It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fliers Drop on Occupy Chicago Protesters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Threatening to take other people's jobs? What is that? I say when it's all said and done we make them work at mcdonalds. The arrogance in that message is amazing.

You don't understand. They have jobs while those at "occupy" don't. Why? Because they went to school to learn relevant skills and then worked hard to land their jobs and hold them. The "occupy" people could spend their time founding a company or two, or even looking for a job. But, when the going gets tough, they just demand to have the government take even more from those who work and distribute it to themselves. If the Wall Street folks lose their jobs, they WILL go out and survive because they won't sit on their asses and bitch about no jobs. They have the savey to make jobs; and, they can even go get those lawn care jobs that go idle while the protesters moan and groan.
Those people at OWS are useless slugs.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

And what may I ask is your disability? There are a lot of people who abuse the disability claim, because they're to fat to walk, depressed or have "anxiety". I've even known someone who was on disability because they didn't like florescent lights. And we can carry this on all across society.. people who use food stamps for their food and cash for their beer and cigarets, who sell their wic coupons, etc. Or the complete unfairness of poor kids getting free lunches while middle class kids sometimes go hungry because one of their parents gets laid off and the other parent picks up extra hours just to make the mortgage payment.. No, the entitlement programs in this country are BS, they are enablers that reward failure. This is where I side with the Tea Party over OWS .. we need to fix corruption in government, fix rules and regulations for banks so that they don't take advantage of people who fraudulently write mortgages and so on. But we also need to fix the corruption with the poor.. the writing of social policies to buy votes, the act of rewarding failure and enabling the poor to remain poor. Calculating the value of all benefits you earn more being poor than you do in a lower middle class position. THAT is not ok.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I live in Chicago, and I saw these fliers circling around. I think it's a great point, however startling. It's true, and I commend the authors directness. This whole Occupy thing stinks to high heaven, and I can't put my finger on why. Its one of those things that has a face, but seems to be something more.

It makes me think a couple of things:

1) Oh my god are these people serious? Bunch of pseudo activists who are more into hanging out with large groups of people and trying to sound smart and dedicated... basically revolution junkies who want attention and to feel like they are "stickin' it to the man."
(This thought applies to what I feel is a majority of them... just kids doing something fun under the guise of it being important.)

2) Wow, there really is a massive and semi-organized uprising about over this... this.... problem. Its great to see Americans utilizing their voice for such great means. I wonder what their plan is? I wonder if it'll work?

3) Oh no, the masses have been whipped into a mindless fervor over a nearly nameless/shapeless entity called "Wallstreet," which includes a battle between Americans vs. Americans. Must be in order to try our some of these NWO tactics, or to at least flex their Gov't muscles.

In summary, when I saw the Chicago protesters, I could only shake my head as I walked by. They looked so weak and foolish, standing there with their signs asking people to honk about stuff... One of them shouted to my fiancee, "Hey I like your eye... like uh... make up!" I could only wonder how many of these people will be hurt, arrested, or even killed because of their little "protest."

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The OWS protestors are just as clueless as the person who wrote that letter when it comes to the financial crisis this country faces.

However, the author of that flier's logic is severely flawed.

The best threat that he can make is that if the 1%(which its probably less than that) is going to take the 99% jobs.

If you just look at the math alone, its a ridiculous comment.

So lets say every 1%er lost their job and then because they are so superior to the rest of us they were able to take jobs away from the 99%er's.

So they would essentially only displace 1% of the 99%er's that were lucky enough to have jobs.

Not much of a threat if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
As much as there are those who are going to attack whoever dropped this he is right in some respects. This isnt a letter about how they dont need workers and they will crush them at there will as so many people will try to paint all financial workers to be. My best friend worked his way through one of the lesser educational institutions doing every extra thing he could do to build a resume and when he got out he begged and borrowed everything he could to get a decent job at a financial institution making less then what a cop makes. Not all of those who work for the banks or wallstreet are the monsters OWS paints them to be. There are quite a few criminals working in the unions and schools as well. I know many union workers who are barely have any job experience but are getting paid for days they dont work and making double times on the weekends. I had high school teachers making six figures and only teaching drivers ed and gym and doing some coaching work on the side. This guy is correct. Many of those who work in the legal profession and financial workers put in 18 hr days every day just to remain competitive while the higher ups do no work at all. Its all about the criminals in all sectors and that why OWS is so short sighted and just wrong in many cases.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

as with almost every liberal minded person i've ever met, this absolutely wreaks of sabotage. It actually makes MORE SENSE than one of these dirty idiot OWS'ers made this themselves and passed it off to try and make it look like the action is doing anything.

