It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YU55 - November 8th, 9th, 10th, Big Red X & Tsunami Training

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Nice thread S&F

Somebody mentioned that they did not know were the satellites would land but can direct space shuttle to within a inch. Smells a bit fishy to me i have also just spent the last 60 mins looking for other national drills that day and it seems only the US is having one. Sorry if i have missed something but were is the X in relation to our earth Atlantic ?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Im surprised people are making such a issue of this. Anyone who knows about dooms-day asteroids or has read up on them knows it is no where near big enough to be a ELE!! Its not a kilometer or more in size. If it hit a populated area head on or the sea causing a tsunami their could be some deaths sure, but its not a OMG its gonna cause a polar shift end of the world type rock!!!

If it hit the moon it would just be another crater among the hundreds of others on the moon. Now if this thing was 1 km or so across id be seriously worried, but this is just another thing for people to fear monger on like Elenin.
edit on 30-10-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Just reading this thread an i thought i would add this.

First of all I beleived in elenin and Dec 21st etc etc, as days and prophecies have come and gone I was starting to think maybe all this was a load of bull and I should stop stockpiling tins of beans and get on with my life!!

Then this morning I woke up after dreaming of an asteroid hitting the earth, I thought nothing of it it, just a dream untill I logged on to ATS and read this thread!

When I thought Elenin was going to hit the earth I spoke to God (Im not a religious nut, I just beleive in God) and asked him could I have a sign or warning if a comet was going to hit, obviosly I didnt get a sign, but as Ive said today I woke up from a dream where a comet hit the earth and then found this thread.

Maybe its coincidence, and i obviously dont want the Earth to get hit by a comet but I thought I would just share with you what I have.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

[color=dodgerblue]Here is a side view of the trajectory of YU55.

YU55 will be 239,356 kilometers from the moon and 324,627 kilometers from the earth at it's closest approach. Those distances are close in cosmic terms, but it's certainly not 'coming right for us'.

The facts are there for anyone to see. The figures are there for anyone to calculate.

Source
edit on 29-10-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

beautiful
need anyone say more when she speaks?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by underdogradio

Thanks I know they have been tracking, but they dont appear to be able to say for sure where things will hit, which is what I meant really. Are they using old satelites to practise on, as in to try and map a course? Thanks again for the reply

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Is it possible that YU55 could hit the moon?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It's still too early to tell. Events can or may not change until that date.

If the elite know about a definite impact on that date then it should be in prophecy aswell.

But I'm gonna say nothings gonna happen on this one. 11/11/11 is such an obvious number and it's unlikely the elite will carry out their plans on such a well known date.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventhdoor

When I google "big red x google earth" I get these results...

My Goggle Earth has a Big RED X on my Baja California location. I assume we did something wrong to cause this. How can I get rid of it?

jasonM1
Top Contributor
2/28/10
Best answer - jasonM1 (Top Contributor)
Hi,

This means you loaded some KML with an image overlay in that area and now the image URL is broken and cannot be loaded.

Uncheck the Placemarks in your 'My Places' panel until the red X goes away.

Areas with a big red X. What do they mean? 6/14/09
Replies 1 - 3 of 3

RickJ1944
Level 7
6/15/09
Hi!
You have an overlay checked that isn't available. Most probably it's in your "Places", but don't forget "Layers". Either uncheck everything and begin re-checking until you find the culprit, or vice-versa.

Hope this helps,

Rick

no_stranger
Level 6
7/26/09
Typically a box with a red X indicates that a network linked image overlay hasn't loaded because it is no longer available, or there has been a problem with your Internet connection, or the server hosting the image has failed or overloaded.

Most times, if you know which file it is, you can right click it and then select 'Refresh", this will reload the image if your network connection was the fault.

This problem can happen quite often with files that have multiple overlays within a folder.
1 of 5 people found this answer helpful. Did you? Sign in to vote. Report abuse

Upgraded today, no installation errors
Launched ok, but overview map came up with red X in upper left corner.
Moves as I scan the globe.
Error popup 'Could not load image stream0_0'
+ Fetch of stream overlay failed streal0_0
Ignore allowed GE to continue but error pop-up window continues to
appear.

Noisette
View profile
More options Aug 24 2007, 7:48 pm
You probably have an overlay enabled which is no longer available.
Uncheck "My Places" (where you see the dot in the box on your screen
shot). Then if you like you can re-enable everything one by one to
see what is causing the error and delete it.
If this doesn't work, have a look in the layers panel as well in case
anything there is unavailable.

edit on 30/10/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seventhdoor

Originally posted by butcherguy

I will ask a stupid question. If YU55 were to hit the Earth in the western Pacific Ocean, what would people feel on the other side of the globe? Would it be powerful enough to cause a tremor that could be felt by a person on the other side of the Earth?

Who knows? I think the ocean would probably act as a cushion for the asteroid. If it hit land directly it might set off a chain reaction of Earthquakes that could end up causing more devastation (in theory).

No, the worst thing that could happen if an asteroid hit Earth is falling in the ocean. Have you ever thrown a pebble in a pond? Ripples form right? Well if an asteroid fell in the ocean, millions of gallons of water would vaporize in an instant, the water rushing back to fill the void would create ripples, every ripple would be a giant tsunami. It's sounds scary but if anything is going to hit the Earth, it's better that it hits ground, not water.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality

Originally posted by daryllyn

[color=dodgerblue]Here is a side view of the trajectory of YU55.

YU55 will be 239,356 kilometers from the moon and 324,627 kilometers from the earth at it's closest approach. Those distances are close in cosmic terms, but it's certainly not 'coming right for us'.

The facts are there for anyone to see. The figures are there for anyone to calculate.

