It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Armed Men Storm Russian School; Children Hostage

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
see what i mean...now ur just making fun of a very serious situation.

I'm not making fun, Gryffen. It's called brainstorming. The situation is so desperate that nothing workable has yet come to mind. I was just thinking that some kind of chemical agent could help.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The fact is:

They involve chemical or biological agents..they have a hell of a lot of explaining to do.

Many children could die if gas is involved...due to allergies...inhilation probs and other factors.

Biological and drugs are NOT[/B] an option!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So what is going to be the outcome of this?
There is no way they are going to negotiate with the terrorists and release the prisoners, that just will not happen so i dont even know why these terrorists try for this it has never happened(as far as i know) and i dont think it ever will.

So whats left....

Force: Attempt to infiltrate the school kill the terrorists,but this would certainly end with innocents being killed aswell.
Also if they did this then there is a great possibility the terrorists would just blow the whole school up and kill everyone.

Chemicals: Gas the place out which is probably the worst plan they could possibly do,for 1 it might not even work as the terrorists have smashed all the windows and put children in front of them as human shields,so the gas would not be confined and probably escape quite quickly throught the windows, also this would kind of annoy the terrorists no end so would result in alot of innocents being killed by terrorists.

Negotiation: I doubt that unless they agree to let the prisoners free the terrorists just wont negotiate anything else so this just isnt a possibility.IMO

Misc: I cant think of anything else they could do except wait it out until they dehydrate/starve but this would abviously count aswell to both the terrorists and hostages so would not be a good idea as this could end with them just blowing the hell out of the place.

I personally think Armed Forces/Special Forces would be the best idea as they have snipers everywhere and if they have enough intel on the exact situation of every terrorist then they could probably kill the all at the same time if they have the chance but i think this is just wishful thinking and im going abit too far into movie mode so i wont go any further and just hope that it all ends ok.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Just like in the Theater Siege, the explosives are probably placed in the midst of the hostages (in the gym). The designated bomber is probably also somewhere there, surrounded by the kids and maybe additionally sheltered. Taking her out would be close to impossible. I just don't know what would work

I start agreeing that maybe it's time to deploy an unconventional non-lethal weapon like microwave gun or something like that.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well I think that Russia should go with the concept of gassing the school only this time use less of it. As somebody said before an American-Russian alliance would be a powerful one. We both have terrorist problems. Just my thoughts maybe Russia should go through all the homes in the violent areas strip them of there AKs and RPGs and explosives. I mean high explosives are not exactly nessesary for hunting. Then implement some sort of curfew.

My thoughts to the Russian people and good luck to Spetsnaz.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So, as of now the kids are still in there? It going on more than 24 hours right? Didnt this start yesterday?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A British S.A.S officer today commented on the BBC news channel that the reason the rebels would release the child hostages would be because they are the very youngest and they are unable to control them. The children are not responsible for their actions and their incessant crying would be disturbing the captors. The release apparently then was not a sign of weakening or an act of humanitarianism.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
SpittingCobra.
To my knowledge the children are still inside,the last time i watched BBC News was about 2 hours ago so unless something has happened since then its still the same.
The thing that bothers me is that they are refusing food and water although they have water(i think) from taps etc and i take it they must have some food from the canteens as it is a school after all so they must have had some sort of food there?
But water is more important,as i recall you die faster from dehydration than starvation.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Right, you can go days with out food, but only a day our two without water.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

So, as of now the kids are still in there? It going on more than 24 hours right? Didnt this start yesterday?

Yep this is the second night of this crisis,

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Last I heard:

1) The terrorists accepted water

2) There is almost no food in the building because it was supposed to be a short day and they didn't intend to serve lunch.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

CHRONOLOGY:

* Gunmen seize the hostages at a school in the North Ossetian town of Beslan early yesterday, the first day of the Russian school term.

* Within hours, nearly 50 children manage to escape. Gunmen set free a further 15 children.

* Putin breaks off his seaside holiday and returns to Moscow.

* Hostage-takers, numbering between 17 and 40, threaten to kill 50 children for every fighter killed.

* Russia sends troops to guard nuclear facilities.

* Envoy to Chechen rebel leader Aslan Maskhadov denies involvement of separatists in the hostage drama.

* UN Security Council calls emergency meeting.

* Putin calls off trip to Turkey.

* Russian authorities rule out use of force for now.

* Putin says safety of the hostages paramount.

And more here,
www.news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Just off the sky news site:
The UN security council has issued a unanimous condemnation of the attack.

It has demanded "the immediate and unconditional release of all hostages of the terrorist attack".

President Vladimir Putin has reportedly been in contact with President Bush about the crisis.

Bush advising someone that has shown that he has more concern with stopping the rebels that saving the hostages?? Scarey thought.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by southcmft
Bush advising someone that has shown that he has more concern with stopping the rebels that saving the hostages?? Scarey thought.

What

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
26 kids were released, up to 300 more in there.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
after this situation i would bet putin is really going to clean up some terrorist, something bush could probably learn from

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
How many hostages are there? I heard from BBC that the local people where saying around 700 but the forces were saying around 400?
Anyone know the exact number of hostages?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
BC-APNewsAlert,0028
BESLYAN, Russia (AP) -- Two new accounts say there are at least 1,000 hostages being held captive at a school in souther Russia.
(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
APTV 09-03-04 0106EDT

Russia will level chechnya if they lose 1000 civies to terrorism.
I predict this will not end well....i can forse images of SEMI's full of victims being removed.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by CazMedia]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

But a teacher who was among at least 26 women and children released disputes that.

"On television they say that there are 350 of us. That's not right. There's not less than 1,500 in the school," Izvestia quoted the woman as saying on condition of anonymity.

Earlier, local legislator Azamat Kadykov told a meeting packed with worried relatives and friends that the number of hostages was "more or less 1,000".

theage.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It appears something is happening now.
Watching the news, live feed.
Explosions and repeated fire, from both directions.
It's rumoured that some hostages may have escaped..

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join