You all had a really good idea. Unfortunately nobody appreciates bad B.O., a bad attitude, and total stupidity when it comes to articulating your reason for existence.

I'm so sick and tired of both sides of this argument I could puke.

Both sides want MY money, and neither side is willing to work for it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
OWS will lead to nowhere IMHO

Youre protesting, everyone joins in, then it gets murkier, who is the leader ? What are we demanding actually ?

Oh ? that, I thought its this....

get the picture ? Its wasting everybody time

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to

It's not just the rich. I hire a guy to cut down my vegetation in the fall and reshape my trees. I'm quite greedy when it comes to my own hard earned money too .. I can think of an infinite number of things I'd rather see my money go to than taxes so big bertha in her trailer park can stuff canned food down her 6 brats mouths while they get a plethora of government assistance and free healthcare/school/food etc etc.

Maybe if you want to talk about greed we should be looking at the folks screaming for handouts. Sounds pretty greedy to me. I might be greedy myself, but at least I work for my money, I don't scream for freebies and assistance then act like an ass hat when I get it. There is a pathetic level of self importance, arrogance and greed among the poor just as much as the rich.

And again.. who pays for it? The Middle Class that's who.

Wow dude, what scares me is not the poor but people like you! What you are doing is spewing venom! The vitriol coming from you and many others on this site is simply astounding. If there is a conscious awakening happening I hope people like yourself are the first to benefit!
edit on 30-10-2011 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
They shoud be arrested for littering, given astronomical fines, and perform 500 hrs or better of community service like the rest of us allegedly spoiled people would have to endure.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well, they have shown their true colors in the letter. They are aggressive, lack compassion, and will f*** everyone else over to get what they want. They obviously admitted that they're gambling with the economy also.
So there ya go.

KNOW YOUR ENEMY!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
We already know that the rich and the those who worship them are horrible people. Why would they need to tell us what we already know? my GF says "Aren't they cute?"

It can't be considered class warfare becuase there are many in all other classes who worship the rich. I see a battle between those who think the playing field should be level and those who think anything should go. However, both of those groups are against those of us who think there shouldn't be a playing field.
edit on 30-10-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

edit on 10/29/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

Oh Noes
Now they threat with ink and paper to steal jobs

Don't take this the wrong way...but that letter is cowardice yet hilarious

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Empty threats from the drones of Wall Street.
yeah,sure they will do their own landscaping and wash their own cars
these guys would freak once the prospect of actual physical labor becomes reality.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'f a actual banker wrote that which seems like it, and judging by the plain ignorance in it. It was either written by somebody who was papered there whole life, or a third grader. Man talk about ignorance on how things really work, and on how they actually came to function the way they function, I bet you they still think they created it...all the while still singing "oh we owe" all the way to the emerald city, only to find that it has crumbled to the ground and the wizard left long ago.

But yes they all can be replaced, # all the machinations and computing that are around today can do all the work they do. And it would run smoother and way better then they can ever hope to even dream of doing it once you remove the "human factor" But even in that there still is the human factor, ie who tells the computers what to do.
So many errors unfold once that factor comes into the fold. Like I said the system works, your all just fighting human factors, such as ie greed, pettiness, spite, false pride, and plain old clueless stupidity.

This is what it's always been about, people crying about there jobs.
Really you all so busy wasting time arguing you don't see that if any peoples or groups actually wanted to make bankers and the whole rich investor class obsolete, it can be done. It's not like it's impossible, oh no not even close to being impossible.
Ah but this ain't about that isn't it. This game is old, and everybody plays it every generation and everybody is not looking to change it or really get rid of it, this is the same old, replacement of the bots on the top with other bots who want to be on top....And rinse and repeat every-couple of generations.

It's a game they all like to play, there really is nothing here to fix, it is as they all want it to be. And as it should be. Hey can anybody guess what the outcome will be?
I will drop a clue, it happened before under a different motif and guise in that story called history, the emperor is changing clothes. But the show must go on.

But yes there all unsane. And there usefulness is slowly coming to an end.

