It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turning The Tables: What On Earth Makes People Think Aliens Are Not Here?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I believe they very well could be here, but I have seen no hard evidence. They only things I have are poor quality videos, poor quality pictures, and testimony from people who say they have seen it. Everything can be easily faked.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I feel that IF and its a big IF! but if they are here... maybe they are waiting? waiting for us to discover something.. maybe you have to prove your worthiness by demonstrating the ability to like... I don't know break the speed of light? (which may I add we recently did!!!) Maybe space travel is impossible to do, and that means aliens just like us are stranded on their planets wondering... wondering like we are.

Maybe all life in the universe is related some how...

Maybe we are it. I wish we could answer these questions. I really do. Ugh.

Sometimes it is quite depressing to wonder. I try not too
edit on 30-10-2011 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead

On what basis do you discern between reality and falsehood?

That I saw one once, with friends and others who were strangers.
What we all saw was not earth technology and yet...
It WAS technology.
I heard it put that way once and it describes the experience well.
All my interest on the subject stems from that, so I know they exist.
The only other thing I have to say on the subject is if you don't let that garden gnome out of your closet pretty soon. you're gonna be sorry.

edit on 30-10-2011 by intrptr because: woops...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
You see, people like myself are always asked what makes me know aliens are here on earth. I have a multitude of answers for then, all very credible. But when the tables are turned and I ask the question, "what on earth makes you think they are not here", then you will find that there is no credible scientific fact thats says they are not or cannot be on earth.

If we are becaomming more advanced each day then I am sure we have the attention of ET by now, for the simple reason, in 200 years from now, if we are still around, will we pose a possible threat to them, maybe having the capability to blow up a star for example. You better believe we are under the alien microscope.

"there is no law of physics preventing time travel", indeed, scientists have also come up with a multitude of diffrent models for faster than light travel.

So this goes out to the "non-believers", show me one thing which proves aliens cannot come to earth and are not here now?

I doubt if any sensible person asks you for your opinion about aliens without you first broaching the subject to initiate what must result in a dumb conversation for you have no evidence whatsoever for the reality of aliens, no one does.

And you use the term "non-believers" as if you knew what creates beliefs.

Move on, you are not turning any tables.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DFAmajestic

In a day and age where tarring and feathering are no longer accepted as punishment for disagreeing with society, is laughing, discrediting topics and calling people crazy any different?

This isn't a matter of stupidity, and in fact there is this idea that abduction only happens to rednecks, or only the uneducated believe UFOs. But isn't that part of the problem? Why is it that the educated, and people with a voice are at the front of the denial parade?

Why are the people who should know better than anyone pulling the wool over their own eyes? and why have they always done this?

Look at ATS on a number of subjects. There are clearly some very deluded people out there. So how do you tell the difference between somebody's delusion and a genuine telling of an incident? Clearly evidence, it is the ONLY thing that allows us to tell the difference. Peoples relating of incidents is reasonable evidence but you cannot take it on spec without some cross referencing of the incident. Just because somebody has a uniform does not meant that whatever they say must be the truth! Again look at ATS on the subject of police! Also remember that UFO's are a superb cover story for secret airforce tech!!!!

We live in an age where the quality of cameras has improved beyond all recognition from 30 years ago and as for the quantity! Jesus H, almost everybody has one. We should be swimming in vast quantities of photos and videos, but oh no we are still having orgasms over chinese lanterns and 3 pixel wide white dots in the night sky!

It is ironic that the change in quantity and quality of camera technology does more to prove the lack of UFO's and aliens.

Just for the record : I believe the universe is full of life, the sheer range of environmental conditions shows that life exists wherever there is liquid water. You don't need the sun or Oxygen! The laws of physics as we currently understand them limit space travel to sub light speed meaning visitation is impossible. However, that does not mean this could'nt change, I believe it probably will. However, you then hit the numbers problem : if you can travel to a star in 1 day you can spend your lifetime travelling and never find any life even when there are billions of planets with life.......the numbers are that vast. So visitation will only occur because they or we know of each other BEFORE travelling. This means signals in space..........we are still listening.

I have to admit some of the historical imagery is fascinating and lends itself to the interpretation of visitiation in the past. I would just like to know why they stopped or rather continue to "appear" in blurred mode at night.
edit on 30/10/11 by malcr because: grammar

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Distance.

There is life out there, with the same problems we have to travel intersteller.

Now, unless they've been working at space travel for over 100,000 years, I doubt they will be here anytime soon.

UFO's on the other hand, orbs, or energy, stuff like that, I believe is some kind of conscious bioluminescent species

Why would life elsewhere have the same problems we have to travel interstellar?

