It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turning The Tables: What On Earth Makes People Think Aliens Are Not Here?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

Well thats a blatent lie and total rubbish, I have just given you one tiny peice of solid evidence above that would convict in court.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The ignorant believe that an absence of evidence is evidence of an absence.
Which is a logical fallacy.

Don't bother trying to convince them. Just my opinion.

It kind of defines who the sheeple are .

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

As i stated, there have been hundreds of methods that allow for time travel alone, indeed, what you are saying here is scientifically inaccurate. We know by bending space we can travel faster than light. Check the scoentific research on quantum mechanics, you will see, distance is no longer a problem. One can manipulate a particle here on earth and another on the other side of the galaxy will interact at exactly the same time. If you think distance is a problem you really should do a little more research because you are ill informed.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Well thats a blatent lie and total rubbish, I have just given you one tiny peice of solid evidence above that would convict in court.

You know there are countless military personal, police and government officials who would also testify in court that there is nothing.

That could also be used for acquittal ...don't forget for every bit of evidence you may have there is counter evidence ...if you are just going on hearsay.

So there is absolutely no evidence to help your cause...just blurry lights in the sky.....stories(hearsay) basically you got nothing....if you have your little military men, police and etc....there are others of the same type who would say no there isn't. So who do we believe....I would believe the ones that have the evidence to back up the claims...the ones against aliens being here.

You guys just have faith...to the rest of us this ain't good enough.....might as well call you guys a religion.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

why would it convict in court because one man says he has touched one now correct me if im wrong but that would not persude a jury haha that has made me chuckle

i have no doubt there is abundance of life in the universe but there is not one CREDIBLE shred of evidence

and in court to convict you have to bee 100% with no reasonable doubt

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The ignorant believe that an absence of evidence is evidence of an absence.
Which is a logical fallacy.

Don't bother trying to convince them. Just my opinion.

It kind of defines who the sheeple are .

Is we who are the sheeple..or the believers?

To me it is the believers....think about it.

You people just follow the latest person who claims to have evidence and will follow this person like they are your new leader or messiah. Quite pathetic..

So tell me who is the sheeple?

Also ...really?...sheeple?....that term is so overused, it is like you guys just aren't original.

Well I guess you can't expect much from a group that constantly has brains farts and posts hoax YouTube videos or stories...

edit on 29-10-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The fear and threats of persecution and prosecution have been know to have a desired effect of compliance .

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog8110

and would this stop the superior " alien " races from revealing themselves as well

hahaha you guys go on about critical thought and thinking out of the box but your all soooooooo tunnel vision'd its embarrassing it really is

baaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaa

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The fear and threats of persecution and prosecution have been know to have a desired effect of compliance .

If this threat was as real as you think it was....then these so-called ex-military or government people would not be coming forth.

Then again when your full of it...why would the government bother...let them spread BS.

It is just another excuse that believers have for their lack of evidence.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

If this threat was as real as you think it was....then these so-called ex-military or government people would not be coming forth.

Then again when your full of it...why would the government bother...let them spread BS.

It is just another excuse that believers have for their lack of evidence.

So when the government says they believe that there was WMDs and omg there was none , how would you care to defend that ?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

So when the government says they believe that there was WMDs and omg there was none , how would you care to defend that ?

Faulty Intel...followed by embarrassment...

Got some crap Intel...found nothing but by then it was too late...and to pull out after would have made the Bush administration look even more idiotic than it already was.

Anyways lata...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Well, the government of America back in the 50's were good at mind control, and we are talking about the 50's, i am sure that by now they could make any one of us believe that we were a carrot or anything else that they so desired for us to believe, these things about mind control are well published and documented.

I am sure they are capable of creating people to follow whatever agenda that it is they want the rest of us to believe and follow. Once in the military at a high position, i think you can be manipulated to do whatever and once that has happened, it can happen time and time again, like i say i am sure they are expert at it by now.

Also if there were aliens, the logical thing for them to do would be to work themselves into high government and promote their on kind to the same level therby taking over eventually and leaving the rest of us screwed.

then again, way all governments are reacting perhaps this has already happened lol (sarcasm off)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by brommas

any alien race that had the "tech" to travel the immense distance it would take to get here wouldn't need to shape shift into us to take control of us and our little ancient to them ways

they could destroy us and take whatever they wanted and if they was that advanced they could travel that far in " cloaked " ufo's they could take what they wanted without us even knowing

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

But when the tables are turned and I ask the question, "what on earth makes you think they are not here", then you will find that there is no credible scientific fact thats says they are not or cannot be on earth.

The apparent dilemma is in the logic. You are asking others to prove a negative.

It would be very difficult to prove that one-eyed-one-horned-flying-purple-people-eaters do not exist.
Proving such a creature did exist would be as easy as providing one to be examined.

So, while one-eyed-one-horned-flying-purple-people-eaters have been imagined, drawn, and at least one song written about them, their existence remains in question, and doubt is, therefore, reasonable without proving they do not exist.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
How many millions of people believe in god with absolutely no tangible proof , but they can't believe that we could be visited by other worlds !!! Very close minded don't you think ?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I wasn't going to reply.... There is no proof either way!
I believe there is far more evidence against Alien visitation than
there is for it.

As for your court of law scenario, All the evidence for visitation is purely
circumstantial, a jury of our peers would not convict on that.

Again another " I want to believe" poster that claims everything
but has nothing.... Next

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Wanna know why aliens don't exist? Because I can't see them, thats why. If I can't see them, then in my mind there is no proof.
However, I can see this:

And that is the only proof I need. I don't know what you see here, but I see LOTS of Aliens.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So this goes out to the "non-believers", show me one thing which proves aliens cannot come to earth and are not here now?

Thats like asking vegetables in a garden to describe how they got there and what (if they even exist) a gardener "looks like". The only answer your likely to get from a bunch of vegetables is:
Salad.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

You know there are countless military personal, police and government officials who would also testify in court that there is nothing.

[\quote]

Its impossible to testify a negative. You cant say something isnt here unless you know it exists in the first place. For one to prove "there is nothing" one has to have travelled the universe to make sure there isnt, for one to prove there is something, one only has to witness that event with another.

So your argument is actually incorrect and on unstable foundation.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Again another " I want to believe" poster that claims everything
but has nothing.... Next

Then tell me who "encoded" the Genetic Code. I mean, it IS encoded right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join