But anyways continue on with the war for the peoples minds. Carry on, carry on.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I hope this person gets majorly fined up the wazoo for all that littering!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
these guys would freak once the prospect of actual physical labor becomes reality.

How many traders/financial industry workers do you know personally? I know quite a few. Most are very physically fit despite putting in long hours in the office. Their nature is to not only be successful but to look succesful. It is part of their mindset that they must excel and exceed anyone else in their field. The letter may be mean spirited but it is largely true. Any sane business owner would hire a former Wall Street trader used to long hours, hard work, and no complaining long before scraping the bottom of the barrel to hire someone who rails and cries about not getting things for free. It may not be a fact many like to acknowledge, but it's a fact.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by radosta

Originally posted by mike dangerously

How many traders/financial industry workers do you know personally? I know quite a few. Most are very physically fit despite putting in long hours in the office. Their nature is to not only be successful but to look succesful. It is part of their mindset that they must excel and exceed anyone else in their field. The letter may be mean spirited but it is largely true. Any sane business owner would hire a former Wall Street trader used to long hours, hard work, and no complaining long before scraping the bottom of the barrel to hire someone who rails and cries about not getting things for free. It may not be a fact many like to acknowledge, but it's a fact.

Star for you my good man. I used to work in the finance industry. These people are all nimble, intelligent, and never complain. We are the embodiment of hard work, and represent the concept of "you get what you give." Hours are ridiculous, the only time you have off is when the market closes - but even in your off time it's just as crazy. Do you honestly think that a contractor screwing in a few loose pipes or a teacher mumbling a bunch of junk to careless teens does more work than a day-trader? Psh. Don't make me laugh. The stress is overwhelming and there is no room for errors. Maybe the real "drones" are the people who were to lazy to take their lives further, learn decent work ethic, and actually try and succeed. A bunch of unions whining because they are underpaid to do work that any goofball could learn.

Sorry, have a heavy opinion on this topic. I do agree that reformation is needed in the country, but come on people - lets not bash an entire sector. The crooks are S&P for their false ratings.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

When I lost a regular titled job in the early nineties, I worked at a deli. I know I knocked some mom out of some extra hours, but sometimes that's the way it goes. I needed the money. Who knows, maybe I'll need to work at McDonald's someday, again, knocking some poor joe out of job hours.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
wow, what a piece of propaganda ... i wonder if some traders actually think they have that much of an impact ??
sounds more like a superiority complex.

traders used to trade items of value, not imaginary speculations.
currently, wall street is an illusion, tis no wonder the author portrays itself as a magician.

considering historical precedent, i do wonder just how many of these brilliant trader types will grow wings before they jump ??

for some reason, i just cannot fathom how this author considers itself representative of any 1%er. and, it seems to me they should be more involved in eradicating their own corruption rather envisioning total collapse

even in the 70s, the market wasn't bullish but it wasn't out of business either.
tis a shame though, some ppl will actually fall for the propaganda within it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by radosta

Originally posted by InformationAccount

Originally posted by sonnny1

Theres a lot of Anger at the Government for keeping poor people poor.

Imagine a government,where you dont pay Taxes?

Where there is NO Fed Reserve?

That's been done before Comrade.

It's called Communism or Totalitarianism

"The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism by Goldstein - (How You Are Controlled)"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

...Well...it certainly has been done before.
But the 2nd part of your answer is where you go a little off. It was done in the United States before the creation of the Federal Reserve and the adoption of the federal income tax under Woodrow Wilson's "progressive" administration. Also happened to coincide with banking/corporate domination of the US government. Coincidence?

Unless you consider a more decentralized, republican (small "r"), and more relatively free and egalitarian society to be "totalitarian", I would have to disagree.

huh?, what in the world ?? ... and how did you come up with this nonsense ???

the Federal Reserve and its practices have NEVER been removed from the system since its inception.
where do you get "it certainly has been done before" ????
link please

Communism is not equal to or a result of eliminating the masters you serve today ~ ie ... the Federal Reserve
not every path leads to communism, why would you think it must?

the US government was not established to "collect taxes".
ah geeeez, if you're gonna tell the story, please get it right ... try this ... Woodrow signed the FR into existence

Also happened to coincide with banking/corporate domination of the US government.

you sure about that ??
might wanna check out JPMorgans influence some 50yrs earlier and few others along the way.
start at the link above and get back to us with some correct input, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join