Challenge to Believers - Decipher the Symbols in the Bible for New Eyes to See

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Not too long ago, I realized that the rituals and symbols in the Bible are actually allusions to what they really represent. My challenge is simple. There are many believers here with broad perspectives and backgrounds. I will list out as many symbols and rituals that I can think of in this post. After this, follow my lead and add elements I missed or find missing symbols to translate in improved ways. Back your references up with scripture when necessary. There is no reason to debate here. Either agree or disagree with a better argument. Work together.

The following list represent my mental glossary for reading the Words of God:

Baptism - Immersion into the material world.

Lord's Supper - The theological masterpiece of the bread and the cup. The bread is Christ's body which was offered up to God for our sin. The cup is the message of forgiveness. Again, Christ's work to free us stands as the sacrifice of His body for the body of believers given to God as acceptable for inclusion into the kingdom of God. We are brought into God's family in the universe. The bread is an allusion to bread of shame. We have nothing to offer God in our state of fallen nature. God provides our reality and the very bread of life we possess. We do nothing for God in return. This causes bread of shame. The cup we offer back to God is love for His Son and the love we express to others by following the example of Christ. The cup is the life we live to remove bread of shame. Faith produces works acceptable to God. The fruit of the spirit produces new possibilities only from love.

Born Again - The process the soul takes to experience the Kingdoms of God

Water - Energy projected into form for life. Solar cycle. Blood of the body.

Spirit rebirth - Gaining union with God's spirit in love. The next step from life in the material water of reality.

Temple - The human mind where the spirit of God resides. Mind is what is developed from the resource of consciousness (Spirit).

Veil - The veil over consciousness to separate God from our awareness. Keeps us from living by fact instead of faith.

Circumcision - Cutting away of pride and the animal nature from learning the difference between good and evil; love and hatred. Creating a different type of desire based on awareness of God's law of love against the potential for evil.

Creation - Energy, Time, Matter and Space. Genesis 1:1 In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy). Taking nothing to something from infinity.

Father - Light - Energy and Wave

Son - Word - LOGOS - Governing wave of creation. Light is a duality of both particle and wave creating all the form of substance around us. Ultimately expressed in the form of the Living Word of God in material reality. Jesus came to show us the way as the Son of God on earth. The Son created reality and is the second person of the one Godhead.

Holy Spirit - Consciousness perfected

Spirit - Conscious in one state or another

Soul - The housing of consciousness animating the body. A vessel of consciousness.

Image - Energy projected into the third dimension of time, space and matter. Genesis 1:27

Body - Bio-mechanical suit worn to sense reality.

Holy - Ability to love over pride

Salvation - Raised consciousness into spirit consciousness - The soul moves to a new body in spirit instead of material.

Sacrifice - Giving up a treasure or advantage for the greater good of the many.

Witness - Observation for learning. Demonstration for lessons in wisdom.

Justice - Preserving equity for the many and ensuring that the few cannot take advantage of the many.

Kingdom of God - The Multiverse

Infinity - All that is or can be. God encompasses infinity and is at rest when not creating. Creation is in movement when God is at rest. When God creates, the universe is at rest.

Jubilee - Traditionally, a time when all debts are forgiven at the end of seven years.

One Day to God - 1000 years

One week to God - 7000 years

Age - 2000 years

Prophecy - Foreknowledge of the fourth dimension as viewed from dimensions above.

Refiner's Fire - The development of sentience and artificial consciousness by trails and tribulations.

Tree of Life - DNA - The ability to sequence and refine life into form and function.

Tree of Knowledge - Inquiry and discovery of science by means of logic and reason.

Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge - Technology

Fruit of the Tree of Life - Movement of consciousness from one vehicle to another. The ability to build a vehicle for the soul.

Flaming Sword that Protects the Tree of Life - God's consuming fire that cuts away pride. The tree of life is protected until man learns to love others completely and do no harm from his works.

Works - Collapsing the indeterminate wave of infinity. Selecting a possibility from infinity and collapsing it into the fourth dimension to produce changed states in matter and consciousness.

Israel - Being chosen by God for faith to salvation. Raising toward love for God and others. Trials by the refiner's fire. Progression through the wilderness. Being brought to the promised land.

