It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do i listen to God if i cant see or hear him?.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
A bunch of Christians are telling me i need to take the word of god seriously and not go towards what others are saying, one problem... I CANT SEE GOD..then how could i possibly hear him? that voice in my head is not god.. its my brain talking with me because i make it talk

Secondly: why do "angels" need wings if they are spiritual and can float?

Thirdly: where do these so called angels go if the clouds disappear? do they fall down to earth or what? because ive flown inside a cloud and there is no one there...

Fourthly: why are Christians trying to convert everyone? a small Christian group said we need a new holiday that replaces halloween...and they say halloween is the devils day.. they say we need to create "Jesus-ween".. where they dress up in white and hand out bibles.

if god said i was going to hell then id probably receive a message from him saying that..so far there is nothing.

As far as im concerned the bible was created by man...no recorded god wrote the bible
edit on 10/8/2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You are God, or at least a part of what ever God is. There is no separation from it.

So in order to listen you have to block out the monkey mind. Letting go of conscious thoughts allows you to connect to the subconscious. Meditation helps.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

i dont know how i block out the monkey mind... and thanks for calling me a monkey i am now emotionally hurt.

and i tried praying I REALLY did... and i got nothing in return

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

that voice in my head is not god.. its my brain talking with me because i make it talk
God is spirit which means something you do not perceive directly.
In practical terms, once you ask Jesus for the spirit he offers, that "talking" will be a little different than it was before.
edit on 29-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

im sorry i still dont understand... but if god is a spirit then how did he create the universe? spirits cannot do that stuff

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ya know that little "hunch" you get when something is not quite right, or you feel compelled to go a certain way when faced with a choice? THAT'S God speaking to you. Whenever we don't listen to that little "hunch" or intuitive moment, we usually screw up.

As for prayer, God answers all of them. Sometimes the answer is "no"... Sometimes the answer is "wait".

Can't answer the question about Angels - I figure it's just aesthetic. God makes many pretty things that seem to not really have a functional purpose.

Not all Christians try to convert people. But since you asked these questions, you are getting my answers.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The angels with wings is an invention of medieval art and renaissance paintings apparently some angels actually
look like this.

As to angels and God living in the clouds this idea might have been more believable a couple hundred years ago but it seems quite absurd after the invention of airplanes and the modern space age.

This belief seems more suited to a time when people thought earth was center of the universe not in the modern age where there are space probes traveling through the solar system and out past Pluto.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

haha yeah so true, but im shocked that no one laughed at "Jesus-ween" and dressing up like the KKK

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well, it seems pretty obvious to me that Christianity is not what you are looking for.

However, as was suggested, if you really want to be able to know and see "God", although prayer does help, meditation is also very important. Most people go to a church and pray, read a little bit of the bible, sing, and then go on their merry way feeling for a little while they were with like minded people in the house of God. Nothing wrong with that. That is what most Christians do. When you ask them about why they do the things they do, a lot of them say they can feel the holy spirit. I do not doubt that they can. I have been in a church and watched as the minister literally glowed. I could see it, I don't know if anyone else did.

I was raised christian, but after about the age of 7 I started to ask questions about what they were telling me. I had a particular problem with Judgement day, and being told that Christ would return within my lifetime just did not speak to me, even at 7.

I have much respect for Christianity, at least at it's core. My problem is with denominations who think their way is the right way, even among Christians, they quietly fight behind closed doors in private complaining about a catholic or protestant point of view. No one agrees, and they all get caught up in the small aspects missing the big picture.(not all Christians mind you, some are rather open and those are my favorites, because they can look and chose for them selves that Jesus was in their hearts.) IMO

Christianity was not my path, but it was my starting place. Go within and look inside yourself, maybe you will find Jesus, maybe you will find your true self, maybe you will find something no one has ever experienced before, you will never know the truth unless you look for yourself.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

im sorry i still dont understand... but if god is a spirit then how did he create the universe? spirits cannot do that stuff
You really should not be so concerned about how the universe came into being, and more about the future of your own being. Like the earlier poster said, what matters is your connection to God, from whom the living essence of your soul comes from. It's God's job to deal with the universe.
edit on 29-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The best answer I have ever got for these questions, is that God is imaginary. As for their belief toward having a holiday replace Halloween, I thought they did. Reformation day? My dates might be off but I could of swore that this was the same date that Martin Luther tacked his 95 thesis on the church doors. Half to find the answer.
But I mean really I don't really believe your questions will be answered with any absolute truth that you may be seeking. Our minds are very powerful tools, and also ensnaring traps.... Some time's I admire the faithful to their sects, they have found peace while I run around like a chicken with its head cut off seeking answers. Ultimately with any religious belief one must just go out on a leap of faith. That's just to damn scary for me to do myself though, theirs just seems to be to much on the line for such an action.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

i think god made us to figure our selves out. not to worship him or kill each other

he made cows and chickens for us to eat

he created fruits and veggies (mankind only looked after it to make sure they dont die out)

he never visits us which means its upto us now

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

There would probably be a large number of Angels getting sucked into the Jet Engines of Planes is they lived up in the clouds.

