It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9-11-11: Asteroid YU55 May Hit the Moon! - How would this affect Earth if happens??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

"Oct 29, 2011- Richard Hoagland, last night that YU-55 would likely HIT the MOON on NOV 9, 2011."

NASA site
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

YU-55 approach movie
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Hoadland's page
www.enterprisemission.com...

even if it was going to hit, wouldnt the government direct NASA and JPL to do everything possible to PREVENT panic?

and now theres the nationwide EAS broadcast, and now the PACIFIC tsunami drill too...

edit on 29-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Was actually thinking about that myself the last few days. I would think it would have to be much larger to knock it off its axis. That would affect earth greatly. There is a thread around, about earth without a moon, started the other day, maybe by Dalke if i recall.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Who do you believe, NASA or this Richard C. Hoagland fellow?

Richard Charles Hoagland, (born April 25, 1945) is an American author and a proponent of various conspiracy theories about NASA, lost alien civilizations on the Moon and on Mars and other related topics.

Hoagland has been described by James Oberg of The Space Review and Phil Plait of Bad Astronomy as a conspiracy theorist and fringe thinker.

I'm going with NASA.

edit on 29-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
More of this stuff..
the amusing thing is that generally the Elenin crowd tend to be the ones latching onto YU-55 doomsday scenarios .. I've even seen threads claiming Elenin was a false flag for YU-55..

This falls into the same line as another thread posted today concerning all the doomsday prophecies and I posted a link to A Brief History of the Apocalypse which has a history of all the failed doomsday predictions dating back to 2800BC up to now, and beyond.. I don't get the obsession with "the end" .. it's been predicted so many times, even asteroid collision predictions are included ..

Will the world end? Yes... but it could be today, it could be a thousand years from now.. nobody is going to really know, and when it does happen nobody will be stopping it .. I suspect November will come and pass like it has so many times before and YU-55 will be the next Elenin .. after YU-55, stay tuned because soon on ATS you will absolutely without a doubt find yet another asteroid prediction and conspiracy.. not only that but you will still find Elenin being mentioned for a long time to come.. that is a prediction I'm comfortable making..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'm going with NASA.

^ really, NASA? why have they been taken over, and forced to sign NON DISCLOSURE docs, with DHS Homeland Security which is now FEMA?:

NASA is now virtually an annex of Homeland Security/FEMA:

www.findthatfile.com...

edit on 29-10-2011 by ignant because: LINK

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It's said that in life the only things that are certain are death and taxes, but I say .. Death, Taxes, Doomsday predictions and those who believe in Niburu should all be included in that saying around here

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Was actually thinking about that myself the last few days. I would think it would have to be much larger to knock it off its axis. That would affect earth greatly. There is a thread around, about earth without a moon, started the other day, maybe by Dalke if i recall.

good to see, someone that actually answered WHAT IF answer to the question,

instead of talked of blacklisting as doomsday bs.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Richard is a fraud. Sorry to say it but it's true, I had a lot of people talking about how he said that Elenin which is gone now thank God (even though people still think it's coming lol) was a spaceship that was coming to save the Earth or something along those lines. Oh brother. Now this? will people ever realize that this man is making false predictions? how can people continue to follow someone who continues to lie to them?

If it hit the moon we would be toast because even the slightest disturbance would bring about some change somehow. And I am betting it wouldn't be pretty.
edit on 10/29/2011 by ISis12RA12ELohim because: Forgot to answer question

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I was interested in the read
until I saw Hoagland.....

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

Originally posted by mugger

good to see, someone that actually answered WHAT IF answer to the question,

instead of talked of blacklisting as doomsday bs.

Well I don't entertain the what if because I don't see any real chance of it happening.. I could also say what if the moon were made of jello pudding, both are about as likely to be true ..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
fraud/frôd/
Noun:

Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

wow, really? who is more likely to defraud us when an asteroid IS eventually likely to impact (not necessarily YU55):

1 - our government

2- an individual?

(given track history and all)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Wasn't the end of the world yesterday??

Oh well, If the moon takes a hit then we may have debris or maybe a wobble after such an impact, however if you look at all those craters I think the answer is obvious, the moon can take a hit

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

If not for his moon based civilization theories, I might actually listen to him. I'm convinced he's full of it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

I'm going with NASA.

^ really, NASA? why have they been taken over, and forced to sign NON DISCLOSURE docs, with DHS Homeland Security which is now FEMA?:

NASA is now virtually an annex of Homeland Security/FEMA:

www.findthatfile.com...

edit on 29-10-2011 by ignant because: LINK

Your link is to standard non-disclosure agreements. I don't see anything there that has to do with NASA or DHS. You need to come up with something better for this claim.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
hmmm,

why isn't anyone answering the question what if a large asteroid impacts the moon?

is the moon not covered with craters already or something?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Unfortunately if it hit, we wouldn't see it since the moon isn't going to be visible. It would make for a once in a lifetime view for astronomers, including amateurs. Just look at the amount of craters already in the moon. It is still here today, so nothing to worry about.

Now the aliens on the darkside may have to evacuate

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by ignant

Richard Charles Hoagland, (born April 25, 1945) is an American author and a proponent of various conspiracy theories about NASA, lost alien civilizations on the Moon and on Mars and other related topics.

Hoagland has been described by James Oberg of The Space Review and Phil Plait of Bad Astronomy as a conspiracy theorist and fringe thinker.

I'm going with NASA.

edit on 29-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

Good. That is what they want.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yeah, I worry about dates with 9 and 11 in them. TPTB like their numbers

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Would parts of moon rocks come flying down on us then ?

could happen i guess.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
He is freaking out about the EAS but its only 3 minutes long mid day and this is supposed to pass us late night. The asteroid isn't big at all compared to sizes that have previously hit the moon, and this even if it does hit will just be pretty to look at in the night sky so stop freaking out about it or believing the hype about this asteroid its nothing.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Radec because: changed EBS to EAS :

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join