It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turning The Tables: What On Earth Makes People Think Aliens Are Not Here?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Evolution! ...........

web.mit.edu...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Why do you see what you see? No one would believe okapi exist unless they saw one in a picture or in real life. Just because you havent see something doesnt mean it does not exist lol, however there are people who have seen aliens. Have you seen a okapi? If not then how do you know they exist? I havent seen a okapi, but I know they exist because I trust the people who have seen them because they appear as upstanding individuals.

If honest people come up to me and tell me that they saw an alien then who am I to disbelieve them. I was not there so I must trust my judgement to the fact of if they are telling me the truth. Well, thr people whom have seen aliens on nearly all occasions never change their story, and they go to their grave without changing thier story. That alone should persuade you as to the truth.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Here we go again with a very high source in the military told me top secrets on the fly and the courts will believe it.

If this deputy commander? (and I was in the military) committed treason to you then he wouldn't mind doing it here. you already gave him up.

Have him come on and verify the claims.

This is not an email but a social site that "many" read for one reason or another and your special friend would have been nailed instantly just from your hints.

I know how they operate, have him come on board and verify since his secret cover is blown.
edit on 29-10-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

"What On Earth Makes People Think Aliens Are Not Here?"

Well, much the same thing as makes me think my house isn't full of gremlins, Ben Nevis isn't made out of straw and that a hundred thousand fairies don't live in the White House.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

If the universe is 13.8ish billion yrs old! There has to be older planets supporting life of some kind! I`d have to guess that some had technology billions of years before our earth was born. Some planet somewhere must sur passed distance/time barriers.
A quick question : what is the fastest thing you can think of? I believe the answer is in the question.
Neil

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by intrptr

Evolution! ...........

Thats akin to saying that the software program we are using just evolved over time... by itself?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Greetings to you, TheMindWar. They are not only here, they have been here all the time. We are a part of them, and they a part of us. Humanity is a great deal bigger than most people realize. We are all over the Universe. Some live in the higher dimensions, so we do not see them. From microcosm to macrocosm we go on and on. That which animates us is Divine in nature, a force of energy that is quite powerful. You might say a God or a Goddess in training, be readied to go forth and create life in abundance. Spirit is not a static thing at all, it is very dynamic in it's very nature. Spirit exists on many different levels of development and in many dimensions of time and space. Spirit is Immortal.
One day everyone will be aware of that.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neileboy

If the universe is 13.8ish billion yrs old! There has to be older planets supporting life of some kind! I`d have to guess that some had technology billions of years before our earth was born. Some planet somewhere must sur passed distance/time barriers.
A quick question : what is the fastest thing you can think of? I believe the answer is in the question.
Neil

without question, life has the possibility to travel into space among the stars. It's been proven.

the technological capability of an advanced species is far out of our ability to comprehend, thus we relate it to human technologies.

their tech could be born out of a completely different elemental base and that could speed up the process of advancement.

which is why in my reply I added, "Now, unless they've been working at space travel for over 100,000 years, I doubt they will be here anytime soon."

a billion year technological advance would be beyond what we see, feel, touch, and even imagine.
the possibilities are endless.

but the catch is, we could be the very first civilization in the universe. or the very last. it is not certain.

but I feel we are in the direct centre of the timeline and there are thousands of species, planets and civilizations.
and that some UFO's could be probes from our galaxy, mapping out star systems and planets and ours is simply the next.

imagine if and when they come to check it out for themselves.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

As i stated, there have been hundreds of methods that allow for time travel alone, indeed, what you are saying here is scientifically inaccurate. We know by bending space we can travel faster than light. Check the scoentific research on quantum mechanics, you will see, distance is no longer a problem. One can manipulate a particle here on earth and another on the other side of the galaxy will interact at exactly the same time. If you think distance is a problem you really should do a little more research because you are ill informed.

if there were hundreds of methods for time travel, you'd think one of them would've worked by now and there would be undeniable truth that one can in fact.

starships would be composed of particles so you'd be teleporting it, no?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i would say that in a supposedly infinite universe it would be foolish not to consider even assume that there is most definitely life on other planets, even if not in our own galaxy

what 'life' might look like is always questionable, but one of the top reasons ive always heard that disagrees with the idea of life on other planets is that earth's conditions are so specific,...i.e. fresh water, sunlight, gravitational protection from the moon.

But that would be assuming other life forms would need these things. Even on our own planet there are things that survive in 'unlivable' conditions.

So aliens and freakyness aside in an open minded and scientifically interested society (which we claim to be) you would think that the smart would feel differently on a large scale about the possibility of life on other planets.

However this topic is continuously met with ridicule, an unwillingness to discuss the topic seriously, and sometimes it just makes people uncomfortable..

So why is it throughout history we have always denied ourselves the possibility that may change our incorrect beliefs? Our parents tell us when were young "oh we used thing the world was square...we were so stupid"! and then followed by "aliens are not real...that's impossible"

Sound familiar?

In a day and age where tarring and feathering are no longer accepted as punishment for disagreeing with society, is laughing, discrediting topics and calling people crazy any different?

