Turning The Tables: What On Earth Makes People Think Aliens Are Not Here?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The ignorant believe that an absence of evidence is evidence of an absence.
Which is a logical fallacy.

Don't bother trying to convince them. Just my opinion.

then you are highly mistaken, pointing out a lack of evidence and saying until someone finds evidence of aliens visiting earth, i will conclude they don't, is perfectly reasonable.
the evidence claimed to prove aliens visiting earth is so poor and easily questionable it doesn't help either.

the idea that life other than on earth couldn't exist is refuted by current science, aliens abducting people from their beds and doing things to them hasn't been.

the only real evidence that would suffice for everyone would be a physical alien, blood from an alien, or a space ship, heavily examined by credible people.
of course you would say not to bother trying to convince us, you can't because your argument rests on the subjective and circumstantial. there is no objective evidence, and it mostly turns out to be lies.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat

then you are highly mistaken, pointing out a lack of evidence and saying until someone finds evidence of aliens visiting earth, i will conclude they don't, is perfectly reasonable.

You cannot justify a logical fallacy.

The Reasonable approach is to remain open to all possibilities and refrain from investing in any belief until you finally find out the truth through 1st hand observation.

This is clearly the best route.

Door's 1 and 2 are traps. Door 3 is the way out.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

"So this goes out to the "non-believers", show me one thing which proves aliens cannot come to earth and are not here now? "
show me fairies don't exist at the bottom of my garden.
the very lack of evidence of alien visitation that can't be verified supports the lack of them doing so.
i hold the null hypothesis, that aliens don't visit due to lack of evidence that would otherwise be found.

also: show me an alien, because that is the only convincing evidence.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

You cannot justify a logical fallacy.

it isn't a logical fallacy.

The Reasonable approach is to remain open to all possibilities and refrain from investing in any belief until you finally find out the truth through 1st hand observation.

i am, until someone shows real evidence, i see no reason to accept it. just because i'm not accepting it doesn't mean i'm not open to.

This is clearly the best route.

Door's 1 and 2 are traps. Door 3 is the way out.

thats nice...
edit on 29-10-2011 by demongoat because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-10-2011 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

1st hand information is when you finally know the truth.

may i draw your attention to :

1st hand information , you were saying ?
edit on 29-10-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here is the crappy end of the stick . Since it hasn't happened to them and it did to you , your experience is less valid than if they had seen it . No one asked really to have seen one or even two for that matter , because you have no pics or vid makes it a more demeaning experience when you try to tell people . When you do have evidence , that isn't good enough either .

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
people that dont believe in them are just narrow minded sheople - being potty trained by the government

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by intrptr

if you believe our DNA was " encoded " , who " encoded " the encoders DNA - welcome to the fun of infinite regression

Thank you for that reply. Kind of like folding a piece of paper until it "winks out" of our space time? Or tearing a piece of paper in half again and again until it "winks out" of same?
What's bigger than the Universe?
Or smaller than the smallest thing they find in colliders?
But I digress...
My answer is that I believe in Infinity or Eternity or whatever we call it now.
Since I believe in no beginning and no end, then I believe whomever wrote life's code had a lot of time to work it out. Of course, my mind being stuck in the third dimension, it is a difficult concept to grasp.
I can see it(DNA) exists.
I can see the Genius of it.
The necessity of it.
The practicality of it.
And therefore I can see the "handiwork" of it as well.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110
Here is the crappy end of the stick . Since it hasn't happened to them and it did to you , your experience is less valid than if they had seen it . No one asked really to have seen one or even two for that matter , because you have no pics or vid makes it a more demeaning experience when you try to tell people . When you do have evidence , that isn't good enough either .

in the modern world empirical evidence is what most people are looking for, at the low end is all the current junk used as "evidence" by the ufologists and believers, ie: testimonies, circumstantial evidence, internet videos, unsourced reports.
at the high end is the physical evidence: parts of aliens, blood,dna, space ships, majority sightings.
sure you can doubt anything, but harder to remain credible if thousands of people saw something and recorded it.
corroborating evidence is how science works, not one or two guys seeing something.

the evidence for aliens is just poor, and it doesn't help that people refuse to answer important questions.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SativaDub
people that dont believe in them are just narrow minded sheople - being potty trained by the government

right because your narrowminded personal attacks on people for not accepting your pet beliefs is proof of them being narrow minded.
hypocrisy? yes, yes i believe it is.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
OP asks, what on earth makes people think aliens are not here?
There was a time when others thought that We were the only life in the Universe. That Earth was at the center of all that existed. That everything revolved around us.
What arrogance. What Ego-centricity.
What is the count of species up to now? Twenty million and climbing? On this dust speck we call earth? This one speck? Now gaze:

You mean to tell me that all you saw was matter? And no life? at all?
Stuck in the middle ages.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Here is a scenario of a live feed from those powers that be . A montage of routine day to day duties on the ISS . According to info provided from those same powers that be , is that there are only humans on the ISS . When during their montage an unknown object traverses across the screen and back again . Assuming that the people on board have not seriously messed up and an incident is playing out before your eyes and thousands of others . What would you classify the object as being and since there has been talk of abandoning the ISS .

