It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scrap unfair dismissal. Downing Street report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Should we just bend over now?

If the Tories and their Lib Lap Dogs really intend to go through with this I see troubled times ahead.

www.newstatesman.com...

The UK workers rights are being removed daily seemingly in response to the excesses of bankers and multi-nationals. They play we pay.

2 years probationary period before being regarded as a permanent employee. No Right to appeal an unfair dismissal.

Where are the Labour party, oh their leader does not believe in industrial action so probably agree after all the banks, multi nationals pay their wages as well.

So who talks for us?

How does no job security mean better workers? I'll tell you. You will have to watch your step and be compliant to every excess and unreasonable demand of your employer or face unemployment.

Democracy, yeah right.
edit on 29-10-2011 by colin42 because: Spelling

edit on 29-10-2011 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

But you will be told by the employer that you have a duty of care towards your fellow workers and to report any workplace bullying or safety issues - directly to management of course, NOT to the union.

Then you will identify yourself as being a potential troublemaker - someone who is not afraid to speak up. Someone who is not a hypocrite. Someone who may possess intelligence. Then the screws will begin to come down on you and you will have no avenue of complaint, not even from your fellow workers, the majority who may be escapees from the developing world where workplace injustice is par for the course.

The day that workers changed from being classified as "Personnel" to "Human Resources" was a big bold sign of danger, although a truthful statement of how the vested interests saw their labour force in reality.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
hi op

bollox to that
im not bending over for no bugger
im with a bank that said to me in a letter
isufficiant activity your account has now been limited to a basic **** ******

i bet if i was oprah i wouldnt recieve that kind of letter

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Grrrr this makes me mad...whats stopping employers just getting rid of people after 18 months for no reason just to make sure no one can take them to court after 2 years.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if unfair dismissals have risen so much why no one is asking why the bosses are acting unfairly?

Seems the only answer is to punish those that find themselves being treated this way and clear a path to continue and increase unfair treatment un fettered.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

edit on 29-10-2011 by Tindalos2013 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join