It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Armed Men Storm Russian School; Children Hostage

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Problem solved?

Russia goes into Chechyna and kidnaps 400 muslim kids or flies into Saudi Arabia and does the same. Or says we will blow up every holy mosque in the world that we feel like destroying. Or say they pull their troops out, get their kids back and then just drive the military right back in. Result: bad news, but really that is their only way of creating a bargaining chip for themselves. And the rest of Europe, America, and even Asia better get ready for the same thing and start planning how they will have to play dirty to make these guys think twice. It really is disgusting and I really don't even like what I wrote, but it is to that point.

As I've said in many posts before the Muslim community has to step up and stop these radicals. They need to make so much noise condemning these terrorist acts and showing some action against them that the non-Muslim world will see common Muslims as not the real threat. Messing with people's kids is where people will turn to animals.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What I see happening is a war....

Musliums vs. Freedom

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Let's look at oganized crime in Russia. (You say, "how can we 'look at' the lot of that, when it's not visible)." Russia is as the "wild west" of America in the mid- late 19th century, but Russia keeps its mouth shut about just how expendable its children are. The exploitation of children is as lucrative to the "mafia" as illicit drug dispersal. How can the west not be saddened?

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Jack Martin]

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Jack Martin]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
What I see happening is a war....

Musliums vs. Freedom

That's certainly the way it's looking. I think that the USA and Russia would make a good team (not to mention the rest of the free world), as long as we vote Bush out, and gain back the support of our allies, the alliance would be unstoppable. You were right that Russia doesn't NEED the USA's help, nor do we need help in Iraq (a war that really didn't help, rather hurt our war on terror, but we're there and we can't just leave), the problem seems to be fighting politically correct wars, we had ALOT of Al Sadr's militia gift wrapped in that shrine, a couple MOABs would have ended the stand-off quickly, and in the only way these monsters understand and respect. Now they have dispersed to open a front elsewhere, I wonder if we're fighting a war or not. I know they would have no respect for any christian church and would happily blow one up if given the chance. We could win the war in Iraq much more quickly if we would stop pulling punches, and KILL these bastards ANYWHERE they hide, there should be NO sanctuarys. And if anything happens to those kids, I hope Russia will do the same in Chechnya.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Interesting Opinions by spartacus11:

For those who SAY THAT CHECHENS ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE BEEN TAKING HOSTAGES CHILDREN AND WOMAN.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you know it? Who told you? CNN Itar Tass? that is not enough now is it? you don't trust you girlfriends or your wives completely and yet we are talking as if we know everything for sure what is happening! bcs CNN or the #ed up media who are continuesly cousing mainhem, and are directly responsible for the bigest lie ever wich is the WMD and the war in Iraq told us. the possible scenarios: Planty of it. Putin voices support for Iranian nuclear development, just a few days ago he held a meeting with GR and FR leaders to discuss the threat that is coming from Israel and USA. They have reached something there while talking, suddenly airplanes go down misteriously, bombs in the railway stations thre days after, and 400 people half of them children kinaped by the same people, who have yet to be confirmed who they realy are. A group out of no fooking where comes out with a fooked up name and claims responsability, and they say they did it for their chechen brothers. They are linked to al qaida by CNN fooking news and CO. FSB a day before says that two Chechen woman are responsible??????? WOOOOW! Contradicting the Zionist group. WHY? Because the Zionist group wich actually is responsible wants to make this look as a Islamist Al qaida attack while puttin plays it to his own interest by declaring the chechens responsible wich is to continue the war in Chechnya for the control of the OIl flow, and possibly create a sense of unity among russian electorate. What do the Zionist gain from this???????? They take away the concentration from Iran to domestic problems for russia. they punish russia for it's stuborness towards Iranian nuclear development. Putin is smart he is not to be fooled so he blames the Chechens EAAAASSSSSSSY. The media Yesterday and today are inviting Sepcial Anal-ists to anal-yze who is responsible, and whoooorrrrraaaaa Al qaida " THEY THE CHECHENS ARE VERY MUCH CONNECTED WITH AL QAIDA, THEREFORE RUSSIA IS BEING ATTACKED IN THE SAME WAY AS WE ( USA ) WERE DURING SEP 11. Said one ANAL- ist on CNN And Voila here we got the best propaganda money can buy. OOHHHHH another thing i forgot ( Thanx Syrian )! So who are these people???? These are Georgians, as simple as that, no matter how much you hate Chechens you can't deny the fact that they are not terrorist but they are guerrillas, and guerrillas don't threaten to kill children, Zionists do with the help of Georgians, Georgia threatened just a week before that it's preparing for war with RUSSIA, what a coincidence, US wants russia to attack Georgia, and let the georgians fight russia using USAn weapons. what more can you ask from a Vice President, like Cheney, or from a PM like Sharon. Peace!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Zcheng got his head way, way up his butt.

Georgians can have an evil president all they want, but they wouldn't use kids as shields. If you don't know this, I can't help you really. I've been to Georgia many times and have friends there, plus they are Orthodox Christians just like us. Again, if you don't see the importance of that you are a moron.

Zhang Chen? Get a grip.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Agreed on the cheng thing, this is a wacky conspiracy theory with little to back it up....
and to those that have come in to bash Bush,
you are so way off base...

Id like to thank the terrorist now for the Bush re-election....
Bush will soon get to stand up with Putin and condem terrorism world wide,
he'll be able to show that terror is world wide and against western, modern, democratic freedom. It will only reemphasise that islamist extreamists are the root of this plauge....
And we the people will give him 4 more years because what happened on 9-11 is far from being over, from either side.

