It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Defense

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Quite simply, what home defense weapon/s do you have to protect your house that isnt a Firearm?

My Home Defense List goes something like this:

Bear Mace
GB SF Axe
ESEE Lite Machete
Lynx Magnum 150lb Crossbow Pistol
and Fists of Fury!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
my home invasion kit trumps your home defence kit. i have a crow bar, a shotgun, tie wraps, duct tape, wire cutters, a police scanner, a pistol, gloves and a ski mask.

actually i don't have a home invasion kit, but a professional burglar might. i suggest reinforcing your doors, getting a combat semi auto shotgun with a flash light attachment and start blasting away, unless you want to be duct taped to a chair while someone ransacks your house and or/violates your wife.

edit on 29-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

I have 5 Vicious dogs that sleep in the living room close to the front door.
That's enough.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I would have had a tactical Glock 22 G4, a 12 ga Mossberg w/ Knox stock, a S&W M&P 15 with Corbon Hollowpoints and EoTEch 512 Holo site if they had not been lost in a tragic boating accident!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
That isn't a firearm? Swords, daggers, and knives. And a 50lb dog.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Mmmmmhm agreed there!
The best first line household defense is the one that thinks the world revolves around you!
They can smell trouble a mile away, literally.
After they alert Momma or Daddy, it's on.
Then from there I need do is ziptie em and take em to the pig pen!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I would like to tell you about my home defense system, but it will ruin the surprise.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Damn the luck!!!
I think I was there on that boat!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
I would have had a tactical Glock 22 G4, a 12 ga Mossberg w/ Knox stock, a S&W M&P 15 with Corbon Hollowpoints and EoTEch 512 Holo site if they had not been lost in a tragic boating accident!

Where at? I think I might go get myself some slightly water damaged guns.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I have a tempermental bear(or maybe he is a yeti) and an anti-social italian for roommates, I think that will cover all my bases. That being said I also have a collapsable baton, several nice knives, and if worse comes to worse I have a table leg left over from my old living room table which is hefty enough to crush some skulls.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

I have 5 Vicious dogs that sleep in the living room close to the front door.
That's enough.

Yeah that sounds pretty complete to me, I'ts a shame I live in a no pets house otherwise id have a mastiff x rhodesian

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
my home invasion kit trumps your home defence kit. i have a crow bar, a shotgun, tie wraps, duct tape, wire cutters, a police scanner, a pistol, gloves and a ski mask.

actually i don't have a home invasion kit, but a professional burglar might. i suggest reinforcing your doors, getting a combat semi auto shotgun with a flash light attachment and start blasting away, unless you want to be duct taped to a chair while someone ransacks your house and or/violates your wife.

edit on 29-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Well I happen to live in the UK so getting a combat semi auto shotgun with a flash attachment will be very hard to acquire, expensive and hugely illegal so I'll settle for my Crossbow Pistol and ESEE Machete.

What if you lived in UK?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I have 3 wild hellbeasts who operate on a hair trigger and bark at the slightest sound. That's my alarm system.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I was thinking yesterday that having at least two dogs, male and female, might be a good idea, so that you can produce more in case ones get killed or injured......

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I have a 115 lb Rhodesian Ridgeback. He sleeps either in the living room on the sofa or on the bed with me and switches between the two during the night.. His job is to wake me up and keep an intruder busy until I can get there with my Glock 22. Don't believe in non-firearm home defense.

ps

That's Model 22, not .22 caliber. It's .40 caliber and loaded with 180 gr Speer Gold Dot JHP ammo.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

Granted a Rhodesian is brilliant for home defense as a wake up call and deterrent but your missing my point, I live in the UK so am unable to get a Firearm as of yet so what if for some reason you are unable to get to your firearm or it is at the gunsmiths getting repaired etc. Whats your back up going to be? (not another firearm
)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

My homed defense it a up of tea and a cake..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Well, the honest answer to your question is another firearm, I have several. When I was younger I had a WWI Lee Enfield bayonet that I'm pretty sure would have messed someone up. A baseball bat is also a formidable weapon in the right hands. Machetes are used to kill thousands around the world yearly. I live in south florida and practically everyone has a machete in a closet or shed. Many of those people also have guns. Someone else mentioned a crossbow and that at least gives you some standoff range, don't know if it's legal for you. You might also check your laws. By law I can assume an intruder in the house means me harm and I can defend myself against that threat even though the intruder makes no overt threat. In other words I can shoot on sight. Florida is rare in that regard even in the US. As a practical matter I won't do it anyway. I would much rather an intruder flees or leaves in handcuffs than ends up dead on the floor. As I understand it UK law does not allow you to defend property and requires you to retreat from a threat if at all possible. Caving someone's skull in in your living room migh send you to prison instead of him.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This should make you sleep better. Also it is good to have a solar pannel batery recharger, justn case you will not have electricity in the future. Living in Europe, I am just happy with crossbow

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

in the UK? well, get a better crossbow hehe. Pistol is likely to have 80 or even 50 LB. Get something around 120, you will not be attached by rabbits if something happens!
) I also made something else : see this (do not know how is called in English)

The blade has 30 cm , and its been attached to a metal bar of 1 meter. Just one of the many things you can do .
edit on 30-10-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)
Just edited to add - Crossbow are legal in the UK , no permit needed. In othger European countries, you might have to tell the police you have one, however you are allowed to have it . in Romania it goes on the "non-lethal" category, so it is fine if you tell the police you have one..or two or three haha. O, in some countries you are not allowed to have more than 100 arrows
edit on 30-10-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join