It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turning The Tables: What On Earth Makes People Think Aliens Are Not Here?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You see, people like myself are always asked what makes me know aliens are here on earth. I have a multitude of answers for then, all very credible. But when the tables are turned and I ask the question, "what on earth makes you think they are not here", then you will find that there is no credible scientific fact thats says they are not or cannot be on earth.

If we are becaomming more advanced each day then I am sure we have the attention of ET by now, for the simple reason, in 200 years from now, if we are still around, will we pose a possible threat to them, maybe having the capability to blow up a star for example. You better believe we are under the alien microscope.

"there is no law of physics preventing time travel", indeed, scientists have also come up with a multitude of diffrent models for faster than light travel.

So this goes out to the "non-believers", show me one thing which proves aliens cannot come to earth and are not here now?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What are your 'multitude of answers' that are 'credible'? Could you share? I am a believer, but I feel it to be a bit silly for people to be vague if they're making a thread.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I agree with the previous post, lets hear your answers and I will reply.
I am too a beliver, and it is obvious that people see wierd stuff in the sky all over the world, but that dosent mean they are extra-terrestrail.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
You see, people like myself are always asked what makes me know aliens are here on earth. I have a multitude of answers for then, all very credible. But when the tables are turned and I ask the question, "what on earth makes you think they are not here", then you will find that there is no credible scientific fact thats says they are not or cannot be on earth.

If we are becaomming more advanced each day then I am sure we have the attention of ET by now, for the simple reason, in 200 years from now, if we are still around, will we pose a possible threat to them, maybe having the capability to blow up a star for example. You better believe we are under the alien microscope.

"there is no law of physics preventing time travel", indeed, scientists have also come up with a multitude of diffrent models for faster than light travel.

So this goes out to the "non-believers", show me one thing which proves aliens cannot come to earth and are not here now?

You have no solid proof that ET's are visiting Earth so you argument is pointless. Some people still believe the Eath is flat:-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But we know it's not

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Models and theorys do not make it a reality.

Proof that they are not here now? Well to the best of my knowledge I have never factual seen one so...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

God knows what happened to my link then. Here it is:-

theflatearthsociety.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

there is ZERO credible evidence

SIMPLE............

and i belive there is other life but without evidence no one can be sure

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ShedAlert

I dont have time to go through them all
I am watching contact. But when a "deputy commander" of a nuclear base tells me he touched a UFO and many others witnessed the event, I think that stands up in a court of law

This guy was "in charge of a nuclear missile base" do you think they would let someone who would tell bizarre stories Be in charge of the most dangerous weapons on earth? Lol.

But this is just one example, look around, there are litterally thousands of others. Possibly millions of examples we dont know about.

Yeah, of course they are here.
edit on 29-10-2011 by TheMindWar because: Typo

edit on 29-10-2011 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have a deep belief in life off the earth...there are billions of suns in our galaxy alone and most of them have planetary systems around them. However, I still think that contact is yet to happen. I sincerely wish to know if we are being visited-yet skepticism and a healthy desire to weed out poor evidence-has prevented me from accepting this possibility.

Always good to give some thought time to pondering the greatest question of all!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

so show me an alien......................?

thought not

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

Even if you saw one, you still would not believe it, so whats your point?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

Whats more, if thats the best you can do, I guess I totally floored you on this debate

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
10/10, I'm slightly angry.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I believe in life strung right across the universe you obviously didn't read my reply in full

the debate will be won when you produce one shred of evidence that there is aliens amongst us

and me and you both know you can not do that

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Distance.

There is life out there, with the same problems we have to travel intersteller.

Now, unless they've been working at space travel for over 100,000 years, I doubt they will be here anytime soon.

UFO's on the other hand, orbs, or energy, stuff like that, I believe is some kind of conscious bioluminescent species

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If they are here the tricky part is how can it be detected . If the cloaked object was on the ground the background , heat and electric / magnetic signature may not conform to the surrounding area . The margin of difference of the total area to be exactly the same would have to be so precise . A darkened area should theoretically appear if a static / stationary object is on the ground .

In the air however there is nothing behind but air , so it will appear as part of the natural atmosphere . Slight variations to a magnetic / electrical disturbance ( natural flow ) could be detected . The human ability to NOT see the magnetic fields keep us from any split second detection of an object in the atmosphere . Birds and other animals are able to maneuver using their ability to detect the magnetic fields , but face it as far as we know we cannot see sht that way .

IR detection has shown some compelling stuff that can defy ignorance on the subject of ETs .

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Turning The Tables: What On Earth Makes People Think Aliens Are Not Here?

What indeed.

We are torn by contrast, hypocrisy, arrogance and shame. Our government lies to us, our free press/media uses us, our science has become lazy and our faith has become weak. As such, we are raised under the worst circumstances and trained to believe the unbelievable, vote for the unworthy, buy upon whim and live for personal pleasure.

It suits many of us to close the doors on possibility because there is comfort here in the bosom of denial. All that surrounds us in this universe is easily explained and understood to be quite boring. There is no reason to turn away from our manicured lawns, our bank accounts, our insurance agent, our car dealerships or our computer screens because nothing can happen that we choose to ignore.

Life 'out there' represents a really big upset in that comfort because it means we might not be the be-all and end-all of that universe. We might well be a lesser species and that just doesn't play well on the front pages of the media websites. Our governments don't want to have to explain how they don't hold all the keys to every door. Our science doesn't want to confess that what we know isn't even a iotic fraction of that we don't know.

Denial is comfort. Denial is happiness. Denial allows life to go on as it has without disruption. There are no eyes opening and no minds wandering away from the safety of the herd.

We are trained to deny on demand... and defend that denial from any and all comers.

What we don't know can't hurt us.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I believe humans are extremly arrogant to not believe in a life form other than our own miserable existance but OP you are the epotime of the arrogance...those who try to convert someone else without a shread of credible evidence. You want people to believe therefore they shall simply because you say so...that too, is human arrogance at work.

The tiny piece of evidence you do put forth would not stand up in court and it certainly will not stand here as it is just hersay. If you wish to provide some evidence of your theory, please do so but do not clog up the board with this nonsense...and please no you-tube videos showing some talking head channeling FIDO from Venus to prove your piece.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Its not a good argument , theres no evidence that pixies, fairies and dragons are not here so are you suggesting they exist along side us to?

Don't forget there is a difference between people who don't believe in extra terrestrial life and people who just don't believe that aliens walk amongst us here on earth.

edit on 29-10-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The ignorant believe that an absence of evidence is evidence of an absence.
Which is a logical fallacy.

Don't bother trying to convince them. Just my opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join