denver protester,
2-www.emergencystream.com...

UMMM HEELLLOOO!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Ummm. HELLO back to you.

In the article update I posted above it says the police at 6PM gave the order to the protesters to clear all downtown parks. Thanks though for the update.
edit on 10/29/11 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Rockpuck

2000+ protesters vs 8 police officers? Hmmm. What should they have used?

common sense?
brains

oh you were talking about the Popo

my bad

day off huh ferris?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Well, we can clearly see where you're coming from. Common sense is quite an answer though. Is that their 9mm pistol?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

really now? i'd say you've got a beam in your eye

ever hit a hornets nest with a stick?

that kinda common sense

it's clear what your authoritarian fantasies are re the protestors are though, and what should be done about them

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Sorry risking American lives to save the Capital floor from getting muddy foot prints isn't my idea of justified force.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Sounds like it's over with, at least for today.

As of 7 p.m. Saturday, the scene was described as being much calmer.

Developing story…

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Police use rubber bullets and pepper spray on demonstrators as Occupy Denver protest turns ugly

A tense standoff between Occupy Denver protesters and authorities near the Colorado Capitol erupted Saturday with a surge of demonstrators being met with police force that included pepper spray and rubber bullets.

The clash came as Occupy Wall Street protesters and state officials in Tennessee squared off for a third consecutive night Saturday, even though a local judge has refused to jail demonstrators who have been arrested and said the state lacks the authority to set a curfew on the property.

In Denver, some supporters of the Occupy movement, marching with a group of about 2,000, tried to advance up the Capitol steps.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by nidstav

general strike has already been called..

Really? Where and when? Sources would be nice to post. Thank you.

Sorry, I'm late.. Here we go.

source

It was called by O-Oakland

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

OK. A local general strike. I thought you meant a nationwide general strike had been called.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

at the time, we (down here in Atlanta) got word of it as well as wall street because we were supposed to be trying to coordinate a national strike.
edit on 30-10-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Hell yeah throw piss at the pigs...and why not a big turd? Enough is enough...Your either for the revolution or your note. If you can't take the heat then move along. I think it's time cop cars and motorcycles get turned upside. It's time the militias come in and bloody up the entire nation just like 1776. Everybody talks about our glorious founders but nobody want's to live it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join