This isn't a matter of stupidity, and in fact there is this idea that abduction only happens to rednecks, or only the uneducated believe UFOs. But isn't that part of the problem? Why is it that the educated, and people with a voice are at the front of the denial parade?

Why are the people who should know better than anyone pulling the wool over their own eyes? and why have they always done this?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone

there is ZERO credible evidence

SIMPLE............

and i belive there is other life but without evidence no one can be sure

For those who have not seen this interesting video.

The problem I have with it all, I spend hours watching beautifully made documentaries by David Attenborough where his camera crews sit and wait for months to film 5 minutes of a rare event in HD video and this is the best we can come up with when it comes to UFO's and Stuff.

Anyway it's still good to viewing.

UFO Vigilantes

Otto

Fd

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neileboy

Neil

We do not know enough about the structure of spacetime to say "but the distances"...

Besides- compare the currently known age of our solar system, vs the currently known age of the universe, & understand that yes, it is a possibility that a civilization could have been working on space travel for WELL OVER 100 000 yrs.

Of course yourmaker did not discount the possibility, just said that "unless they were".

People (yes, you- everyone) tend to fall back on societal conditioning & limiting belief systems that are there strictly to CONTROL. ie-religion- yes totally discount, "debunk", automatically ignore, gloss over, & usually (unconciously) employ confimational bias to support their need to be followers of the powers that be. Like a baby in a stroller that may think "airplanes? BS they don't exist! MY MOM pushes me around everywhere!".

Mindwar has the right idea- We have opened the door just a crack as far as quantum physics is concerned.It's hardly a complete field of knowledge. We've only just begun to explore this, & we've already found astonishing possibilities. Everywhere I notice that peoples scope of vision is so small, hence they start to believe in religions more that anything else.

Most people have far to small a vison to explore any real possibilities, & assumptions assumptions assumptions are piled up like architecture to support narrow viewpoints & ill-informed opinions. Manipulation & conditioning can go very very deep. So deep you follow along willingly without even knowing you do. You may even argue against the possibility to everyone & behave like someone with stockholm syndrome.

Therefore, flame away, all "sheeple". You domn't like what you see about someone else, because it is just a projection of a weakness within yourself, onto others.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Think we are the product of alien comet that carried the basic elements to make life.Yes we are alien but millions of years of evolution makes us forget our microbe comet ancestry lol.The theory is comet came to rocky earth and water came with it.And over millions of years and evolution we have planet earth with all its different species..man been top of the canopy.So yes theres no reason why this has not happened in our never ending galaxies a lot of times and no reason,our world leading scientists ie NASA has not and/or is in communication with them.That blue planet has a lot of wilderness above and BELOW the oceans.So who knows...the truth is out there..X-FILE music playing..lol

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Look dude, I swear to you that I've seen one before. In the flesh, but I can not prove it.
I know what I saw, I know I'm a credible source, and most importantly, I've dissected many possibilities with friends, family, colleagues, and peers on what else it could have been.
I didn't tell them it was me who saw it, because it could possibly have a negative outcome on how they perceive me. And it's not because I was unsure of what I had seen, it's because I have no proof, other than my word.

And even if there was proof, you have to factor in the possibility that the person you are presenting it to may not be able to accept what he/she is viewing at that time, or ever.

Once the proof is on a global scale, all will be forced to live the reality that aliens DO exist, and then have to cope with it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Aliens are here that's all I see and hear, I've never met any, everyone has never met any. You say there is no proof that they are not here, then where is the solid proof that they are your argument is floored.
The internet is full of s##t, abductions, disclosure, reptillions and so on. Its all talk proof or its false.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The ignorant believe that an absence of evidence is evidence of an absence.
Which is a logical fallacy.

Don't bother trying to convince them. Just my opinion.

And thats why you just believe everything? Why don´t you believe in fairies and dragons? theres also no evidence ob an absence but only absence of evidence for them.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1987

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The ignorant believe that an absence of evidence is evidence of an absence.
Which is a logical fallacy.

Don't bother trying to convince them. Just my opinion.

And thats why you just believe everything? Why don´t you believe in fairies and dragons? theres also no evidence ob an absence but only absence of evidence for them.

I prefer not to believe anything. It's hard to refrain from belief in many matters however I concede.

What I like the best is to "know" something by witnessing it as fact in reality first hand.
That's what it's about, Knowing.

Belief is silly in comparison.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

if you believe our DNA was " encoded " , who " encoded " the encoders DNA - welcome to the fun of infinite regression

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

are you implying that believers use the absence of evidence as evidence that aliens are here ?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by muzzleflash

are you implying that believers use the absence of evidence as evidence that aliens are here ?

Hmmm...I don't think so exactly.

I would have to say that 'believers' and 'non-believers' are both performing the same mental procedure, they are making assumptions and determinations off of 2nd or 3rd hand information and using their imagination and reasoning to come up with their personal opinion/conclusion.

1st hand information is when you finally know the truth.

If you haven't seen, than all you can do is guess. A lot of people tend to "believe" in their guesstimates.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join