It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me one good reason why we shouldn't be happy for the rest of our lives?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

If you want to continue letting the storms outside enter you all the time, storms you cant control, storms you will never control, you are bound to live between heaven (positive) and hell (negative) forever.
Go ahead. Its not my choice.
I choose to master my emotions, turn all my negative emotions into positive ones until there is no more negativity to burn.
I choose to control my temper, to stay calm and confident before the storm, i choose to cry with compassion (great feeling), i choose to love life, i choose to feel joy, i choose to smile, i choose friendship, i choose light.
I can choose, so can you, the difference between me and you is that i know this is true and you still believe its not possible.
The light is inside us, its not outside, one day you will know this.
I hope you will.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by Frira

If you want to continue letting the storms outside enter you all the time, storms you cant control, storms you will never control, you are bound to live between heaven (positive) and hell (negative) forever.
Go ahead. Its not my choice.
I choose to master my emotions, turn all my negative emotions into positive ones until there is no more negativity to burn.
I choose to control my temper, to stay calm and confident before the storm, i choose to cry with compassion (great feeling), i choose to love life, i choose to feel joy, i choose to smile, i choose friendship, i choose light.
I can choose, so can you, the difference between me and you is that i know this is true and you still believe its not possible.
The light is inside us, its not outside, one day you will know this.
I hope you will.

Yes, and you and your ilk will sit by and watch another suffer and not do a human thing, because it would disturb your FALSE bliss. You are just fine with the flames... as long as they are consuming another.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that you are young and inexperienced with suffering-- or simply avoiding it (I knew for sure when you "decided to stop explaining").

With time you will see the needs of the other human beings in the world and your part in it.

You can call that happiness if you wish. I am happy that way-- so happy sometimes that I want to kill something.

So, you just sit there and meditate on how happy you are are, and if you get really good at it, you can even continue your meditation despite the screams of agony coming from the pesky human beings around you-- and if the torment does not kill them, please, make sure you take the time to remind them to be happy, like you.

Half-human idiot that you are: How dare you tell the suffering that they are lacking in intelligence so you can pretend to be blind?

edit on 31-10-2011 by Frira because: punctuation error.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

I think you are confused.
Compassion is a great feeling, i love it, i cried many times connecting to other people lives and feelings, why do you think that i don't connect to the human suffering, i do. I want to cure, i want help, i want to hold people who suffer, but i don't have to suffer too because if i do what good does it bring to the situation?
Compassion is to feel what others feel but its not a negative feeling because its love in action and it feels so great, you feel connected to the universe even if you are crying your eyes out.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

I suffered a lot and i was dumb everytime i let it happen to me but i guess its a part of life, you have to suffer for some time, not being able to deal with it, until you learn.
I feel sorry for people in suffering i d like to save them but feelings are responsibility of the feeler, only he can stop feeling bad, i can help, i can sympathize, i can feel compassion, give a hug, listen, give love, but i cant change what other people feel. People have to save themselves from suffering, other people can point the way, but they have to walk the path.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I'm happy that you have managed to stay happy despite what you may have gone through in your life...but i think your stretching things when you say that what seems negative has some positive behind it. I fear that you may not have truly experienced some of the "negative" things that others have experienced.. and to say there is always something positive in a situation may seem very cruel .

The doctor who experienced the home invaders come into his home tie up his family , then burn the house , while he managed to escape...might be hard pressed to find the "positive" in that negative event. I'll always remember him being on Oprah, and Oprah asking him what he had learned from the experience...like she was some Guru of taking every experience and learning some fantastic spiritual lesson from it. The look on his face was that of disbelief.. and he was clearly struggling for words . This man looked shell shocked

Very insightful gabby....

I didn't know you watch Oprah.

I have to say that was one time I wanted to put my hand through the TV screen and slap Oprah , then ask her what she has learned from that slap.

The plot thickens, so you think Oprah is capable of something more then regurgitating what the script says the scene is to be like. Hey gabby your like the only person I know of who has learned anything from watching Oprah. In fact your like the only person I know of, even among internet acquaintance's who actually watches Oprah.