Egypt - Slavery on Earth for the purpose of work toward learning and the development of sentience according to the law of love.

Exodus - Transposing from material reality to spirit and back again. Development of new areas of the kingdom.

Law - Guardian of man while in the refiners fire. Ultimately, the only law is love. Love is absolute in protection of the kingdom of God. See Galatians 3, end of chapter.

This is how I read the Bible when working my way through various books. I may be incorrect in some areas and dead on in others. You decide. Feel free to add more from your own insight.

Fallen - losing a former estate with God from pride.

Slavery - Working off debt to God for the ultimate purpose of gaining a holy consciousness.

Wilderness - Material world where we learn to love others by experience and harsh lessons.

Raised to new Life - Finding love and gaining a new vehicle for the soul.

Gifts - Abilities for the consciousness. Here on earth, we can move and think. We can create from Space, time, energy and matter. From movement and thought, we can create abilities from the resources around us. Music and art are two examples of universal realities that can be used for the development of gifts. There are many others.

Satan - Darkness - That which has no value to the light. The properties of energy which hinders the light from accomplishing its potential. Collapsing the indeterminate wave of infinity must have the potential for darkness or there would be no free will or choice possible. To have something form nothing, there must be choice. Evil is an outcome that must exist until all darkness is removed and only light is left. Light is perfected and enjoyed beyond this point. Darkness is eventually separated completely.

Hell - God separates the light from the darkness. We choose our location by the life we live. Either we move with the darkness away form God or we move with the light toward God. Choices reflect our ultimate destination.

FAITH - Finding God apart from fact.

HOPE - A hope that God can accomplish what He says. Ultimately, our hope is in the illusion of death and the reality of eternal life in God's kingdom of infinite possibility.

LOVE - The point of life. Love is defined in 1 Corinthians 13. No higher truth exists.

edit on 29-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
you have an interesting thread here...I can't do much right now, but I look forward to putting my two cents worth in here. Thank you

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Baptism is an act of immersion into the Christian faith and family or community of believers, also, if it is a child that is baptized, it is the responsibility of the parents, godparents and community to teach that child about God.
It has nothing to do with coming into the material world.

Mark 1:1-12

Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 THE BEGINNING [of the facts] of the good news (the Gospel) of Jesus Christ, [a]the Son of God.

2 Just as it is written in the prophet Isaiah: Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, who will make ready Your way--

3 A voice of one crying in the wilderness [shouting in the desert], Prepare the way of the Lord, make His beaten tracks straight (level and passable)!

4 John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness (desert), preaching a baptism [obligating] repentance (a change of one's mind for the better, heartily amending one's ways, with abhorrence of his past sins) in order to obtain forgiveness of and release from sins.

5 And there kept going out to him [continuously] all the country of Judea and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and they were baptized by him in the river Jordan, as they were confessing their sins.

6 And John wore clothing woven of camel's hair and had a leather girdle around his loins and ate locusts and wild honey.

7 And he preached, saying, After me comes He Who is stronger (more powerful and more valiant) than I, the strap of Whose sandals I am not worthy or fit to stoop down and unloose.

8 I have baptized you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.

9 In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.

10 And when He came up out of the water, at once he [John] saw the heavens torn open and the [Holy] Spirit like a dove coming down [to enter] into Him.

11 And there came a voice out from within heaven, You are My Beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.

12 Immediately the [Holy] Spirit [from within] drove Him out into the wilderness (desert)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Baptism is an act of immersion into the Christian faith and family or community of believers, also, if it is a child that is baptized, it is the responsibility of the parents, godparents and community to teach that child about God.
It has nothing to do with coming into the material world.

You are correct. We also realize that baptism cannot was sins away. It is a symbol for the process we took to find salvation. It represents the cleansing of redemption by repentance. We have been born into this world for that very purpose. As I said, we are immersed into the water (John 3). John 3 is specifically the point where Christ speaks to Nicodemus about baptism and rebirth. Connect the dots.

We also know that the temple of God is the body. The Bible NT reveals this. If the temple in Israel is the picture of the body and God's spirit in the body, we can see another direct symbol that was pictured by Israel but intended to point to what it represents. Circumcision is yet another of these symbols. There is a pattern.