Has something put them into panic mode as a result of said object ?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Chill dude. I was being sarcastic. Many people are incapable of belief without seeing or "proof" (whatever that means). I was role playing to make a point.
See?

edit: Good thread by the way. Like these kind.
edit on 29-10-2011 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
all one has to do is look up. i see pulsing orbs enter and exit our atmosphere at least once a week. i work midnights and can see these things clearly. you have got to be just brain dead or dumb not to notice these ufos. they're everywhere! put down the mouses and use your own eyes.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
There ARE people that have went to the grave saying they had seen either aliens or alien bodies. This is a FACT. Whether this means there was an actual alien or alien body is the question. Maybe it was a hallucination? Maybe they're lying? Maybe it was a misidentification?

Who knows what their reasons are?

Putting that side...

I have a deep 'belief' in the core of my being that there is more to this reality than meets the eye. There're other beings out there, far beyond our understanding. Just as we're to ants, they're to us. I cannot, no matter how hard I try, deny this. It's simply there. There's also an urge to connect to the universe. A desire to know it. But I have deep reservations and fears.

In fact, I believe Fermi's Paradox proves either that aliens do not want us to know about them or we do not want to know about them. I cannot believe we're alone here on this rock. It may be that we have made some measure of contact, but it's so meager that it's nearly forgotten.

If we're alone then I am eating my words.

Imagine what millons of years might do to a species as advanced as ourselves? Might it be that we would become supernatural, able to cross dimensions and whole galaxies in seconds? Could we literally become a kind of god, an essence, a cloud, that fills every empty place? If it were true, what concern would this god have for us? Are we just ants? Or is it something else?

Sometimes I wonder if the aliens are angels/demons/gods. Maybe we will see them when we die. Maybe we see them when we sleep. Or maybe we see them through some other method. I'm not even religious anymore. But sometimes I play with the idea that aliens evolved to a supernatural state that pervades the whole universe. We may ourselves be part of them. I cannot imagine how something so advanced would have any concern for us unless we ourselves are them.

I am not a spiritualist. I am not religious. I was at one time a christian. But that was years ago. For much time now I have been an atheist or agnostic. I strive to be rationale, but I am weak to impulse. These thoughts are only conjecture. I don't BELIEVE in a god. I just sometimes wonder.

Maybe the aliens are all around us? Inside us? Who knows. Maybe we ARE alone.

I will probably die before getting much further in my quest. It's very common. When you look at history, death is the most common thing that happens. Answers are rarely if ever found.

Maybe death is our ticket to FTL travel. Lets just hope hell isn't on the other end. But deaht could also be our end, just as we always suspected. We're just cells, bound by rules. And if ants cannot have after-life then why do we deserve it? Maybe we're the ants of this universe?

More than likely, we will fade like a star when we die, increasingly unaware of it - like a dream.
edit on 29-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Exactly. The whole earth has given us an example of what life is. I would expect the rest of the universe to reflect what we see here, more or less. We're arrogant to think we're special.

But that doesn't reduce the fear of death and the pain and suffering in the world. I believe that when we see this, we immediately desire to deny it. We use spiritualism, religion and other tools. It's an example of cognitive dissonance. We refuse to acknowledge the hopelessness. We refuse to acknowledge that the dead are gone forever and that there's no judge in the sky to preside over those who do good and those who do bad. We refuse to believe we're just cells.

I heard that most of the dna in the human body isn't human. 7 to 1 is non-human and bacterial.

We probably come from bacteria/viruses that drifted here on comets/asteroids.

Reality is only an illusion with respect to our steadfast denial of its hopelessness. I think that we're slaves to our cells and everything around us. We don't want to admit that this is true. People kill senselessly. So much suffering. So much wrong. So much is lost. It's so despairing.

HOw would we change if we admitted the hopelessness of this world? Instead of denying it? People deny it a million different ways. I deny it every day by reading books and playing games. I think "positive" thoughts about technology and realism. But, in sum, I'm just denying that there's MUCH pain and suffering in the world. I'm just a sore loser, is all. A coward.

I believe that a more advanced humanity is more empathetic and global. In fact, a more advanced human society is so at odds with the present world that it belongs in sci-fi. We're, literally, at each others throats. We're one big human family but we deny our relationship. We kill ourselves. Yet, even still, I believe we're still learning, still evolving. This game of life isn't over.

We will go on and on. My ranting here is meaningless. I may as well say nothing.

Maybe all of the things here reflect more about me than anybody else.

PS: Go here: gillevin.com... (to find out about the real ET)
edit on 29-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The entire premise of your thread is flawed. You are asking us to prove that aliens aren't visiting the earth. One cannot prove a negative.

This is why the burden of proof lies with those who are making extraordinary claims (namely, you claiming that aliens are visiting the earth.) I will need to see proof, and darn good proof at that, before I believe your claim.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Chill dude. I was being sarcastic. Many people are incapable of belief without seeing or "proof" (whatever that means). I was role playing to make a point.
See?

edit: Good thread by the way. Like these kind.
edit on 29-10-2011 by intrptr because: additional...

Well what is the alternative? Believing something without proof?

If I claim that I have a living garden gnome locked in my closet, will you believe me? On what basis do you discern between reality and falsehood?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone

there is ZERO credible evidence

SIMPLE............

and i belive there is other life but without evidence no one can be sure

J. Allen Hynek would like to have a word with you.

en.wikipedia.org...

He was hired as a skeptic to debunk UFOs, he later became a believer that some UFOs were in fact extraterrestrial in origin.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by intrptr

Exactly. The whole earth has given us an example of what life is. I would expect the rest of the universe to reflect what we see here, more or less. We're arrogant to think we're special.

So you see it too. You just said it better than me.

My ranting here is meaningless. I may as well say nothing.

Don't be silly. See above.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join