It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me one good reason why we shouldn't be happy for the rest of our lives?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

What iam saying is that we can always be feeling good, one day less, other more, but always good.
Its and emotion and its ours, we control them!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

But you have been sad and miserable many times, then happy and euphoric, then sad again, then happy, over and over again, its a wheel, its duality, but it can end, to overcome the duality of the dark/light game its when you get fed up of darkness and stay on the light. Thats unconditional love for life. Thats when this game ends.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

The human experience often includes circumstances that are beyond our control that cause us to not be happy (death in the family, etc.) Aside from that, I belive [for myself] that much of happiness is choice. I am a fairly happy individual. I don't fret about the small stuff, and I frequently ask myself "how are you going to feel about this event six months from now?" Most often, the answer is: I probably won't care.

I like being happy. I like feeling satisified and fulfilled, and one thing for certain that I've figured out in my 53 years is that regardless of what is going on or who is doing what to whom, in the final analysis, it is MY responsibility. If I don't like what is going on, it is my responsibility to change it. There may be others that have contributed to the situation, and even others that are somehow more to blame, but focusing on them does little to alter the situation. It's me. My choices.

So, for the most part, regardless of whatever apocalypse I think might be on the cusp of descending upon me and mine, I choose to be happy. I like to work, and I like to sweat. I like to enjoy fulfillment of an accomplishment, and I love the sense of wonder. I hope I never loose that.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Oh noes it sounds like Bi-polar ;D
Light side and a dark side I try to follow the path inbetween, we are humans, there is no such thing as pure good nor pure evil, we are a mix

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
We don't feed them, we must help them feed themselves. that's the secret, to teach them to be be independent in terms of positive energy, be creators of positive energy, not hungry receivers.
Why not? Whats wrong with being happy, stop being "hungry", and help others stop feeling "hungry"?

Please tell this to the starving kids in africa, i'm sure they will feel more happy, when you've convinced them that their hunger is their own damn fault, and that they can just stop feeling hungry if they wish.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

But the light/dark game has and end one day, duality is to be transcended, you play it for a while, you meet the darkness, but your home is light, one day you will return.
Maybe my time is coming because i cant play this up and down game anymore.
I can only be happy, cant be sad anymore, its enough of this duality game, im over it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

What iam saying is that we can always be feeling good, one day less, other more, but always good.
Its and emotion and its ours, we control them!
You may be in control of your emotions to a certain extent but it's impossible to make yourself feel happy 100% of the time. For every positive emotion there is an equal negative emotion. The wise man has experienced a wide range of emotions, the ignorant man has experienced only a small spectrum of emotions. It's the same thing as living in a developed western country, in a good home, with a good family that loves and cares for you, without ever contemplating the people who live in extreme poverty on the other side of the world, with barely any food or shelter. It could be termed "selective living"; where you ignore or deny any experience which you don't like.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWazoo

Life is a path, maybe i died of hunger also in others lives but then other lives came, i made my path, i feel like being happy, ending this duality game, the dark/light game, transcend it, that's the challenge i wrote about, maybe some people are not there yet, but they will in their right time.
I wish those souls the best. Maybe a life of hunger has some valuable lesson in it, I trust that all life experiences have some good in it.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I think i had my fair share of darkness/light/darkness/light/darkness/light over and over again.
I wrote about emotional freedom, to watch and control your emotions, to be in a positive energy mode, to be a positive pole, to be a creator of positive energy. You think that's impossible? I respect that, but iam not with you on that.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Life is a path, maybe i died of hunger also in others lives but then other lives came, i made my path, i feel like being happy, ending this duality game, the dark/light game, transcend it, that's the challenge i wrote about, maybe some people are not there yet, but they will in their right time.
I wish those souls the best. Maybe a life of hunger has some valuable lesson in it, I trust that all life experiences have some good in it.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Manula because: (no reason given)

Yeah ok, i should have figured out before that you were religious.
No use in debating with religious people, sorry, too much ego to hack through.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