Check my article on the Physics of God. Watch the videos.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

To say we have nothing to offer God is not so. We have our love to offer Him, in believing in His Word, Jesus Christ. Every time one person gives his or her life over to Christ there is celebration in Heaven.
Holy communion, the Eucharist, breaking bread and drinking of the wine is all an affirmation of believing in Jesus Christ and also the act of having asked for the forgiveness of all of ones personal sins. It also represents those that take part and say that we belong to God and commune with Him.

Matthew 26:26-30

Amplified Bible (AMP)

26 Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread and, praising God, gave thanks and asked Him to bless it to their use, and when He had broken it, He gave it to the disciples and said, Take, eat; this is My body.

27 And He took a cup, and when He had given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, Drink of it, all of you;

28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which [ratifies the agreement and] is being poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

29 I say to you, I shall not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it with you new and [of superior quality in My Father's kingdom.

30 And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

1 Corinthians 10:14-20

Amplified Bible (AMP)

14 Therefore, my dearly beloved, shun (keep clear away from, avoid by flight if need be) any sort of idolatry (of loving or venerating anything more than God).

15 I am speaking as to intelligent (sensible) men. Think over and make up your minds [for yourselves] about what I say. [I appeal to your reason and your discernment in these matters.]

16 The cup of blessing [of wine at the Lord's Supper] upon which we ask [God's] blessing, does it not mean [that in drinking it] we participate in and share a fellowship (a communion) in the blood of Christ (the Messiah)? The bread which we break, does it not mean [that in eating it] we participate in and share a fellowship (a communion) in the body of Christ?

17 For we [no matter how] numerous we are, are one body, because we all partake of the one Bread [the One Whom the communion bread represents].

18 Consider those [physically] people of Israel. Are not those who eat the sacrifices partners of the altar [united in their worship of the same God]?

19 What do I imply then? That food offered to idols is [intrinsically changed by the fact and amounts to] anything or that an idol itself is a [living] thing?

20 No, I am suggesting that what the pagans sacrifice they offer [in effect] to demons (to evil spiritual powers) and not to God [at all]. I do not want you to fellowship and be partners with diabolical spirits [by eating at their feasts].

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Jesus Christ is the new covenant between man and God. Circumcision was the sign and part of the covenant for the old testament Jews between them and God.

Let me just say that, I was expecting a totally different response from you. I thought you might be just throwing out something to bait someone. But it looks like your sincere so far. S&F for starting this thread.
edit on 29-10-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

To be born again in the Christian sense is to have the Holy Spirit live within you, it is to accept Jesus into your heart and become a new person in Christ.

John 3: 1-6

Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 NOW THERE was a certain man among the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler (a leader, an authority) among the Jews,

2 Who came to Jesus at night and said to Him, Rabbi, we know and are certain that You have come from God [as] a Teacher; for no one can do these signs (these wonderworks, these miracles--and produce the proofs) that You do unless God is with him.

3 Jesus answered him, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that unless a person is born again (anew, from above), he cannot ever see (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus said to Him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter his mother's womb again and be born?

5 Jesus answered, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, unless a man is born of water and [even] the Spirit, he cannot [ever] enter the kingdom of God.

6 What is born of [from] the flesh is flesh [of the physical is physical]; and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What if you are all wrong though?

2nd...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Great Post

I didn't read all of your post, because I don't have time at the moment, but in a nutshell this is true. If we were to read it without literal restraints, we can obtain a higher, encoded message of the bible. Ezekiel and Genesis are very interesting, and its is where beginners should start. They both contain very fascinating, Above Top Secret-ish themes.

Another side note, having a strong concordance bible dictionary is vital, because you get to see the true meaning of certain concepts for example
Adam not being the first human being but the 'reformed' after some major catastrophe that catapulted man into a his lowest state of being. Adam literally means, reformed, low, red.
With this little tidbit of info, one walks away with a completely different understanding and this was done on purpose.
In ancient times they say, "it separates the fowl from the fish".

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

To say we have nothing to offer God is not so. We have our love to offer Him, in believing in His Word, Jesus Christ. Every time one person gives his or her life over to Christ there is celebration in Heaven.
Holy communion, the Eucharist, breaking bread and drinking of the wine is all an affirmation of believing in Jesus Christ and also the act of having asked for the forgiveness of all of ones personal sins. It also represents those that take part and say that we belong to God and commune with Him.

