YU55 evidence mounting that it will hit. FEMA test transmission now coincides with a Tsunami alert t

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Exercises are combined quite frequently. Many agencies have to collaborate exercises in order to make them work, and you knock them out and get credit.

So, you have a big tsunami coming, you have to alert the public. so NOAA has to learn to collaborate with FEMA to notify the public that there is a tsunami.

that is exactly what these exercises are for. And the exercises pick a scenrio, it is not specific. It also means that FEMA is testing out the broadcast system to alert citizens that there are hurricanes, bioterrorism, volcanoes, whatever the case may be. The agency that has to test the tsunami warnings are killing two birds with one stone.

Especially since orders have come from the Obama administration that these exercises need to be collaborative and streamlined to prevent redundancy.

You will see more of these.

People think these things are as simple as a phone call, it isn't. there are heirarchies to go through,information to be vetted, command centers to be activated, issues to be addressed.
edit on 29-10-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Not to mention, if the incident wasn't a possibility, then they wouldn't waste money drilling for it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Because these are federal tests that do not involve the locals. Now can you imagine if FEMA had to notify every fire chief in the country everytime they run a test? good heavens.

Only in state and regional drills are fire and police involved.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have not seen any evidence that it will hit.

I see evidence that it could. Circumstantial evidence at that. Well most of it anyways.
It is a NEO and as such, there is a possibility as is with lots of passing asteroids and meteors.
We have been hit in the past by asteroids and meteors, and we will again in the future.
That's about the only science I have seen to suggest anything could happen.

The rest, well, I will say that the test of the new national emergency broadcast system at the same time as the asteroid passes the moon on the 9th makes me wonder if it won't hit the moon or there is some possibility that it changes course as it swings by the earth coming closer the next time instead of the moon.

*shrug*
I wonder if NASA/JPL wonders about that? Or if they think their calculations are infallible?
I just know that NASA makes errors, that worries me, as it should anyone.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
How close is this thing passing by the moon, couldn't the moons gravity grab it and shoot it around right towards us?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I love this quote off of Discovery/Bad Astronomy:

I’ve seen some small amount of buzz on the usual conspiracy sites about this asteroid, and I do see some folks trying to play this up a bit (search on "YU55 doomsday" for example), but fear-mongering chatter is surprisingly low for this event. I expect that by this fall you’ll be seeing breathless YouTube videos accusing NASA of covering up a imminent impact — and I don’t say this blithely; it’s happened before. Remember asteroid 2007 TU24? No? That’s because nothing happened, despite the claims of panic-promoters.

The article is rather funny, and states NASA's thoughts

It also gives the science behind yu55 and says it will miss and there is a picture at the bottom that says NO with a big x mark over what looks like an asteroid impact.

Worth a look
No, 2005 YU55 won't destroy the Earth

edit on 29-10-2011 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Really???
Were gonna die?
What am I gonna do with all of this retro pepsi I just bought? i have 24 days worth @ 1 a day.
Seriously folks, if a heavenly body crashed into earth what could you do?
Live well before you die is what, so get to it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It would be terribly easy to inform all fire/ police/ military Etc.
A few years back they got the new EMAIL.
Now everyone can know in just a few minutes, they use it every day.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Never let a good conspiracy theory pass by. Always trucking.

God forbid that the world ever lives in peace and calm.
edit on 30-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I think this sums it up.
Hahhahhahhaaahhahhaaa (second line.)
M.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

could not agree more!!! anyone one with the gift of sight was able to look at a TV weather map and see the enormity of that storm. it was simple math really....giant hurricane + Cat 4/5 storm + location being below sea level + evacuation warnings = GTFO!

If you didn't leave that's a you problem.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
reply to post by AnimositisominA

9/11 and 7/7 were supposed to be nothing but drills, however this didn't turn out to be the case did it?

