It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me one good reason why we shouldn't be happy for the rest of our lives?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by TheGrandWazoo

You are getting anger? Do i have to watch your emotions? Why don't you do that and start acting calm and peaceful? Its your choice.

You remind me of this episode of Black Books...

it takes 3 skinheads to knock him out of it, lol...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Compassion is not a sad/bad feeling, it is a very positive one, you people are confused, do you think you help by being sad or depressed? Get over it.
Do you want to feel bad? Fine, but at least be aware of your emotions and feel what you want to feel.
Thats emotional freedom, emotional control, emotional power, whatever, but be responsible for your emotions.
Be aware first and then control them, its your energy, the energy you put in this world is your responsibility, and it will come back to you, so keep walking around all angry if you want, but you are not doing a great service to yourself or to your brothers and sisters.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Looool look guys, just be aware of your feelings, really aware, and then let it flow.. I bet you will start feeling what you want, if you want to be angry be, sad, depressed, suffering, whatever, do it, but at least its you that is doing it consciously, you are responsible, you are not manipulated anymore.
Be aware, feel what you want, be responsible for the energy you put in this world, it will all come back to you. If you do this, i bet some changes will occur!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Its simple, don't worry be happy, that's the smartest thing you can do when living the so called "problems" of life.
We just have to act, improve things, help, but why negative? We can do all this in a positive mood, happiness is contagious! So if you are positive, you spread that energy to people around you.

This kind of happy reaction can be classified as unhealthy even by some and seriously even though I think you mean well, we as humans weren't designed to stay in one emotional state all our lives.

I also think being happy all the time robs you of perspective and wisdom , therefore putting you in a limited state of your knowledge of the universe you live in.As one man said it "you need to know everything before you know anything".

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Looool look guys, just be aware of your feelings, really aware, and then let it flow.. I bet you will start feeling what you want, if you want to be angry be, sad, depressed, suffering, whatever, do it, but at least its you that is doing it consciously, you are responsible, you are not manipulated anymore.
Be aware, feel what you want, be responsible for the energy you put in this world, it will all come back to you. If you do this, i bet some changes will occur!

This is true,if you ask me.Being as aware as you can be of yourself and the world around you can make you wiser and gives you more power over yourself but also others.you have to be responsible though,because you can affect others in a lot of ways.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Oracle

Just be aware of your emotions and feel what you want.
Is that good enough? Be emotionally responsible. You are responsible for the energy you put, it will come back to you anyway, so one day you will learn.
You people have felt bad so many times, there comes a time that this dark/light game ends, and you choose to feel good.
Peace, compassion, joy, love, so many positive emotions to feel, but no, lets feel bad, because we humans have to, we have no choice we were designed to be manipulated for all eternity.. For me its enough of that. I will be aware and stay positive. If you are not there yet, if you want a little more bad vibes go on, its your choice.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

reply to post by The_Oracle

You people have felt bad so many times, there comes a time that this dark/light game ends, and you choose to feel good.

Actually there are no guarantees in the universe.And it's no game being able to feel both sides of the emotional spectrum.The only game is playing the role of the human you have become.

Peace, compassion, joy, love, so many positive emotions to feel, but no, lets feel bad, because we humans have to, we have no choice we were designed to be manipulated for all eternity..

I think these emotion are only there to keep you occupied while you perform whatever it is that you have to in life.They make it easier to go through the years.

And you do have a choice in the matter,but sooner or later the challenge might overcome you as a human being and you won't be able to keep a smile on and be happy,because of how we are.

For me its enough of that. I will be aware and stay positive. If you are not there yet, if you want a little more bad vibes go on, its your choice.

Fighting it will not make it go away,so people would rather learn from it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
quote by unityemissions

Being happy 100% of the time is either either naivety, or pathology. You either lack the ability to empathize properly, else haven't experienced too much trauma in your life.

yep.. you hit the nail on the head with that response.. thank you for bringing some sanity into this thread.

Quotes by Grandwazzo :

This 'blame-the-victim' strategy is clearly invented by the people in power, to keep power. So according to your beliefs, these people who created the cast system have bad karma and will be reborn as poor laborers, whose function in society is to sit by the road and hammer rocks into pebbles, while other castes spit at them? (Yes this is still going on in rural India). In this kind of thinking, more people will go down the ladder of karma than up, because poverty makes you do desperate and bad things!

Blame the victims. Holy s*^`. I can't believe your advocating this. Just be happy and if you see someone who isn't, try to be happy about that too. Tell that kid his father raped him because god wanted him to have a nice struggle this time around. Then smile to his face. Maybe he would think you were the new messiah!

I see much common sense and wisdom in ALL of your posts...
Thank you for bringing some rationality and perspective into the reasons why humans are sad and suffering.

Quote by juveous

Just butting in here....how is there a lesson through reincarnation if you cannot remember your past life?

Very good point !!!

Quote by Ha'la'tha

To be perfectly honest, if not blunt... nothing would make me more miserable in every day life, than to be around someone like you.. Damn... you must be pretty well off in life so that you can just will happiness on yourself, claiming you never get sad or unhappy... You know the saying, walk a mile in another man's shoes?

I so agree with you on this post..

In conclusion I would like to say to the Op, that it is dangerous to not let yourself feel sadness for the misfortunes of others as well as your own..

What is wrong with empathy and helping those who suffer carry their burdens by suffering with them..