“"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
....Bruce Lee"”

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

The plot thickens, so you think Oprah is capable of something more then regurgitating what the script says the scene is to be like. Hey gabby your like the only person I know of who has learned anything from watching Oprah. In fact your like the only person I know of, even among internet acquaintance's who actually watches Oprah. “"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer. ....Bruce Lee"”

What a wonderfully assumptive and judgmental post my friend.

I really don't like Oprah, and I have never liked her 'spiritual" arrogance , especially in the last decades...but yes I have watched the show....

You want to judge me for that?.. Go ahead.. would you like to judge me for reading the nonsense on here at times as well.. have a go at it. I tend to do things to kill boredom.

Did I say I have ever learned anything from Oprah? no..all I said is that I was infuriated with her that day.. and how she dared try and use this man's terrible loss and very horrific sorrow, in reference to her nauseating spiritual teachings.. on seeing the positive in all things.

I thought it fit in well with the whole concept of this post quite well.

I find it rather odd that you would read so much into that story.. when it is you who usually tells me i read way too deeply into things..

Me thinks you may need to practice what you preach... ..and also understand why I would choose to use it as an example of reference for this thread..after all it is on topic... and your comments are not.

hmmm... what was that about a wise man learning from a foolish question??

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

What a wonderfully assumptive and judgmental post my friend.

Well thanks I do try to be assumptive and judgmental all withing the same sentence.

You want to judge me for that?.. Go ahead.. would you like to judge me for reading the nonsense on here at times as well.. have a go at it. I tend to do things to kill boredom.

Nah that's ok, I just want to hear of the ways you kill boredom. They are interesting. So has it worked yet...Is boredom dead yet?

Did I say I have ever learned anything from Oprah? no..all I said is that I was infuriated with her that day.. and how she dared try and use this man's terrible loss and very horrific sorrow, in reference to her nauseating spiritual teachings.. on seeing the positive in all things.

I will confess something to you...But it must not leave this post...I to have watched Oprah, but only for moments here and there never a full show....And I do not think I have ever seen a moment were she wasn't nauseating somebody somewhere with her spirituality.

Me thinks you may need to practice what you preach... ..and also understand why I would choose to use it as an example of reference for this thread..after all it is on topic... and your comments are not.

What my comments are always on topic, I could say the most craziest and unbelievable of thing's and it will still be on topic, in the most craziest and unbelievable of threads. So as you can see it is you who is off topic, with your perfectly rational thoughts and points.

hmmm... what was that about a wise man learning from a foolish question?

"After all is said and done, more is said than done.
...Aesop"

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

What my comments are always on topic, I could say the most craziest and unbelievable of thing's and it will still be on topic, in the most craziest and unbelievable of threads. So as you can see it is you who is off topic, with your perfectly rational thoughts and points.

yes..of course..why couldn't I see that

haha..you admitted to watching Oprah..

"Since I cannot govern my own tongue, though within my own teeth, how can I hope to govern the tongue of others? " - Benjamin Franklin

"When we advance a little into life, we find that the tongue of man creates nearly all the mischief of the world."
- Edwin Paxton Hood
edit on 31-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

What can I say gabby, if i wanted to I can be sneaky to, and yes even turn your words upside down, inside out, and all around. But I am to sleepy to do that now...Maybe tomorrow.

But I will leave you with this wise saying.

"Always when judging
Who people are,
Remember to footnote
The words "So far."

...Robert Brault"

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by ThoughtForms

Negative feelings arise, we should turn them into positive ones.
Example: I am jealous of a friend that got promoted. I say: Dam i am jealous, cant believe i am jealous (awareness) Thats why i was thinking of not calling him to say congratulations. Thats so stupid, i should be happy for him. Get over it.
Once you got aware and you rationalized it, you make a choice to not continue with it, it lost all its power, so now i feel happy for him and i am going to call him and say congratulations, doing the right thing.

In this example i am in control of my emotions, i transform them.

From darkness to light.

wow. sorry if you were trying to be 'positive' then but you just come across as pretentious & immature.

