It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Armed Men Storm Russian School; Children Hostage

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
BC-APNewsAlert,0027
MOSCOW (AP) -- The Interfax news agency is reporting that a group of hostages has broken out of a school in southern Russia.
(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
APTV 09-03-04 0516EDT

what is exactly happening is unclear at this time...but i dont think that the terrorists will be happy they let some victims slip away....
will they take out their aggressions on the rest?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
School being stormed!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Now, choppers flying over.
The gunfire is coming from many areas around the school..
I'm not thinking that this is a good sign.
Let's hope for the best.

The reporter is now ducking stray bullets.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Russian News reports Schools Roof collapsed.

Live Reports on CNN.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by looking4clues]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I'm hearing that the roof has collapsed on the school building.
some injuries reported.
There are lots of people, and cars moving about.
Still, constant gunfire.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Aparently it all started with two loud explosions, spetnaz and alpah troops are stoming the building reports of the parts of the roof have caved in. School kids are being brought out from the school up to at least a hundred or so plus now Some coverd in blood outhers are half naked.

I have seen some burnt at least 4 army helicopters are flying over head And 15 casulties maybe more, reports are that rebles are trying to escape from the school and the fighting is still going on. Now its saying that Russian commanders are entering the building, explosions and sustained gun fire are still being heard.

Its now saying they have full controll over the school 100 special forces have ben seen running towards the school,

[edit on 3/9/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
SE7EN,

I'm seeing video the confirms what you are saying about the victims.

I wonder what brought this to a head?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I am also covering it live as this go's on in chat and upadateing my post as I go I have 5 news stations on far in 3 rooms to cover this.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
BC-Russia-SchoolSeizure 2ndLd 09-03 0181 BC-Russia-School Seizure, 2nd Ld,0189
URGENT
Group of hostages reportedly breaks out of school in southern Russia, roof reportedly collapses
Eds: UPDATES with report that it was 30 hostages who broke out of school, roof collapses CHANGES dateline from MOSCOW.
BESLAN, Russia (AP) -- A group of about 30 women and children broke out of a school in southern Russia where militants were holding hundreds of people captive Friday, a news agency reported, after two loud explosions were heard and Russian commandos opened fire near the building.
The Interfax news agency said that the school's roof had collapsed and militants were shelling and firing from the building. Interfax said the hostages who broke out of the school included women and children. It was impossible to immediately verify the reports.
Two helicopters hovered overhead. An ambulance rushed from the scene and CNN reported that at least two people were wounded. On Thursday, the militants inside the school had released some 26 of the hundreds of hostages held inside the building since Wednesday.
(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
APTV 09-03-04 0538EDT

I am watching a playback from the school now...
lots of the kids are in their underware, i suspect from extreme heat/dehydration...
still unclear if storming of the building is occuring but the audio track has near constant barrages of auto weapons fire and occasional explosion
now seeing light somke/haze

Oh yeah, ooks like troops are right up against the building in places
lots more gunfire...bursts...controlled...back and forth

[edit on 3-9-2004 by CazMedia]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
There has been live coverage all morning on BBC. I have to say, they beat everyone for coverage of big stories.

Right now it says the building has been stormed, five hostage takers dead, most children alive, a roof has collapsed, no one knows exactly what is happening, moscow is saying nothing, and basically it's on a knife edge - either he hosatges are taken out, or the remaining hostages are gonna die.

I think the hostage takers are feeling the effects of no food.....they are not thinking straight, some were even shot trying to escape with crowds of parents and children.....They've gone mad, but I don't think they will be able to do anything now, they look like they are slowly giving up.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
BBC reporting TASS saying rebel flee to railway junction to south of town heavy gun battle on going at school

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Interfax and Putin's advisor say a lot more than 150 hostages of of a total of up to 1200 got killed
It's annoying that during the fighting itself Russian TV ignored it showing films etc.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
REPORTS that 3 hostage takers have been captured alive!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
may as well stop reporting it here cause JB seems to have it covered in his thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ok 3 hostage takers captured and 5 hostage takers dead. This is good. Go Spetsnaz!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join