IF the terrorists really wanted to be crafty,
they could have taken the school hostage as BAIT, knowing a ring of harder millitary targets would form around it....then they just slip up behind them with suicide bombers and hit the millitary/police/civies gathered around all looking INWARD.....those in the school could then try to escape in the confusion or just let the kids go...
at least this way they could show at least SOME shred of honor by not slaughtering kids and hitting harder targets...
i doubght this will occur tho as barbarians arent that smart.

Good luck to the Russian people, Im already morning the impending loss at the school.... i cant see any way that all those kids will survive this brutal, cowardly assault.

America will give Russia a thumbs up for renewed Russian millitary actions in chechnya....and no country in the world will try to block it or complain too harshly about alledged abuses by Russians as long as Russia keeps this kind of stuff to a minimum. Fight as honorably as possible. (war is messy and we know that non decent things will likley occur)

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
BBC News is Live at the scene.

Gunshots in the background.

Its not looking good.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Zcheng got his head way, way up his butt.

Georgians can have an evil president all they want, but they wouldn't use kids as shields. If you don't know this, I can't help you really. I've been to Georgia many times and have friends there, plus they are Orthodox Christians just like us. Again, if you don't see the importance of that you are a moron.

Zhang Chen? Get a grip.

You are so naive to think that Georgia alone can take on Russia. CIA/Mossad are doing the dirty work there. It is a confrontation of US and Russia.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
Wonder if there going to get Russian special forces in to handle this but after the last time(The Moscow Theatre Siege) nearly all the hostages died of knock out gas they used.

I wonder how Rambo here would have handled it. From what I know, the events transpired like this�

1.) The hijackers had plastic explosives wired to their bodies, and had also then wired several of the kidnapped people.

2.) The hijackers then said they were going to start shooting hostages, at one-hour intervals, until their demands were met.

3.) In the meantime, the Special Forces had gotten onto the roof of the building and were preparing to storm the theatre with knock-out gas in a coordinated assault on the hijackers.

4.) However, the hijackers then began to shoot the hostages randomly without warning. They had probably figured out their demands were never going to be met, and the Russian Special Forces were planning to storm the building.

5.) The Special Forces had orders that if they heard the sound of machine-gun fire inside the building before the assault had begun, they had to immediately divert to �Plan B�, which was to pump the building with gas as quickly as possible, to take �out� the trash before they had a chance to detonate the plastic explosives.

6.) Unfortunately, the amount of gas required to knockout people greatly varies, and since the gas was pumped in through the back of the theater, that part naturally had a greater concentration, probably more than half recommended limit. Because of that, some people regrettably died. Of course, since the terrorists were already machine-gunning the hostages, they would very likely have died anyhow.

If you ask me, the Russian officials did a good job.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
BC-APNewsAlert,0029
MOSCOW (AP) -- A large explosion has been heard from the school where hundreds of people are being held hostage in southern Russia.
(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
APTV 09-02-04 0718EDT

Well the crap is hitting the fan now, how hard will Russias responce be?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
On ITV there have been SEVERAL explosions, and Food and Water is being refused of both hosatges and children, BY the hostages. I don't think theres much Russia can do but bow to their command now.........Unless they have a masterplan, which I dont think likely

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Explosions were outgoing RPG's from the School... Russia not attacking them...

26 Women and Children released so far!!!

[edit on 2-9-2004 by looking4clues]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
update

Just a little update..i know its been covered but im puttin it in here aswell.

Group released from siege school

Day two and the hostage takers have released approx 32 people from captivity, mostly very young children and a couple of adults. Still no water and food are being allowed and the negotiators and officials are beginning to worry for the physical status of those held hostage.

Armed attackers have freed a number of women and children from a school in south Russia, where they are still holding more than 300 people hostage.
The release of 32 hostages came well into the second day of the crisis, after blasts and gunfire were heard.

Officials said the breakthrough came after mediation efforts by the former president of the neighbouring region of Ingushetia and that negotiations would continue.

well to be honest....they are making headway..very slowly but surely...this is a good sign for things but they must tread very carefully.

School seige and released hostages

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If there is not water in the building, people are due to start passing out any time now, of dehydration, and some may die.

There is probably still tap water available, at least I hope so.

Can thay put some '___' in the water supply to disorient the terrorists?

[edit on 2-9-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Eh No!!

For two reasons...

1: They may not drink it and it would pollute the water
2: kids may drink it!

U know...some people just come up with the silliest and most idiotic things sometimes!!

sorry guys but some of ur comments have been really silly and pretty immature to the whole situation.

I aint saying im perfect cause i aint...but common..get a grip!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
'___'? Sure, give ther terrorists more energy, elation (with some possible paranoia), tracers and other mild hallucinations. It would probably give them more resolve. No dosing terrorists. But I'll take some if ya got it, its been years!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Sky news 'breaking news' ticker thing has come up on the TV and its saying that 16 people have been killed!

Not quite sure if they mean the 12 people killed when they sieged the school, and the other 4 are new victims or another 16 have been killed?

More to come as soon as i hear it.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
'___'? Sure, give ther terrorists more energy, elation (with some possible paranoia), tracers and other mild hallucinations. It would probably give them more resolve. No dosing terrorists. But I'll take some if ya got it, its been years!

Ok, send them some Ritz crackers with brie cheese laced with THC... Make them happy and relaxed...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
see what i mean...now ur just making fun of a very serious situation.

if it happens to ur kids at school...remember...somewhere someone will make fun of the situation.

hope u feel good about it then.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join