9/11 happened at exactly the same time as the drill, and the drill was exactly the same as the attacks.
7/7 happened at exactly the same time as the drill, and the drill was exactly the same as the attacks.

Go figure. Coincidence? Of course not.

Thank you for reminding people of these dates and the frightening,
non-coincidental facts that surround them.

The fact that this these things happened, and twice, is in my opinion
the biggest clue and red flag we have had to date regarding
what we are really dealing with on this planet.

If we do not use our common sense here and see
this clearly, we truly are doomed by our inability
to shed the mind control and brainwashing.

edit on 30-10-2011 by spinkyboo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Well said, I'm so sick of this 2+2=5 logic.

la2

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

In the event of an asteroid hit, they wouldnt need e-mail or telephones, Fox, CNN, BBC and Sky News would plaster the airwaves globally about it within minites.

in responce to all the other posts here....................

I am always skeptical, however we are all members here because we believe that things happen and are covered up from the general public, yet all people want to do on here is nay say, whats the point. Another point is this, do you really, in you wildest dreams imagine a 'deep impact' senario where the white house would tell the world it was going to hit, no, because contrary to the bill of rights 'we the people...' do not matter, plain and simple, they would let it hit and survival of the fittest.

We should be preparing for things like this, not automatically writing it off as being wrong, because believe it or not, one day it might not be wrong, and then we are screwed because we assumed it would never happen, we are in a time where the forces of nature both terrestrial and from outer space have been dormant for longer than their previous patterns suggest, pole shift is over due, yellowstone caldera is over due an eruption, the earth being hit by an asteroid is over due.

I would personally like to be over prepared and get to the 12th november and think phew, than get to it and think damn, wish i hadnt assumed it was false.

just think, why are we here on ATS, and remember, if someone told you on 10th Nov 2001 that 9/11 would happen the day after, how many of you would have replied to that post with a 'no, that could never happen', just food for thought!!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2
reply to post by g146541

In the event of an asteroid hit, they wouldnt need e-mail or telephones, Fox, CNN, BBC and Sky News would plaster the airwaves globally about it within minites.

in responce to all the other posts here....................

I am always skeptical, however we are all members here because we believe that things happen and are covered up from the general public, yet all people want to do on here is nay say, whats the point. Another point is this, do you really, in you wildest dreams imagine a 'deep impact' senario where the white house would tell the world it was going to hit, no, because contrary to the bill of rights 'we the people...' do not matter, plain and simple, they would let it hit and survival of the fittest.

We should be preparing for things like this, not automatically writing it off as being wrong, because believe it or not, one day it might not be wrong, and then we are screwed because we assumed it would never happen, we are in a time where the forces of nature both terrestrial and from outer space have been dormant for longer than their previous patterns suggest, pole shift is over due, yellowstone caldera is over due an eruption, the earth being hit by an asteroid is over due.

I would personally like to be over prepared and get to the 12th november and think phew, than get to it and think damn, wish i hadnt assumed it was false.

One question - in the event of a several kilometre wide asteroid striking the Earth, what exactly would you do about it, that the government couldn't or wouldn't do?

I don't understand the logic - if any - about this theory. The government is secretly preparing for an asteroid strike, but they're keeping it from the people by....letting the cat out of the bag with nationwide public testing of the emergency broadcast system.

The government/TPTB/'Them' is/are made up of people like you and me. No special powers or knowledge, just ordinary homo sapiens with skidmarks on their undercrackers and mortgage arrears. They would also be flattened/vapourised by an asteroid strike. If the human race survived a strike at all, the world wouldn't be a pleasant living environment anyway, so I doubt if the New World Order overlords would actually have much to lord it over. And anyway, who would notice the difference?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Why would "they" go to the lengths of concocting an elaborate hoax (Elenin) just so conspiracy theorists would dismiss YU55?

IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Conspiracy theorists would be talking about YU55 doom with or without Elenin, it's what they do. And why would they want to deceive a bunch of nutters on ATS and YouTube? It's not like the average guy in the street knows about Elenin or YU55. It's just conspiracy nutters trying to justify the Elenin nonsense with more nonsense. Unlike Elenin we can see YU55 clearly and even amateurs can track it and plot its trajectory. If it was going to hit many people will know, but no, it's just like Elenin, a massive conspiracy that involves every amateur astronomer on the planet.

I don't think so, you crazy nutters!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
2005 YU55 does look worrying... It's orbit is tight, and one day in the future, it could impact earth. Check this site for the hard data on where it will be near earth in the future:

NASA 2005 YU55 Data set

And here is a paper on the astroid --- VERY interesting too. Space weather says its 200m, but in the NASA paper, it says 400m...

echo.jpl.nasa.gov...

The 2011 encounter is the closest to Earth for at least the last 200 years.

Asteroid 2005 YU55 was discovered by Spacewatch on December 28, 2005.
It will approach Earth within 0.85 lunar distances (0.00217 AU) on
November 8, 2011, when it will be an extraordinarily strong radar target.
2005 YU55 has an absolute magnitude of 21.9, and imaging at Arecibo in 2010
revealed that the asteroid has a rounded shape with a diameter of about
400 meters.
edit on 10/30/2011 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)
edit on 10/30/2011 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mockrock

the deliberate fear stoked up by ELENIN

Weren't you one of the people deliberately stoking fear of Elenin?

Elenin was used to create fear so we ignore YU55..

By whom?

Scan the contents and the put it all together.. the nonsense that was ELEnin deliberately named to distract and keep conspiracy theorists busy.. satellites falling from the sky (so we get bored and desensitized to objects falling from the sky.)

Yes, nothing could be more boring than satellites the size of a bus falling out of the sky. Nobody worries about that any more.

The FEMA test will not be a test.. YU55 is going to hit, they revised it size 3 times, until it doubled from the original, if they get the size wrong then what about the trajectory. If they thought it was a smaller object, perhaps they also thought it was further away.. if the mass is different and mass effects trajectory..

Ah, now I see why you are so frightened and confused: you do not understand science, and fear what you do not understand. What you are calling a "trajectory" is actually an orbit. An orbit has nothing to do with an object's size or mass. (Assuming it is very small compared to its primary, the Sun.) An orbit is determined by taking observations over a series of nights. Because the speed and direction that a body in space moves is dependent on its distance to the Sun, tracking it like this yields a unique set of orbital parameters. It is these parameters that allow scientists to calculate the object's distance at any given moment.

YU55 is so tiny that it is impossible to determine its size directly. Astronomers measure how bright it is and then estimate how large it would be if it were made of different materials. Each material has a different amount of reflectivity, or albedo. If it is made of ice, it would have a high albedo and could be very small. If it is made of dark rock, it would have a low albedo and be much larger. This is why there are different estimates of its size.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I love this quote off of Discovery/Bad Astronomy:

I’ve seen some small amount of buzz on the usual conspiracy sites about this asteroid, and I do see some folks trying to play this up a bit (search on "YU55 doomsday" for example), but fear-mongering chatter is surprisingly low for this event. I expect that by this fall you’ll be seeing breathless YouTube videos accusing NASA of covering up a imminent impact — and I don’t say this blithely; it’s happened before. Remember asteroid 2007 TU24? No? That’s because nothing happened, despite the claims of panic-promoters.

The article is rather funny, and states NASA's thoughts

It also gives the science behind yu55 and says it will miss and there is a picture at the bottom that says NO with a big x mark over what looks like an asteroid impact.

Worth a look
No, 2005 YU55 won't destroy the Earth

edit on 29-10-2011 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

Bad astronomy site is nonsense, they believe we have been to the moon!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
preparing for a major tsunami in the usa
some tv/radio test broadcast in the usa

YU55 passing the whole earth.
I'm waiting for the pictures of YU55 painted as the American flag

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join