It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek: Favorites!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Can't remember the name of the movie (maybe "The Voyage Home"), it's the one where they put the Whales in the ship, Bones (the ship's doctor) gives this lady in the hospital a HUGE pill, and then in onother scene, you hear her saying she is cured of Cancer, thats awesome stuff.

And I think it was Picard that said, in our time, we have no need for money, everyone works for the betterment of humanity.

And who could forget Sub-commander T'Pol (Jolene Blalok) I couldn't take my eye's off of her.

Star Trek, I miss it

Peace

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I also loved the main engineering set in ST TNG! It was such a cool set, with all the stations, the warp core, and that emergency door that Geordi would love to roll past during coolant leaks! I read that Gene didn't originally want to create an engineering set because of the cost. What a loss that would have been!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
reply to post by Nurelic

I think everyone felt that way about Wesley! hahaha

hahaha yeah he had it coming to him. Especially after wearing those god awful turtleneck sweaters in the first 2 seasons...

Oh hey Cosmic, how bout a new favorite category?...
hottest character: T'Pol

Hey how do I post an actual youtube video up instead of just the link?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic

Originally posted by Cosmic911
reply to post by Nurelic

I think everyone felt that way about Wesley! hahaha

hahaha yeah he had it coming to him. Especially after wearing those god awful turtleneck sweaters in the first 2 seasons...

Oh hey Cosmic, how bout a new favorite category?...
hottest character: T'Pol

He was such a Dbag! Haha. Yes, T'Pol was kicking! lol. I'll be honest, I loved TNG but those first 2 seasons were TERRIBLE! I don't know how it didn't get cancelled. The acting was terrible, the story lines were awful, and the effects were lousy...hehehe...
Hey how do I post an actual youtube video up instead of just the link?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Once again, the ST universe, I'm hoping that Spock and the crew will go back and realign the crap they messed up on.
It is still possible!!
The only way I would consider a NWO is starfleet style, no food worries worldwide no power bills, then all could live in peace globally.
I could do that NWO, but we got a bit of work before we get there.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

Call me weird or whatever Jolleen just does not do it for me, but you put some funky hairstyle on her and some pointy ears, she tips my scale at 11.
Guess I got a Vulcan thing...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by FutureThinker

Call me weird or whatever Jolleen just does not do it for me, but you put some funky hairstyle on her and some pointy ears, she tips my scale at 11.
Guess I got a Vulcan thing...

So is it an ear fetish or green-blooded cold-hearted fetish? Hehe

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I miss Star Trek conventions too!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Yeah the first two seasons were horrible. Easily could have been cancelled. I'm glad it didn't because it sure got a lot better after that.

Here's another funny TNG parody... And look at what that crewman is wearing at the 6 second mark... unbelievable hahahha. Must be a scene from season one for sure...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Awful just doesn't even begin to explain it! Haha...
TNG developed into such a great show after season 3. It was like day and night.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Stellar Cartography was also a great set on the Enterprise. I believe we first see that set in Generations. And the Battle Bridge, that was pretty neat too.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker

Can't remember the name of the movie (maybe "The Voyage Home"), it's the one where they put the Whales in the ship, Bones (the ship's doctor) gives this lady in the hospital a HUGE pill, and then in onother scene, you hear her saying she is cured of Cancer, thats awesome stuff.

And I think it was Picard that said, in our time, we have no need for money, everyone works for the betterment of humanity.

And who could forget Sub-commander T'Pol (Jolene Blalok) I couldn't take my eye's off of her.

Star Trek, I miss it

Peace

"And I think it was Picard that said, in our time, we have no need for money, everyone works for the betterment of humanity."

Roddenberry had such an idealistic hope for humanity in the future. But I guess with replicator technology, there would be no need for money.

Yeah the hospital scene with Bones was cool. Also, I liked when Scotty gave that engineer the formula for transparent aluminum, or something like that. lol

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I know most folks hated DS9, but I thought it was cool.

