It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror hits school children "200 children held Hostage"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The Russians are really getting hammered by Radical Islamists!
www.einnews.com...

I am truly amazed by their rationale to use innocents in their war plans. I do not agree with Bush's handling of the war on terror, however, somehow we must as a civilization find a solution to this horrific state of affairs.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I just heard about this on the news they said its about 400 people in the school. Russia seems to be getting hit by a major terrorist offensive, first the two planes and the bombing and now this. I hope those kids in this school get out ok.

This reminds me too much of the Moscow Theater hostage incident.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
tututkamen, the children are just their way to get to their goal, independence of North Osetia. If in Russia they are tryin` to keep the children in school, even by force, in Trans Nistria, a small separatist region between Moldavia and Ukrain the russian-fan regime there is trying to keep the children out from romanian-language schools, even by force. The reason for this: they want to elliminate the romanian language and the latin alphabet, and they started doing this from the bottom, meaning from school.

Anyone remembers the situation in Moldavia, a couple of months ago ? The government tried to do the same, but the demonstrations and the international pression over the president Voronin stopped it.

It`s just weird how people use almost every means at their disposal to reach for their goals. It`s like everyone has read Macchiavelli...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapnobatai
Tutankhamen, the children are just their way to get to their goal, Macchiavelli...

Thank you,

For your insight. I am in no way familiar with the state of affairs in Romania but I am interested. I am pleased to meet you. I am in total agreement with your perspective on the situation, it is terrible that it is reality. As a species it would appear Darwin was wrong, we have not evolved or surpassed the animal kingdom, but have fallen below even their standards of survival! What a shame.

TUT

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The situation in Romania worths no interrest at the time being. I was talkin` about Moldavia and the separatist region Transnistria. At the beginning of the `90s, Moldavia was a Republic inside the USSR. After the fall of the Iron COurtain, the moldavians obtained the right to self-determinate, and they decided to become independent.

But not all of them wanted independence. Transnistria was a part of Moldavia, but they didn`t wand to be independent, so certain communist parties there decided that they are best represented besides Russia. Transnistria started a civil war with Moldavia and the local representatives asked for help to Moskow. Kremlin detached there an entire army, the 14th. Elements of this army still have positions in Transnistria.

During the years, Moldavia admitted partially the autonomy of Transnistria, but they still have authority conflicts there. In Transnistria, as well as in Moldavia, the majority of the inhabitants are romanians. Therefore, they wanted to be allowed to speak and learn (in schools) the romanian language. But Both Moldavia and Transnistria had their ways to stop the will of the people.

In Moldavia the goverment decided that the local language is not Romanian, but Moldavian!! There are no notable differences between the 2 languages, except for accent and some different words. It`s not even a dialect. So a couple of months ago, the romanians started demonstrating in the capital of Moldavia for the right of speaking in Romanian, not in Moldavian. The government ended up by rewieving the law.

In Transnistria the local administrative power, thru the help of the communist militias, tried to block access in romanian schools, but the children and parents blocked themselves inside the schools. The `issue` is not over yet.

This is how the region is being shown these days, generally speaking. There are reasons to believe that in the close future the whole area will probably go out in flames. Or not.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Go git em Mista Bush!

The terraists done up and moved out of Irock and showed up in Russia.

Take the fight to 'em you stratergic genius.

Get that adjective. Fight than noun. Kill the word, kill the word...knock terra down!

Goooooooooooooooooooooo merica!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Rant,
I seriously suggest you be relieved as a Moderator. Your opinion and position is no where near moderate. I am abhorred by your position on this situation.

TUT

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
Rant,
I seriously suggest you be relieved as a Moderator. Your opinion and position is no where near moderate. I am abhorred by your position on this situation.

TUT

Good.

But being a "moderator" has nothing to do with having "moderate" opinions. But feel free to complain. Start a thread and take a vote.

I loves me some drama.

TUT

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
Rant,

TUT

He's just upset that he has nobody to vote for.
Vote America!! Vote George W. Bush!!

[edit on 1-9-2004 by looking4clues]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I don't want to be arrogant but there's already a thread about this problem so this thread isn't needed

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
I don't want to be arrogant but there's already a thread about this problem so this thread isn't needed

This thread was started before they linked the News Alert over here.

new topics

top topics

join