I was referring to us in our previous estate before the material world. Bread of Shame is a Hebrew tradition.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Jesus Christ is the new covenant between man and God. Circumcision was the sign and part of the covenant for the old testament Jews between them and God.

Let me just say that, I was expecting a totally different response from you. I thought you might be just throwing out something to bait someone. But it looks like your sincere so far. S&F for starting this thread.
edit on 29-10-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

Thank you. Here is a verse to consider.

Jeremiah 4:3-4 - "For thus says the Lord to the men of Judah and to Jerusalem, "Break up your fallow ground, and do not sow among thorns. Circumcise yourselves to the Lord and remove the foreskins of your heart, Men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, or else My wrath will go forth like fire and burn with none to quench it, because of the evil of your deeds."

Galatians 5:6 "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."

You are correct and I agree. But still, circumcision is a cutting away of our sin nature and pride. Love is the ultimate fulfillment of this removal of pride. All of reality was created for the process of refining our hearts.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

To be born again in the Christian sense is to have the Holy Spirit live within you, it is to accept Jesus into your heart and become a new person in Christ.

True. The sun and moon gain union for life on earth. God provides this as love bestowed on us. Male and female gain union in love and produce offspring. Sperm and egg gain union to form new life. The new life is nurtured in the womb. After birth, the parents love and nurture the child. The child develops in the womb of the garden. The earth is the next womb and the body is a type of placenta. Is this the final union? No.

John 3 outlines the union of the spirit and soul when a person finds love for God. The water baptism is into the water of the material world from the womb. The next union takes place when we find love for God. From this union, the tree of life is used to bear fruit in the next realm of existence.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Baptism water - external cleansing ritual

Olive Oil - sacred oil God uses to consecrate with.

Baptism fire/spirit - internal cleansing phenomena

Lords Supper - What Jesus provides to us.

Born Again - the knowing that the mind of the Messiah is within you.

Water - that which sustains physical life

living water - the bubbling stream within that sustains the spirit

Spirit Rebirth - awakening to knowing things of the spirit

Temple - our body

Veil - that which conceals

Circumcision - rendering of the heart through emotional pain.

Creation - something in motion; vibration

Father - Abba

Holy Spirit - teacher of truth and that which comforts

Soul - God given breath.

Image - alike

Body - temporal vessel

Holy - sacred

Salvation - preserved from perrishing

Witness - one who knows God intimately and can share

Justice - to make things right

Kingdom of God - God's family

Infinity - neverending

Jubilee - 50 year celebration

One Day - 1000 years

One Week - 7000 years

Age - a period of time

Prophecy - that given by God, through the Spirit to show something most often from the future

Refiners Fire - the things we go through in life (trials and tribulation) so that we are like a weapon used for God's purpose.

Tree of Life - gives life

Tree of Knowledge - gives knowledge

Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge - that which we produce from given knowledge

Flaming Sword that Protects the Tree of Life - is same as the covenant of passing between the pieces

Works - the effort we put into our relationship with God

Israel - Jacob's new name

Egypt - bondage

Exodus - going out

Law - 613

Fallen - pride

Slavery - bondage

Wilderness - lonliness of life, that which does not sustain life

Raised to new Life resurrected

Gifts - things God gives to his children to bring him Glory and advance his kingdom

Satan - adversary

Hell - lack of understaning of the fire of God, therefore being offended at the internal process

Faith - belief

knowing - intimacy

Hope - having a longing

Love - the highest truth

foot washing - where the fire baptism starts

the power of the cross - the culminating act of the baptism of fire and spirit

above - the mind

below - the womb

miracles - the opening of our five senses

signs - something that points to the truth

miraculous sign - internal phenomena

wonder - trying to figure out just how the heck it happened
edit on 29-10-2011 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

I was referring to us in our previous estate before the material world. Bread of Shame is a Hebrew tradition.

I don't understand what you mean by, "previous estate before the material world" could you please elaborate?

As for the "bread of shame" I understand it, if you didn't work or toil for it than what you receive is the bread of shame. This tradition or belief was for the Jews, but can still apply today but in a secular world of thinking.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

I don't understand what you mean by, "previous estate before the material world" could you please elaborate?