When I see a shooting star I only wish one thing.
I wish that I was happy.
In order for this to happen, all that I love must be happy along with all that they love, all the way up to infinity.
It would be a never ending cycle.
Here is the reason why, some folks just are not wired right and actually feel greed or joy in others pain.
In order for some to be happy, others must be sad.
To each his own?
I dunno but why not try anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I wrote about emotional freedom, to watch and control your emotions, to be in a positive energy mode, to be a positive pole, to be a creator of positive energy. You think that's impossible?
I think it's possible for one to be happy much more often than one is sad...but it is impossible to be happy 100% of the time.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Be happy man lolol get over it, why not talk with someone that believe in reincarnation, karma, the afterlife etc?
We are too intelligent for you? There is evidences of this google it: reincarnation proof james

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I believe in variations but always in a good vibe mode, an happy mode.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

No use in debating with religious people
I don't agree with that. I'm not religious but some of the best debates are about religion. Assuming the OP is religious, then the OP must believe in Hell...and Hell is a place literally created for pain and sadness. If you can't die again in Hell, and you're able to make yourself feel happy most of the time...then what is the point? You could have a party in Hell if you wanted to. Just because it's supposed to be a sad place full of hellfire, that's no reason we can't be happy right? So yes, I agree with the OP on the point of controlling emotions, just not 100% of the time.
edit on 29-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Hell is a really bad feeling, we all had our fair share of hell.
I don't believe in the eternal fire of the catholic church, that's a sadistic lie to control people by fear IMHO.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
there is only one good reason and that is that when we are unhappy it enables us to see the reasons why and then find a way to transcend those reason. As you begin the path to transcend you realize you are surrounded in a marshland of ignorance and emotional turmoil. Your emotions will have difficulty dealing with this, and that which you thought you had under control will engulf you. If you take that as a failure you will never get up on your feet for a long time. The only way to continue is to firmly know "that which happens weather its physical,emotional,mental or even consciousness is not you" this is easier to say than do. But the way to see it is "what else are you going to do" best wishes and don't get stuck along the way.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Being happy 100% of the time is either either naivety, or pathology.

You either lack the ability to empathize properly, else haven't experienced too much trauma in your life.

Most everyone else is traumatized to one extent or another, and feels negative emotions.

They don't only cause suffering, they usually lead to strength and growth.

There's no high creativity without suffering, and release. The act of creation is the release.

Guess there's the possibility that you perfectly flow through the suffering with release, naturally.

I doubt that.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

No use in debating with religious people
I don't agree with that. I'm not religious but some of the best debates are about religion. Assuming the OP is religious, then the OP must believe in Hell...and Hell is a place literally created for pain and sadness. If you can't die again in Hell, and you're able to make yourself feel happy most of the time...then what is the point? You could have a party in Hell if you wanted to. Just because it's supposed to be a sad place full of hellfire, that's no reason we can't be happy right? So yes, I agree with the OP on the point of controlling emotions, just not 100% of the time.
edit on 29-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling

I meant that, there no use trying to convince this guy that people in africa are starving and they don't like it, it's not their own fault, and they're not happy about it.
Or tell someone who's been molested as a child and has severe mental damages and complexes to just decide to feel happy.

There's a ton of stuff for which I have no explanation and a religious view is just as good as a pragmatic view. But not this one.

And I believe you can be religious without believing in hell. Being religious is just that - unwavering faith in some ideals. It's hard to debate someone who's based their identity on their faith, because they will go defensive in 2 secs.

I realize it's a matter of opinion, but if you give me a good enough reason, i'll change my mind. Religious people can't change their mind - they have to change their lives, too

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

You can go through life without feeling bad, of course there will be times of testing, there will be emotional moments but you don't have to go down to the sad/suffering mode, you can keep calm, aware, confident, happy to be living the moment you are living.
Why don't you try it? Its possible maybe not 100% of the time but that is not important, what is important is that you are aware and in control of your feelings, and you keep them with consistency in the positive mode, even with some ups and downs but that is ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join