It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Gryffen
see what i mean...now ur just making fun of a very serious situation.
So, as of now the kids are still in there? It going on more than 24 hours right? Didnt this start yesterday?
* Gunmen seize the hostages at a school in the North Ossetian town of Beslan early yesterday, the first day of the Russian school term.
* Within hours, nearly 50 children manage to escape. Gunmen set free a further 15 children.
* Putin breaks off his seaside holiday and returns to Moscow.
* Hostage-takers, numbering between 17 and 40, threaten to kill 50 children for every fighter killed.
* Russia sends troops to guard nuclear facilities.
* Envoy to Chechen rebel leader Aslan Maskhadov denies involvement of separatists in the hostage drama.
* UN Security Council calls emergency meeting.
* Putin calls off trip to Turkey.
* Russian authorities rule out use of force for now.
* Putin says safety of the hostages paramount.
Originally posted by southcmft
Bush advising someone that has shown that he has more concern with stopping the rebels that saving the hostages?? Scarey thought.
But a teacher who was among at least 26 women and children released disputes that.
"On television they say that there are 350 of us. That's not right. There's not less than 1,500 in the school," Izvestia quoted the woman as saying on condition of anonymity.
Earlier, local legislator Azamat Kadykov told a meeting packed with worried relatives and friends that the number of hostages was "more or less 1,000".