Every race of beings is not on the same 'level' as Earthlings....think about it.

In our galaxy alone, we are a part of one of the youngest solar systems formed....and Earth itself being one of the youngest planets in our solar system....

Imagine evolution occurring in some of the older solar systems, in some of the older galaxies...

There are civilizations who have had at least a billion year head start on Earthlings.....

Most with the capability of interstellar space travel before Earth was even formed

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You see, people like myself are always asked what makes me know aliens are here on earth. I have a multitude of answers for then, all very credible. But when the tables are turned and I ask the question, "what on earth makes you think they are not here", then you will find that there is no credible scientific fact thats says they are not or cannot be on earth.

Yes, there are credible scientific facts. One of them is that the laws of physics apply everywhere and to everyone in the Universe (hence "universal laws of physics"). Inter-stellar and even more so Inter-galactic travel is as challenging to ETs as it is to us, no matter how advanced they are.

I also find it curious that not only have they overcome those laws of physics, but they also apparently come from a Planet with identical or nearly identical properties as Earth. It must have the same mass and gravitational forces, the same atmospheric conditions and at least very similar food sources. Why? Because all contact stories talk about Grays (or other entities) that apparently are very accustomed to Earths gravitation - they don't float (as they would if their Planet's gravitational force would be stronger than ours) or have difficulty moving about (as they would if their Planet had a weaker gravitational force than ours). They breath the same air, hence the chemical composition of the air on their Planet must be the same as ours. The atmospheric pressure must be identical too, as they're not being crushed or blown up like a balloon by the atmospheric conditions on Earth. I haven't seen or heard a description of Grays or another "alien race" needing a space suit to live on Earth. Strange.

"there is no law of physics preventing time travel", indeed, scientists have also come up with a multitude of diffrent models for faster than light travel.

Not sure where or why time travel comes in here but hey, it's your thread. Anyways, as a matter of fact, there are a myriad of problems with time travel. i.e. You can't travel back in time farther than to the point where the time machine was invented. I don't know of a multitude of models for traveling faster than the speed of light. I take it you talk about wormholes. Technically, an object traveling through a wormhole still isn't faster than the speed of light, a photon entering the wormhole at the same time as your space ship, would still be faster than you (again, e=mc2 applies to aliens too), it just takes a short cut through time/space, therefore bridges a distance faster than a photon having to use the LWA ("long way around"). But I agree, that of course would be good enough, who cares about semantics when we talk about science, right?. Agreed, theoretical physics and general relativity allows for wormholes to be possible. The problem only is: The energy required to create a wormhole and keeping it stable and making it big enough for a space ship is so enormous, it probably would require all energy in the universe. But lets say you could do that, what happens then? The moment the space ship enters the wormhole, the "tip" of the space ship gets accelerated to just under light speed while the rest of the space ship still is outside of the wormhole. Long story short, your aliens would most likely be a nice ball of pulp, when they come here. Just make the calculation with the assumption that your space ship has a mass of just 1 metric ton and accelerate it to light speed (e=mc2), then look at the numbers you arrive at for the energy and the mass your space ship (and its crew) will have when it approaches light speed... enough said.

Another thing: the exit point of the wormhole would create such a spectacular light show that when your space ship exits, you'd actually have your proof of alien visitation. Not even the most sinister government conspiracy could cover up that one.

Oh yeah, one more thing (to quote the late Steve Jobs): Let's say the aliens can do all that, there is one more problem: for them, the travel time from their planet to ours would, let's say, take only seconds. However, to us, it would still be millions of years. Given the almost daily UFO sightings, a whole slew of alien civilisations must have decided to visit Earth a few million years ago and drop in right around the same time. Which also means, one cannot have met the same UFO crew if they're going back and forth between Earth and their planet. Time is relative, remember?

So this goes out to the "non-believers", show me one thing which proves aliens cannot come to earth and are not here now?

Well, I showed you a few things. May I turn the table back now?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Turning The Tables: What On Earth Makes People Think Aliens Are Not Here?

I have never seen a creature with a leg on its head and it is all in rainbow colors (talking about a completely madeup creature not existing), so because I haven't seen it, it must be existing as I wouldnt know? Same logic by turning the table and saying 'just because we dont have solid proof they are here, doesnt mean they are not here'

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Fact, no, but objective mainstream science leads to the following chain of thought:

a) the laws of physics as we know them show no practical form of gravitational control or faster than light travel. All the theoretical discussions about time travel require either hypothesis of exotic matter for which there is no experimental evidence or hypothetical control of black holes, which requires astonishing energy and technology.

b) if a civilization were advanced enough to figure out problems from class (a) then they would be both very far above us and prevalent, and we would have seen their electromagnetic emissions, somehow, somewhere in the galaxy. We have not. This is true even if they have advanced to use other forms of communications: all avenues open to physics will be used in some capacity. On earth, even though we use more fiber optics now, there is still substantial radio transmission. An ET civilization which has spread to hundreds/thousands of planets (and thus make it likely they could have been on Earth) would have left SOME evidence somewhere. Just the 'waste emission' would have been detectable.