As for the "bread of shame" I understand it, if you didn't work or toil for it than what you receive is the bread of shame. This tradition or belief was for the Jews, but can still apply today but in a secular world of thinking.

Jesus said that "You must be born again." I cannot lead you down the same road I traveled to see the significance in this verse, but my own search indicates that our mind is the temple of God and we are under a veil to keep us from seeing our former estate with Him. We were predestined to be here. There is great purpose in coming to the earth of fallen beings to live, learn, love and witness to others by our actions. It is yet another mystery we are not yet completely understanding. Jesus tore the veil of the temple when he was crucified. We can see past it somewhat. When He returns, faith becomes fact and the veil is lifted. What will we find?

1 Peter 1:2
who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

Romans 8:29
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

Romans 8:30
And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Ephesians 1:5
he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—

Ephesians 1:11
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

edit on 30-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The veil or curtain in the temple was a symbol to justify Christ death and resurrection and what it would bring. The old covenant is made new through Jesus Christ, He is the new covenant between man and God. So in essence the veil has been removed and through Christ all can be revealed by having an unyielding faith in Him. I believe we were predestined to be chosen by God. But as for being predestined to be here I'm not sure of. We all have freedom to choose, there are many roads, but only one that is very narrow, and that one being the road to the Lord. Faith in Jesus is fact for those that accepts Him, the Holy Spirit enters within us, we are now made new, for we see through God's eyes. For some it is a gradual growth, and for some it is an instant transformation. We begin to see the world around us in a totally different way, we are now aware of our spirituality. We become aware of what comes out of our mouths, we see evil like we never did before, we gain an understanding that we never aware of previously. And the one thing that many of us did not have that we start to realize is empathy. And that alone is one of the greatest gifts that we can be blessed with.
In a nut shell, we gain God's wisdom over time, and we learn it right to the day we die.
Also, I find that quoting only one verse is not enough to understand the context of the whole. It's like reading only one sentence out of a novel and thinking we got the whole meaning.

1 Corinthians 6:15-20

Amplified Bible (AMP)

15 Do you not see and know that your bodies are members (bodily parts) of Christ (the Messiah)? Am I therefore to take the parts of Christ and make [them] parts of a prostitute? Never! Never!

16 Or do you not know and realize that when a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her? The two, it is written, shall become one flesh.

17 But the person who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him.

18 Shun immorality and all sexual looseness [flee from impurity in thought, word, or deed]. Any other sin which a man commits is one outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.

19 Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own,

20 You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, [made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body.

2 Corinthians 3:10-18

Amplified Bible (AMP)

10 Indeed, in view of this fact, what once had splendor [[a]the glory of the Law in the face of Moses] has come to have no splendor at all, because of the overwhelming glory that exceeds and excels it [the glory of the Gospel in the face of Jesus Christ].

11 For if that which was but passing and fading away came with splendor, how much more must that which remains and is permanent abide in glory and splendor!

12 Since we have such [glorious] hope (such joyful and confident expectation), we speak very freely and openly and fearlessly.

13 Nor [do we act] like Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the Israelites might not gaze upon the finish of the vanishing [splendor which had been upon it].

14 In fact, their minds were grown hard and calloused [they had become dull and had lost the power of understanding]; for until this present day, when the Old Testament (the old covenant) is being read, that same veil still lies [on their hearts], not being lifted [to reveal] that in Christ it is made void and done away.

15 Yes, down to this [very] day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies upon their minds and hearts.

16 But whenever a person turns [in repentance] to the Lord, the veil is stripped off and taken away.

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom).

18 And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Excellent post. There is never just one view on scripture. It is holographic. There are many layers to the onion. I can reflect one and then someone like you comes along and perceives a different glimmer of the same truth with added insight. I liked how you progressed. That was a great post. Here is another quote from the Midrash Tanhum that comes to mind. We will have trouble putting what we see within our spirit into words. Even now, we each have a perspective.

“Future bliss can neither be imagined, explained, nor described. We know nothing of its nature, form, greatness, or beauty, its quantity or quality. This much one should know, the phrase, "the world to come," does not imply that it is a world yet to be called into existence; it exists already, but the phrase is employed to describe the life into which those who are in the present stage of existence will be transposed when they throw off this mortal coil.”

top topics

join