Source
edit on 29-10-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

beautiful
need anyone say more when she speaks?

Second LOL

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'm going to be a bit gutted on November 12th. Because it will be the end of the end of the world. Elenin will have passed. Calleman and The Dark Knight put to bed, YU55 will be gone and the National Alert thing will have finished. Never have we witnessed such a doom window the past 2 months have served up and I don't think we will again - until December 21st 2012 anyhow.

On November 12th many people will be liberated from their fears and finally wake up to the true reality that doom cannot save them.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Im surprised people are making such a issue of this.....

If it hit a populated area head on or the sea causing a tsunami their could be some deaths sure, but its not a OMG its gonna cause a polar shift end of the world type rock!!!

I have not read where anybody had claimed that it was.

It's also not a giant jellybean, but it's a bit pointless to state that something "is not a...." after nobody had claimed that it was.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It's called 2005 YU55 because it was discovered in 2005, and with an orbital period of 1.22 years it has passed us by before at least 4 times under observation, so we have a huge amount of data to accurately calculate its trajectory, and any changes in that trajectory should it have ever been gravitationally altered by, (say a close pass of earth in 2010). Since earth and Venus and Mars are the only bodies large enough with a slight consideration of the moon to alter the trajectory of the asteroid we have sufficient data to run projections for a hundred years and beyond. So an asteroid the size of 2005 YU55 with all the collective data we have on it has prompted its removal from the Sentry Risk Table on April 22, 2010.

That's why I call hoax on people that; a) Think NASA can be wrong on the orbital trajectory–even though the trajectories are calculated by a 3rd party private organization and not NASA, b) Just love to instill fear into others, c) Think they are smarter than the community of scientists that run the mathematical calculations of trajectories without showing us their own math, or d) Just blindly dismiss any news they read out of a paranoidal physiological disorder that everything told to them they should not believe, even though the data is there if they would ever bother to educate themselves enough to run the numbers themselves instead of spewing garbage anonymously on a message board.

What benefits are gained by tossing about speculative scenarios that we know will not occur? Does it exercise the mind?

The speed at which an asteroid like this travels would have to get very close to earth for its orbital trajectory to be altered. To get an idea about gravitational slingshot effects on smaller bodies you can go to the JUNO site and see how a close flyby of JUNO in 2013 will give the spacecraft a slingshot boost in its speed to Jupiter. The flyby will be just 300 miles above the earth surface. You can also see here how an asteroid 2011 CQ1's orbital trajectory was changed when it missed earth by only 3,400 miles, but it is only only 1 meter in diameter. Now imagine what kinds of equipment is required to detect a body in space the size of an exercise ball.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by upgrader

If it hit the moon, but it wont because it is over 100,000 miles above the ecliptic, but if it did, with the direction of the asteroid and the moon no possible debris would be directed towards earth and even if some was it would burn up in the earth atmosphere. The moon's orbit would not be altered in any effective way, the tides on earth would be unaffected. Nothing would happen to effect anything on earth if the moon was impacted by a body the size of YU55 which is about a millionth the mass of the moon. Less effect than Skylab impacting Australia.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

As long as ATS is around, there will be people with the sole purpose of promoting DOOM 24/7.

Sad, sad individuals by the way.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I am more worried about Big Red than Yu55. If Sitchin's first timing on Big Red arriving is right it will be in 2012, if not it will be in 2900 or something. Supposedly the last time Big Red passed by earth according to him it stopped the earth's rotation for 3 days causing 3 days of sunlight and freaked the ancients out when Joshua was battling the Canaanites. It's all in the ifs. When Big Red shows up its going to be so huge it will fill up the sky and people will think it's the end of the world, there isn't going to be any governments then because this world is going to tear itself apart with mass hysteria. I may be dead nearly 1000 years by that time, but if it shows up in 2012 i might get to see it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa
Just reading this thread an i thought i would add this.

First of all I beleived in elenin and Dec 21st etc etc, as days and prophecies have come and gone I was starting to think maybe all this was a load of bull and I should stop stockpiling tins of beans and get on with my life!!

Then this morning I woke up after dreaming of an asteroid hitting the earth, I thought nothing of it it, just a dream untill I logged on to ATS and read this thread!

When I thought Elenin was going to hit the earth I spoke to God (Im not a religious nut, I just beleive in God) and asked him could I have a sign or warning if a comet was going to hit, obviosly I didnt get a sign, but as Ive said today I woke up from a dream where a comet hit the earth and then found this thread.

Maybe its coincidence, and i obviously dont want the Earth to get hit by a comet but I thought I would just share with you what I have.

There will be an asteroid or comet that hits the earth again (maybe even a planet sized body). That's not an IF it's a when because it will happen, it's just a matter of time. The last time an asteroid hit the earth was meteor crater in new mexico and that was 50,000 years ago. The most recent event was Tunguska in Siberia and a comet air bursted and flattened 100k square miles of forest. All those asteroids floating around the asteroid belt are constnatly smashing into eachother like someone playing billiards and eventually one will get kicked our way and then humanity will be a footnote in the history of planet earth.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
We are supposed to believe that this red X is where NASA believes YU55 will strike. Come on, these "geniuses" over at NASA can't even predict where a satellite will land when it comes crashing back to Earth.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Logman

As long as ATS is around, there will be people with the sole purpose of promoting DOOM 24/7.

Sad, sad individuals by the way.

People have been screaming "the sky is falling" for far longer than the existence of the internet. The end of the world has been happening since recorded history began. Were all going to die anyway so why worry about when? The end result will always be the same wether you die young or die old, you still become a banquet for worms.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seventhdoor
I am extremely skeptical about any kind of theory of mass destruction. As of yet, none have come to pass.

exactly...i stopped reading here..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join