Learning to see the silver lining is an effective survival mechanism & whether or not the spirit exists does not matter as believing it does & then interacting with that believed force is power. power to you, power to everyone, power to live, love & survive.

but to deny negative feelings altogether & meticulously reprogramming yourself to find every single frustration a 'positive' occurrence is foolhardy if it is done to avoid natural emotions & experiences.

there's a difference between being able to look back on bad things & see how they had changed you or your life for the better and sugar coating reality.

Peace....
-TF

P.S) become too passive and you will never care enough to work at making things change....
edit on 1-11-2011 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

What can I say gabby, if i wanted to I can be sneaky to, and yes even turn your words upside down, inside out, and all around. But I am to sleepy to do that now...Maybe tomorrow.

yes..I think you have twisted my words around , upside down and inside out enough for one day..maybe tomorrow you can get a fresh start..

I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes..

"I amz what I amz ,and thats all that I amz."

by popeye

quote by Thoughtforms

but to deny negative feelings altogether & meticulously reprogramming yourself to find every single frustration a 'positive' occurrence is foolhardy if it is done to avoid natural emotions & experiences. there's a difference between being able to look back on bad things & see how they had changed you or your life for the better and sugar coating reality.

That is part of one of the best posts on this thread..very well said

edit on 1-11-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

This thread is not about suppressing emotions, refusing emotions, or denial emotions, its about creating your own emotions because you can.
You can be calm inside in the middle of a storm outside.
You don't have to be at the mercy of outside forces, they say dance you say how high, the wind blows, you go with it.
Its about emotional control yes, to promote a calm peaceful compassionate state of mind/feelings that is the best to make good actions.
What you let yourself feel determines the actions you do.
If you are angry you do destructible actions, you yell etc
If you are depress you do auto-destructible actions.
And so on.
What i am saying is that we can rule our emotions, not completely maybe, but it doesn't matter.
You can change!! If you are a nervous guy today, you can learn to be calm.
Come on people, is that so hard to believe? That we can change the way we react to things of life?
Look around, the earth is full people that are calm and peaceful, why cant we change!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I believe in change & that anyone can do it....but sometimes it is not enough just to know & believe yo ucan change...sometimes other things make change take a long time & circumstance can wear a person down. if the circumstance is forseeably perminant then life can wear a person down. But, life itself is precious and needs to be appreciated. I agree with much of what you just wrote in your reply...one thing you said was about what you allow yourself to feel & the quality of the decisions made by the individual...very poignant...I'll try to remember that...

I think I misunderstood the crux of what your message was earlier and as such have nothing to debate...

peace,
-TF

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes..

"I amz what I amz ,and thats all that I amz." by popeye

You ma'am are a genius.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You ma'am are a genius.

I will look deeply into that and assume you are being sarcastic..considering you are smart enough to know how stupid I can be.

I amz what I amz.. and thats all that I amz.

(the good , the bad, the ugly, the not so smart..the smart enough..and the plain ol' sometimes less than average me)

It seems best to try and embrace all aspects of myself
... but being a genius is not on that list...though I may be smart enough to know I am not smart .

In keeping with the spirit of this thread I am trying to work on keeping a positive attitude, and learning how to embrace myself for what I am....imperfections and all.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
quote by Thoughtforms

but to deny negative feelings altogether & meticulously reprogramming yourself to find every single frustration a 'positive' occurrence is foolhardy if it is done to avoid natural emotions & experiences. there's a difference between being able to look back on bad things & see how they had changed you or your life for the better and sugar coating reality.

That is part of one of the best posts on this thread..very well said

thanks for the shout out gabs

if I don't feel like the things I'm communicating are worth the time of others I just don't communicate....which gets boring fast.... so thank you for letting me know you liked my thoughts....

Peace & love,
-TF

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

if I don't feel like the things I'm communicating are worth the time of others I just don't communicate....which gets boring fast.... so thank you for letting me know you liked my thoughts....

I loved your thoughts,and I encourage you to share them more often.. you express them well..and they are very worthy of being expressed.

I thank you for taking the time to post them.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I am glad i can help, you all helped me a lot understanding my initial idea better.
Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join