It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me one good reason why we shouldn't be happy for the rest of our lives?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWazoo

Maybe this thread cant be applied to everyone because they are not there yet. But at some point in the evolution, i think everyone is or will able to be positive most of time and stop falling in the up and down game.
I told you i believe in reincarnation and i believe those children will get to a point in future lives that they will be able to be happy and live more productive lives! But i also believe there is some good, some learning to do in very experience.
You don't believe this? Fine. I am ok with that. No hard feelings lol

edit on 29-10-2011 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Reincarnation is a nice belief if one doesn't want to face the worlds problems. It really takes away any responsibility that one might have towards making a better world for someone other than oneself.

But let me ask you this. How come the number of people on the planet is rising? We used to be a couple of hundred thousands, after the last ice age. Now we're 7 billion. Where did all these "souls" come from?
edit on 29-10-2011 by TheGrandWazoo because: substituted 'you' with 'one' to avoid misunderstanding. I'm not going after anyone in particular, i'm trying to provide a different opinion

edit on 29-10-2011 by TheGrandWazoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Where do the souls come from? Some are new born others come from other places/planets/dimensions.
I dont know everything but there is plenty of room for souls!
But reincarnation and karma are concepts that lead to a very responsible attitude, you got it wrong, because the idea is that everything you do, its like you do to you, because it returns to you sooner or later: that's karma!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Correct me if Iam wrong but my understanding is each life you have the chance to become a higher life form, so every living thing has a soul and each life you can become a Higher up life form......so after being a human I wonder what we can become?
A Dolphin?
A Whale?
An Alien :O?

Or did I make it all up?

edit on 29-10-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

So these starving kids have been doing some bad karma stuff in previous lives?
And now some of them will probably steal and cheat to fill their stomachs, and next life for them is gonna suck even more?

This kind of belief is what keeps people in poverty.

Look at India and the caste system they have there..
It has taken them so long to shake off this damaging psychological effects, and it's no where near from over. It's been like this for thousands of years and the only reason it's changing is because of western influence, western influence that gives the people a reason not to believe in reincarnation, only from then on has things been moving forward.

This 'blame-the-victim' strategy is clearly invented by the people in power, to keep power. So according to your beliefs, these people who created the cast system have bad karma and will be reborn as poor laborers, whose function in society is to sit by the road and hammer rocks into pebbles, while other castes spit at them? (Yes this is still going on in rural India).
In this kind of thinking, more people will go down the ladder of karma than up, because poverty makes you do desperate and bad things!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Thats an interesting idea

Anyway, all there is is one being living lots of experiences, in all forms, all faces, all bodies.
Or not

edit on 29-10-2011 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

It would be great to be able to pick what we come back as

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The starving kids in africa are probably young souls that need to be introduced to this hard planet, or maybe they are more mature souls that for some reason need to live what it is to be hungry and dye, whatever is the situation it is supposed to be a useful experience for those souls, its like a school, earth is a school, we are learning here, learning and living, every life, every experience is useful in one way or another, because you can always learn something of value in your life experiences.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

For some reason souls go through poverty, maybe they must learn to be humble, maybe they were rich and arrogant,, they had no compassion for the poor, so in the next life they will be poor to know what it is to be poor and spit on, to be dispised, to not have the compassion of the rich...
Each reincarnation is supposed to teach you something of value and karma is a mechanism that makes you learn from your mistakes, because you will live what you made others live, things like that...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Blame the victims. Holy s*^`. I can't believe your advocating this.
Just be happy and if you see someone who isn't, try to be happy about that too.

Tell that kid his father raped him because god wanted him to have a nice struggle this time around. Then smile to his face. Maybe he would think you were the new messiah!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You are getting anger? Do i have to watch your emotions? Why don't you do that and start acting calm and peaceful? Its your choice.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Exactly. It's my choice. I get pissed if I want to. It feels good in the short run, it makes me justify my actions somewhat. In the long run - yeah i got pissed, that sucked, maybe i'll learn something from it, but no big deal.