I honestly enjoyed it while it was running. It always came on late enough that I would catch it after I got home from hanging out with the guys, around 1-2am.

Sure, you could argue I only like the Star-Trek episodes catering to drunks (as per the video I posted on page 1), and I wouldn't argue with you but DS9 had some cool episodes imho.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The story line with the Dominion, I thought, was pretty good. I wasn't crazy about the rest of it, but the Dominion War was decent. The battle sequences were good. It was something that TNG lacked. The space combat in DS9 was really good. I appreciated the close ups of the ships during the battle scenes. That was another thing about TNG that bugged me...they were very repetitious with the ship models, using the same scenes multiple times...those were boring.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I think the addition of Ensign Ro in TNG strengthened the character line up. I liked her a lot. Her character was good technically, she was tough, and she had an interesting background.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I liked the DS9 episode where they play baseball against the Vulcans. That was pretty cool. And the Vulcans team name was the Logicians... heh heh.

Best Star Trek movie: Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock
That was a good one.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
You folks are nerdifying me again. I'm not a trekkie or anything but I know good TV and I can recognize well written scripts and dialogue.

Haha.

I just started watchng DS9 season 1, a few episodes in to it now.

I forgot how much I loved this series!
I am glad this thread came up today.

I think my favorite aspect is the morality and political issues that are commonly presented. There is some quality ideas being presented.

If anyone is interested the youtube search term works like this
"DS9 S01E04" etc.

They have tons of full episodes up.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
-Captain? Without a doubt, Shatner! Picard seems to be more "serious" as a captain, but he lacks what makes Kirk special as a captain.
-Series? I was going to say Enterprise, because it is more action orientated than any of the other series, but I am going to settle for DS9, because it's the only ST series that really takes place in a war.
-Bad Guy/Girl? Khaaaaaan!
-Enterprise? 1701-A, i really love the interior.
-Other Ship Class? Miranda Class. Obviously so good, it's still in use a hundret years later in Picard-times (same true for Excelsior-Class)
-Episode? Trials and Tribble-lations DS 9
-Temporal Episode? The one where the TNG-Crew finds Scotty on da Dyson-Sphere
-Space Anamoly? The Nexus
-2 Part Episode? In a mirror Darkly, the Enterprise-Episodes in the mirror universe.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
All right! Geek out time!

1. Captain - Picard. You come up on an unknown planet, unknown dangers, you're captain of the ship. Would you beam down to check it out? Not me! Number one, go check it out while I sip on a cup of tea.

2. Series - Next Generation.

3. Bad Guy/Girl - Harry Mudd. Most ... Lovable ... Villian ... Ever.

4. Enterprise - D.

5. Other Ship Class - USS Relativity. All the best of the other ships plus a time drive. Next Gen Romulan Warbird deserves honorable mention just because it looks so cool.

6. Episode - Way too many to choose.

7. Temporal Episode - Again, too many to choose.

8. Space Anamoly - Star Trek Voyager 7.15 - The Void.

9. Two Part Episode - TNG Final Episode - All Good Things.

10. Hottest Babe - Seven of Nine in her silver suit.

11. Most Depressing Thing About the Future - Even in the 23rd century, there is still no cure for male pattern baldness.

Also, I think an upcoming Star Trek series should include a Borg vs. Dominion war.

I need to get off this thread before I spend the whole day on it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
-Captain? Picard
-Series? The Next Generation
-Bad Guy/Girl? The Borg, definitely... Q was pretty entertaining too, though he's more of an annoyance than bad guy.
-Enterprise? NCC-1701-D despite only having 1 bathroom, lol
-Other Ship Class? I always thought the Bird of Prey ships were cool looking
-Episode? I'm a Data fangirl, so all of the episodes featuring him are my favorites.

Or this one, for the impressive special effects,

-Temporal Episode? Parallels or Timescape, the part where Picard draws that smiley face is really funny.
-Space Anamoly? Hard to say, the temporal and space anomaly episodes tend to overlap...I'll say Rascals though
-2 Part Episode? Best of Both Worlds

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join