So, if we had seen structured emissions from multiple star systems, then I would be willing to believe that somehow ETs have solved the physics problems in (a) even though we don't have a clue how that would work.

Basically I think the sky should have lit up with civilization (like looking at nighttime Earth) from the first serious radio telescope survey.
edit on 30-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by theruthlessone

Whats more, if thats the best you can do, I guess I totally floored you on this debate

a truly profound flooring, good sir.... I'm floored by your flooring, I'm monumentally moved. How devastatingly ingenious... how awe-inspiring of you to enlighten the thoughts of such a staggering thread
edit on 30-10-2011 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2011 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I know why they're not here... our atmosphere is our greatest deterrent.... it works like a filter.. filtrating anything unearthly and harmful to our precious planet. Perhaps I've read too much War of the Worlds or perhaps it actually holds much corresponding scientific speculations towards the applicability for this matter of contention.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

My simple answer is that I have not seen one, nor have I seen a UFO. Though, I will have to admit I have a childhood friend that claims to have seen one with four others in the car they were in. This "thing" hovered over their car and they all got out and looked up...then she tells the story that it went up and they all jumped back in the car and tried to chase it, but to no avail; it was gone. I believe her story as it took her twenty years after the fact to tell me. She was around 14 when it happened and I've known her since she was four and I was five.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by yourmaker
Distance.

There is life out there, with the same problems we have to travel intersteller.

Now, unless they've been working at space travel for over 100,000 years, I doubt they will be here anytime soon.

UFO's on the other hand, orbs, or energy, stuff like that, I believe is some kind of conscious bioluminescent species

Why would life elsewhere have the same problems we have to travel interstellar?

Every race of beings is not on the same 'level' as Earthlings....think about it.

In our galaxy alone, we are a part of one of the youngest solar systems formed....and Earth itself being one of the youngest planets in our solar system....

Imagine evolution occurring in some of the older solar systems, in some of the older galaxies...

There are civilizations who have had at least a billion year head start on Earthlings.....

Most with the capability of interstellar space travel before Earth was even formed

please read my other posts in this thread. I touched on those exact concerns of yours.
one was the possibility that they could have a different elemental base, which their technologies would be able to advance much more rapidly then we could anticipate. that was my first post and I slowly changed my theory.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin
I know why they're not here... our atmosphere is our greatest deterrent.... it works like a filter.. filtrating anything unearthly and harmful to our precious planet. Perhaps I've read too much War of the Worlds or perhaps it actually holds much corresponding scientific speculations towards the applicability for this matter of contention.

If that were true, then that mean no astronaut nor satellite has ever left Earth....

They are able to re-enter our atmosphere because of the special material that craft is made from in order to withstand the heat and dangers of re-entry.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What On Earth Makes People Think the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not God?
edit on 30-10-2011 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin

If that were true, then that mean no astronaut nor satellite has ever left Earth....

They are able to re-enter our atmosphere because of the special material that craft is made from in order to withstand the heat and dangers of re-entry.

if we are alone... it'd be an awful waste of space

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
what would be evidence in a world that still has trouble figuring out if women are fully human or not
there are some people on this very planet that don't think animals can feel pain or a whole host of other things

I have my evidence but
I am a woman
and I have seen dogs and other animals run from human abuse and or predators
so theory #two is answered (for me)

what would evidence be?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

If we are becaomming more advanced each day then I am sure we have the attention of ET by now, for the simple reason, in 200 years from now, if we are still around, will we pose a possible threat to them, maybe having the capability to blow up a star for example. You better believe we are under the alien microscope.

You can not prove a negative. Prove to me that this is not a dream and you are real. With your reasoning the fact there is no scientific evidence of it being a dream does not prove it is not a dream. Therefore I am going to believe you do not exist until you PROVE you do.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I dont see any reason to believe aliens are definitely here

Im open to possibilities, but until i see more then some blurry videos and a bunch of so called "evidence" on the internet i wont be completely convinced.

Wheres the proof? I wanna see it! Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, which is hard to produce given all the noise.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I don't know, but I have always wondered why several times when I was young, the sun came up immediately upon setting after only a few hours.

This ever happen to anyone else?
edit on 31-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join