But know this I'm not angry with you. I'm pissed at myself for spending so much time debating the undebateable.

Like I said to begin with, it's no use talking to a religious person about problems like this.

I hope someone else reads the thread though and thinks something for themselves.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula

For some reason souls go through poverty, maybe they must learn to be humble, maybe they were rich and arrogant,, they had no compassion for the poor, so in the next life they will be poor to know what it is to be poor and spit on, to be dispised, to not have the compassion of the rich...
Each reincarnation is supposed to teach you something of value and karma is a mechanism that makes you learn from your mistakes, because you will live what you made others live, things like that...

Just butting in here....how is there a lesson through reincarnation if you cannot remember your past life?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Its your soul that is learning... The souls remember everything.
If you knew always what to do, there would be little merit in life, somehow the mystery, not knowing all the rules of the game is part of it, you must follow your will, follow your inner voice, do what you think is right without knowing that its right in advance.
Look, if you guys are curious here is a nice book: Destiny of souls - Michael Newton
Search the concepts of unconscious mind, conscious mind etc
Gotta go to bed
Be well.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Don't worry be happy!

You should be happy for the rest of your lives, life is very short, we all die, do not fear death or let anyone place fear within you.

There is an afterlife... In my opinion.

Life is too short to live in fear, enjoy every possible moment you have while you can.

It could be much shorter for a great many of us.

Be happy!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Happiness and material possesions (or even basic survival needs) do not go hand in hand. Also the concept of Karma has nothing to do with being bad in one life, be reborn as a starving kid in Africa in the next.

Read the list of countries by suicide rate on wikipedia. This is probably the best indicator of which countries are the unhappiest in the world.

Not a single 3rd world country in the top 10. Africa doesn't make to the list until number 20. The top of the list is dominated by 2nd world countries who want to have more. The next largest junk is 1st world countries who have it all but obviously that's not enough.

Having personally travelled to a number of the poorer nations in the world I can assure you that the kids that live in these countries are some of the happiest kids in the world. You never know - maybe these kids were some fat obese white kid in a previous lifetime, did some good and got reincarnated into a life where they would be happy still..... (however like I said karma doesn't work that way but hopefully you get my point).

As to children who are molested, or have abusive parents, I myself have had some things happen to me when I was young which were completely out of my control and which I won't get into here. But having faced up to them and overcome them has, I believe, made me a far better person than if I had never faced them in the first place. I still have the scars (emotional that is) but maybe I'm lucky, for I personally don't feel am not the strongest willed person I know. Don't get me wrong though, if I ever met the perpetrator again I would beat his mother f*%^$#^n head in with a crowbar til his brains ran down the wall
right after I thanked him for helping me become the person I am today.

If you do believe in something higher, be you spiritual or religious or whatever then I see no reason why you wouldn't pick the circumstances of the life you're going to be born into. Whether this is true or not I don't know but having a view point like this can often make some of life's lows more bearable.

edit on 29/10/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Yup, it doesn't surprise me. Those kids have a simple life with friends, parents, they play outside, Africa is warm and beautiful, they don't have the illusions and the objects of craving and greed we have here in the 1st world.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Its simple, don't worry be happy, that's the smartest thing you can do when living the so called "problems" of life.
We just have to act, improve things, help, but why negative? We can do all this in a positive mood, happiness is contagious! So if you are positive, you spread that energy to people around you.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
We should always keep the mind of being happy no matter what happens,whatever situations we are in.When you keep a positive happy mentality, things will eventually work out for the better because good vibrations abound from within you and fills the air around you. The saying "Happy go Lucky" holds true and you have to experience it to believe it.
So try to think and feel happy in your state of mind in whatever situations you are in

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

To be perfectly honest, if not blunt... nothing would make me more miserable in every day life, than to be around someone like you..

Damn... you must be pretty well off in life so that you can just will happiness on yourself, claiming you never get sad or unhappy...

You know the saying, walk a mile in another man's shoes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join