the ancient world is full of Gods and Beings with wings I imagine the idea just got recycled and rebranded during the middle ages.

Isis

Nike

icarus

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If God created everything, and God is within as well... then you see God every day of your life. You also hear him when you speak, and think... as well as when others do.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApplesOnFire
A bunch of Christians are telling me i need to take the word of god seriously and not go towards what others are saying, one problem... I CANT SEE GOD..then how could i possibly hear him? that voice in my head is not god.. its my brain talking with me because i make it talk

Secondly: why do "angels" need wings if they are spiritual and can float?

Thirdly: where do these so called angels go if the clouds disappear? do they fall down to earth or what? because ive flown inside a cloud and there is no one there...

Fourthly: why are Christians trying to convert everyone? a small Christian group said we need a new holiday that replaces halloween...and they say halloween is the devils day.. they say we need to create "Jesus-ween".. where they dress up in white and hand out bibles.

if god said i was going to hell then id probably receive a message from him saying that..so far there is nothing.

As far as im concerned the bible was created by man...no recorded god wrote the bible
edit on 10/8/2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

I would like to try to answer your questions for you my friend. First of all, I believe (and it is scriptural) that Jehovah speaks to us through the Holy Spirit.
John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 14:25-27 (in Context) John 14 (Whole Chapter) In my experiences, it has never been a loud audible voice, (even though it is possible) but rather a still small voice inside of you that leads you in the direction you should go.
Sometimes he may speak through a friend or even a total stranger to you ( I believe that needs some clarification. Lets say you have a particular problem or question, and you pray about it. You may not immediately get the answer, but lets say you are in the store, or somewhere, and you talk to someone, they might just give you the answer you need without even knowing you wondering about it.Also, I believe Jehovah speaks through dreams as well.

I suppose Jehovah speaks through other ways as well, but ultimately, the bible is the best way to get your answers. 2 Timothy 3:16–17

16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God1 may be complete, equipped gfor every good work.
It was not written for the world, but for believers. That's why a lot of people don't understand it, mock it, degrade it and so on. However, it is just a book, and if you don't apply what it says to your life, then it has no power. Besides, theres a lot of good guidelines to live by in there as well.
If you would like to learn more, you can message me, and I would be more than happy to discuss this with you, without interruptions, as I believe you have some valid questions and interests. I will tell you up front that I do not have the all the answers, but Id be more than willing to help you try to understand. Also, I won't try to force you to believe the same way as I do, as I have learned in the past you just can't do that, because it just makes the situation worse, and people should be able to make up their own minds as far that decision goes. Anyway, peace to you, and have a good day and may God bless you my friend.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Lol probably! but either that or they are invisible and no one can see them

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

okay i guess that makes a little sense

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

I would strongly disagree with Paul in that statement...

All scripture is NOT good for teaching or correcting....

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

actually, we weren't created to worship God, but to have fellowship with God.

1 John 1

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. 2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. 3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. 4 We write this to make our[a] joy complete.
5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
As I sit here in my computer room I look out the window. HMMMM the tree limbs seem to be moving, and there are leaves that fall off of the limbs. the leaves somehow are magically carried blocks away, and I can't even tell how far they have moved down the road. They seem to be alive moving on their own with no help.
I sit here and wonder how such heavy limbs could move, and the leaves walk down the road when I cannot see anything causing them to move....I ponder. well what ever it is I cannot see it or hear it. I only see limbs and leaves moviing, and the leaves and limbs seem to make noise. I heard once that it was something called the wind. But I cannot see or hear it...I cannot even touch it...so I must assume there is no such thing as wind.
I still cannot explain the movement in the trees or the leaves, as there is no logic in it.
I do not believe in wind because I cannot see it, touch it, hear it, and as such I cannot perceive it.
Therefore I conclude Wind indeed is just a figment of my imagination.
I simply does not exist...........
DH

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join