It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flier at Occupy Phoenix asks, “When should you shoot a cop?”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Hot Air has confirmed with the Arizona Department of Public Safety that fliers have been found at Occupy Phoenix instructing people on when to shoot police officers. First reported by the Jon Justice show on 104.1 FM in Tucson, the flier resulted in a counterterrorism alert issued to all law enforcement agencies in the state:

hotair.com...

Link to Pdf.

content.clearchannel.com...

Poor little ole OWS eh? So many thread's on here so many people defending those "innocent" protesters and vilifiying the Police. Also they are the ones who scream "Police State" yadda yadda blah blah blah this just isn't Phoenix you can bet on it that ideology is clearly at many other location's professional agitators and manipulator's for that "Precious" little cause.

Shooting a cop? Seriously totally 100% messed up this nation has truly fallen far and this is disgusting on so many levels that people would even be contemplating this.

There is NO EXCUSE there should be no defenders of this it is outrageous.
edit on 29-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You should never shoot anyone.

Don't shoot cops, don't shoot Iraqis or Afghans, don't shoot anyone.

The PROBLEM in today's society is violence and ignorance.

Creating even more violence will never make the violence stop, it only perpetuates and accentuates it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But on the other hand, police have a licence to kill don't they?

So it's all good if they shoot whoever, that's how things work right?

So it is a double standard that needs to be resolved.

Police shouldn't be shooting anyone either.

But if they decide too, it's not considered murder even though typically it's easily construed in that perspective.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well the guy's fliers were floating around Occupy Phoenix, but the guy who wrote said flier gave a speech at a Tea Party event in 2009.

To be fair, (and save the Media Matters fellows some time) I’ll point out that Rose’s anarchist views seem to have an audience on both sides of the political aisle. He gave a speech at the Independence Hall Tea Party event in 2009 titled “You’re not the boss of me.” Video of the speech is here. You can see that this is indeed a Tea Party event if you compare the setting to this video of the same event.

Source:www.verumserum.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I was wondering when someone would post this, I've already posted about it in two other threads. (Can't start a thread anymore, the next will be my last) So,

I don't believe anyone in the movement wrote this and can only hope that no one takes it seriously... This could motivate an already violence prone group or individual to take actions that could lead to unimaginable clashes between police and protesters.

I mean... just read some of it...

Basic logic dictates that you either have an obligation to LET “law enforcers” have their way with you, or you have the right to STOP them from doing so, which will almost always require killing them.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Hot Air has confirmed with the Arizona Department of Public Safety that fliers have been found at Occupy Phoenix instructing people on when to shoot police officers. First reported by the Jon Justice show on 104.1 FM in Tucson, the flier resulted in a counterterrorism alert issued to all law enforcement agencies in the state:

hotair.com...

Link to Pdf.

content.clearchannel.com...

Poor little ole OWS eh? So many thread's on here so many people defending those "innocent" protesters and vilifiying the Police. Also they are the ones who scream "Police State" yadda yadda blah blah blah this just isn't Phoenix you can bet on it that ideology is clearly at many other location's professional agitators and manipulator's for that "Precious" little cause.

Shooting a cop? Seriously totally 100% messed up this nation has truly fallen far and this is disgusting on so many levels that people would even be contemplating this.

There is NO EXCUSE there should be no defenders of this it is outrageous.
edit on 29-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Enough twisting facts and generalizing

ONE self-proclaimed anarchist drops fliers describing "when to shoot a cop" over a crowd, and automatically you label every one there as dangerous?

people like you are dangerous.

Read the complete article you linked.

The guy who wrote the flier is a nut job.

www.verumserum.com...
Linked from YOUR source.

so by your own logic, if I drop fliers over the police dept, describingn " when it's okay for cops to rape wombats"
are all the cops now wombat grubbers?

This is a prime example of sheeple mentality.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by neo96

But on the other hand, police have a licence to kill don't they?

So it's all good if they shoot whoever, that's how things work right?

So it is a double standard that needs to be resolved.

Police shouldn't be shooting anyone either.

But if they decide too, it's not considered murder even though typically it's easily construed in that perspective.

Well Muzzle,Thats what we have Laws for,and thats why laws can be changed. Personally,LEO's should be held to the HIGHEST standing,since they are there to uphold the Law. People can vote in someone that is going to change them. They could protest for the laws to be changed. I believe if you have 1 million pi$$ed off people march to ANY Capital building,and demand it,you could probably get a bill/law changed in a month.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yeah protesters do not have a license to kill since that what we are talking about.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Great two wrongs make a right thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

One flier by an individual does not represent OWS in fact no individual does.

OWS is as a whole an amazingly peaceful protest and advocates no violence on any side.

link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

That question, even without an answer, makes most “law-abiding taxpayers” go into knee-jerk conniptions. The indoctrinated masses all race to see who can be first, and loudest, to proclaim that it is NEVER okay to forcibly resist “law enforcement.” In doing so, they also inadvertently demonstrate why so much of human history has been plagued by tyranny and oppression.

www.copblock.org...

No twisting of fact's here doesn't sound like any Teap Partier i know.

link   
reply to post by neo96

We all know that if you were aware of this fact, you would never have posted it.

But, the fact that anyone printed and distributed these fliers is very disturbing. He just brought the hammer down on the entire "movement"

link   
He's right. And if you read the flier, you'd see why cops generally walk on eggshells in AZ and are for the most part very well mannered, courteous and reserved, while they are still effectively able to carry out their duties. I has been kind of an unsaid understanding here for the most part till this flier surfaced. Out here, I agree, cops really are just another gang, group, or club because we are able to arm ourselves as much as we'd like to outside of federal buildings.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

You mean like the broad brush that the Tea Party gets painted with?

The fact is that flier and that ideology has no place in modern society.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yeah Sorry close thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

As requested

closed

new topics

top topics

join