Someday Op..you could very well be in a very desperate situation someday...and someone like you will walk by and say to himself.. as you are struggling with trying to survive , that you most likely are getting some karma paid back, and they need to let you struggle and suffer...and they will keep on going...whistling a happy tune.
edit on 30-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

You got it wrong, compassion is one of the greatest feelings on earth.
When you empathize you feel good, its not a bad feeling, you feel connected, you feel the unity.
Want to feel bad, go ahead, its your choice, at least be aware of your feelings and take control of them. If you choose to feel sad, fine, that is the energy you choose to put in the world but remember what goes around comes around. You are responsible for the energy you send.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You got it wrong, compassion is one of the greatest feelings on earth.
When you empathize you feel good, its not a bad feeling, you feel connected, you feel the unity.
Want to feel bad, go ahead, its your choice, at least be aware of your feelings and take control of them. If you choose to feel sad, fine, that is the energy you choose to put in the world but remember what goes around comes around. You are responsible for the energy you send.

No..you're ego is feeling good because you think you are being compassionate.. REAL empathy means you are understanding and feeling to an extent how the victim feels..

I think someday you will understand how wrong you are...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Compassion is to feel what others are feeling, to put yourself in the others place. Why? To understand, to know how it feels, but when you are compassionate you are not suffering. You feel love and compassionate, you love you want to help, you put yourself in others shoes, but its not a bad feeling, its great, you feel alive and connected, you are loving one another, connecting in a deep level. This feels bad for you? Not for me, i cried many times empathizing, and it feels great.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Gee. You must be in love.

Here is your one good reason:

* Suffering.

Others do it even if you do not.

What you need is a good dose of reality to open your eyes. The death of a best friend often does that for me; but for most humans even a good house fire destroying a complete stranger's hopes, dreams and memories can help.

Where is my stuffed Eeyore when I need it?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Nothing can control my feelings if i don't want to. Maybe i want to feel bad sometimes to know how it feels, to empathize, but its not really a bad feeling because you are trying to understand someone, you are doing good, and although you feel what others feel, it feel right inside, you feel good at a very deep level because its a good cause.
Its like a pregnant woman giving birth, it hurts but feels great because even hurting, she is doing something great.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Erm my wife hated every moment of child birth, she was happy when it was over but not at the time,
Happy pain? do a google search and Iam sure you will find some funny websites to do with that ...if that swings your boat lol.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Compassion is to feel what others are feeling, to put yourself in the others place. Why? To understand, to know how it feels, but when you are compassionate you are not suffering. You feel love and compassionate, you love you want to help, you put yourself in others shoes, but its not a bad feeling, its great, you feel alive and connected, you are loving one another, connecting in a deep level. This feels bad for you? Not for me, i cried many times empathizing, and it feels great.

How could you possibly understand someones feelings who are suffering deeply unless you experience that suffering on some level...and to say it should make you feel great because you are connecting and loving someone only shows me that it is your ego trying to feel great about yourself.

It is sorrow and suffering that people experience in compassion and empathy that moves then to try and help alleviate some of the suffering that others endure.

Having a good cry and feeling great about it, does not show true compassion to me.

You will never convince me that your attitude is the correct one..and that being happy is the key to a good life.

I think we need to let ourselves feel how we feel..work through it and try to understand why. I would rather someone work on their feelings of pride, then try to deny their sadness over the sorrows that many have gone through, and are going through now.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You have to be aware of your feelings and act.
Oh my god iam feeling jealous, but why? Its stupid, i should be happy for him. Yup, i am happy for him.
You see?
You bring awareness and clarity to your emotions and you never stick to the negative ones, you can feel negative feelings but your awareness and good will will transmute them into positive ones.
Your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Sadness reminds me of happiness..
Sadness shows me the way to happiness..
Happiness shows me where i want to be..

Sometimes i just laugh at my sadness.. creating happiness out of it..

It was an experience nonetheless.. And if embraced as such.. One can grow..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I can feel what others feel for a while but its a choice. I will not be helpless, i am in control.
The feelings of others will call my help but i am not stuck with them.
They warn me. They help me help.
This is compassion.
You are aware and in control of your feelings. Whats the problem?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You have to be aware of your feelings and act.
Oh my god iam feeling jealous, but why? Its stupid, i should be happy for him. Yup, i am happy for him.
You see?
You bring awareness and clarity to your emotions and you never stick to the negative ones, you can feel negative feelings but your awareness and good will will transmute them into positive ones.
Your thoughts?

yes..I agree we need to look at why we feel jealous of someone.. if we indeed are feeling jealousy..and let go of that very unproductive feeling.

There ares some very sorrowful things that have happened and continue to happen , that not to much can be done about ..by an individual..which I would say is the reason so many carry sadness.. because they can't help the person who is going through very tough times.. and can only offer compassion and empathy .

I myself would never feel jealous of someone being happy, but I would definitely feel contempt and sorrow , if they tried to tell someone that had been through horrible experiences, that it was all meant for their good, and they are learning through it, therefore should be grateful , and choose to be happy about it.

and if someone like this tried to tell me I was jealous of their happiness.. I would likely laugh it off.. and say that I just feel sorrow for their lack of understanding for people who are really suffering in a bad way. People like that just show their ego and self interest over and over again..

edit on 30-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

If you want to believe that you are helpless, at the mercy of emotions, go ahead, i am over it.
Awareness and clarity will wash away every negativity because once you realize what you are feeling and you understand where it comes from, it has fulfilled its goals which is to warn you of something that is wrong in yourself or in the world around you. Then its time to act.

edit on 30-10-2011 by Manula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join