It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Survival Tool?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwing48

Yeah thats a good point, my Victorinox is always with me, have it attached to my keyring along with my Firesteel and Compass/Thermo

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Knowledge.

To expand on that...

Get a Amazon Kendel

1. The charge last 30 days,
2. You can recharge it with a solar charger,
3. it holds 6000 books.
4. It fits into a small backpack
5. Try carrying 30+ on your back. HA

Now there is a book on just about everything, You can start with these...

www.stevespages.com...
edit on 30-10-2011 by NeillieN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

A human is an ultimate survival tool. Not a knife..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

A human is an ultimate survival tool. Not a knife..

Dont forget about the ones we call morons. they're human also. I would alter that and say the human brain.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NeillieN

You know what, I always leave out electronic equipmemnt from my GHB/BOB but thats because I always forget about these Solar Chargers! Do you know of any decent hard wearing Solar Panel charger? might have to invest in one.

Good point about Knowledge but I believe thats a given. I always carry my SAS Survival handbook and my Collins Gem Food for Free, just about all you need for Survival in the Wild.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Of course, but a knowledgable and trained human with a decent knife will survive allot longer and more comfortably than an equally knowledgable and trained person without one.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Dionisius because: because i can

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

www.amazon.com...[ed itby]edit on 30-10-2011 by NeillieN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I think these are about the best currently out there:

www.goalzero.com...:1

I recently bought one for the express purpose of keeping personal electronics charged in the event of prolonged power outage. And I have about a dozen survival manuals on my Kindle. I was mainly thinking hurricane but it would also work for TEOTWAWKI. I found mine for $90.00 on ebay.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwing48

That would be my suggestion as well. For most people under most circumstances, the 'ultimate survival tool' is likely going to be a multi-tool of some sort or perhaps just a basic pocket knife, although I would want a locking blade in either case. The reason, of course, is that you can carry these with you virtually anywhere. It only helps if you have it with you, right?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
reply to post by NeillieN

You know what, I always leave out electronic equipmemnt from my GHB/BOB but thats because I always forget about these Solar Chargers! Do you know of any decent hard wearing Solar Panel charger? might have to invest in one.

Good point about Knowledge but I believe thats a given. I always carry my SAS Survival handbook and my Collins Gem Food for Free, just about all you need for Survival in the Wild.

These two Items keep my Pandigital Novel running indefinitely in the bush: 5watt Solar Panel and 5ah battery. I purchased them for under $60.00. The panel is attached to the rain flap of my A.L.I.C.E. pack and the battery is secured to the frame. A previous poster mentioned a pretty nice setup that you can get for about twice as much. Personally, I wouldn't go with the amorphic or flexible panels though, as they lose efficiency VERY quickly. They do have the advantage of being lighter however.
As far as an ebook reader goes, forget the kindle. It may have the best battery life, but they don't carry 6,000 books, that's a load of BS. You can't use SD cards with any of the newer models and the original can't read PDFs. Personally, I dig the Pandigiatal Novel because you can hack it to run Android. This makes it a very versatile scaled down tablet for very little cash. Mine is paired with several 32 gig SD cards, filled to the brim with every book and instructional video on survival and homesteading I've been able to collect over the course of several years. Next to my knife, this is certainly my most useful survival tool.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: grammar

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
According to Jeff Randall the ESEE Lite Machete is the best Survival tool there is on the market, of course its his company so his opinion is biased, so I want to know what you guys think about it. Has anyone handled or owned this Machete before and if so whats your opinion on it? I just recieved it in the post and havent had the chance to get to grips with it yet.

Thanks for your comments

Well, there`s a couple of tools that come to mind.

1. My Transformers car, he`s totally bad ass. Has his own power source and lots of cool weaponry.
2. Jessica Alba - you could pimp her out to just about anyone - boy and girl - to get whatever you want. Also, she provides some nice body heat if it`s cold. (High maintenance though).

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

Yeah too true, but when you come to me in your transformers car and try to trade me a night with alba for some food I'll just set Chuck Norris on your Transformer (I traded him for the Blu-Ray Lion King DVD with Ozzy Ozbourne) then run off with Alba when your not looking. What would you do then?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join