It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fliers Drop on Occupy Chicago Protesters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A friend of mine E-mailed this to me, apparently from one of the office buildings in Chicago someone threw these down on the protesters. While it is kind of a funny rant from a trader, I think it actually highlights a very concerning trend of class warfare. It's one thing to target the ultra wealthy and the corrupt politicians .. it's another to demonize anyone and everyone with money. The point of this country is to have the right to achieve limitless success without hindrance from tyrannical governments and personal restrictions.

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

edit on 10/29/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Duly noted. It's amazing what one can purchase with fictitious currency inside a digital landscape... Unfortunately, this doesn't afford decent clues or moral values per se.

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

They attack back like a caged animal.
I guess the thought never crossed their minds, that this may end a little more badly for them than they think. Threatening to take other people's jobs? What is that? I say when it's all said and done we make them work at mcdonalds. The arrogance in that message is amazing.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
"Fliers Drop on Occupy Chicago Protesters"

Were there any injuries?
This brutality is getting out of hand.

It's propaganda plain and simple. Sure it was from the 1%....

Stupid people are everywhere including drones that work on Wall Street.

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

The overall message from the letter, that I gather anyways, is that our society does not function without the Traders. Our investments depend on it, the economy depends on it, the wealth spent by them is a huge part of the economy, etc etc. And it's true. It's not an excuse for unethical practices or corruption, that needs to be taken care of. But if you punish people for making money .... well then we have a problem.

And the most important message of all, to me anyways is ..... who's going to get screwed?

The Middle Class. The poor want to eat the rich, the rich will squash the Middle Class when they stop spending and investing, while the poor devour their savings because of course the Middle Class pays for everyone.

Being a member of the 53% that pays an obscene portion of my income to federal taxes to support the do nothing poor and watching the rich squander it away.. I got to say.. in the class warfare don't expect me to fight for either group. The rich and the poor can both go to hell in my opinion.
edit on 10/29/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Talking about the 1% = talking to anyone who makes multi-millions, or billions a year.
BIG BUSINESS
MONEY IN POLITICS.

Its more like the top 0.001% that control trillions of 'digital' money. And can collapse what they want, when they want. Theres lots of money in it. Lots of money to be robbed from the planet.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I see a bunch of losers trying to make you believe that, and trying to threaten those that would see them fall from grace. We functioned a long time without them, we can do it again. Gambling with our money is not good, it's part of the problem.

We're the ones that made their profits possible, not any skill they have. Now that more profit has become unrealistic, it's over for them. They don't realize it, but the dogs are tired of pulling, and there money sled is staying put.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Oldie but goody...

+33 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Oh no, the Bankers are going to become teachers!! Well, thankfully my Son has finished 3rd Grade.

They are also threatening to wash their own cars and landscape their own yards.

Hello, welcome to our World you arrogant overpaid animals.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Side two of the flyers dropped from the Chicago Board of Trade "You are paying for 1% of this"

Occupy Chicago

This smells funny to me. Like its just some bored people playing around.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Who ever wrote the letter and endorsed it are just as clueless as the occupiers about the monetary system and what the real problems are.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

They attack back like a caged animal.
I guess the thought never crossed their minds, that this may end a little more badly for them than they think. Threatening to take other people's jobs? What is that? I say when it's all said and done we make them work at mcdonalds. The arrogance in that message is amazing.

Your arrogance in not?

How exactly do you plan on "making" them work at mcdonalds, most of these wall street types are highly educated and highly motivated individuals.

To me it sounds like a threat they could easily carry out if it comes to that.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I think the end game will be a bloody revolution. I don't know when it will happen, but the collapse of the off balance system is eminent. Like many have said, we're only getting concessions, not solutions. They aren't interested in solutions that will fix the problem that the 99% have, so eventually it will hit the fan.

It looks a lot like other systems that have failed in the past. It's not as bad, but we're also not the same type of country as others.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What these idiots don't get is that most people at these rallies, and more and more others these days, are getting screwed over, anyway. More and more people don't have anything to lose, and so these threats will fall on deaf ears by and largely.

If they actually think that they can take middle class jobs, bring it on. Let them try to compete in the real world for once. Then they can get a taste of what it's like to be told they're overqualified over and over, which is exactly what's going to happen.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

We've never functioned without traders and investors. Not a single day that the United States has existed has there not been an investing class. In fact, here is a history lesson for you, the founding fathers were mostly investors themselves, many owned huge corporations or parts of.

WE make profits by spending money. WE have money because we have jobs. WE have jobs because corporations employ us to make and or sell certain things that people buy. THEY are the investors that provide the capital for companies to start. If WE are the machine, THEY are the oil that keeps it running. The only problem with Wall Street is that certain banks were very unethical about their practices, and instead of seeing those banks collapse like they should in a capitalist system. We saved them. And continue to do so, over and over again. Sounds to me it's more and issue with our politicians than the banks.

I think the end game will be a bloody revolution.

Maybe. But what are the sides? Because I'd have both the poor and the rich in my scopes. And it's the poor leaches of society that cause me more grief than anyone..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Wow, so right now, people are suffering and they are admitting to being wasteful with their money when they have lots of it (because they can, leaving 35 percent tips and hiring landscapers and the like), and then when they are made to suffer, they are going to continue to make others suffer by taking their jobs?

I am just not seeing the point of the flier, other than to demonstrate that yes, the 1% are greedy, the 1% will do anything to make as much money as they can, and nothing will make them care about the sufferings of other people. It really is all about profit and not about people, according to this flier. How crude and inhumane. We lived off of their money? No. They live off of our production. The workers are the backbone, not the 1%.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
"Fliers Drop on Occupy Chicago Protesters"

Were there any injuries?
This brutality is getting out of hand.

It's propaganda plain and simple. Sure it was from the 1%....

Stupid people are everywhere including drones that work on Wall Street.

What are your thoughts on the fliers found at occupy Phoenix?

Here is the text in these fliers:

content.clearchannel.com... (pdf file)

I don't believe anyone in the occupy movement wrote that, so... who did and why?

What happens when someone or some group starts to take this stuff seriously?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

It's not just the rich. I hire a guy to cut down my vegetation in the fall and reshape my trees. I'm quite greedy when it comes to my own hard earned money too .. I can think of an infinite number of things I'd rather see my money go to than taxes so big bertha in her trailer park can stuff canned food down her 6 brats mouths while they get a plethora of government assistance and free healthcare/school/food etc etc.

Maybe if you want to talk about greed we should be looking at the folks screaming for handouts. Sounds pretty greedy to me. I might be greedy myself, but at least I work for my money, I don't scream for freebies and assistance then act like an ass hat when I get it. There is a pathetic level of self importance, arrogance and greed among the poor just as much as the rich.

And again.. who pays for it? The Middle Class that's who.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Thanks for the link.

The question is...

Does anybody Already take them seriously now? Has anybody claimed ownership of or responsibility for?
This is the problem with these types of situations. Propaganda. [That's what these are] can and have in the past been written by both sides espousing both pro and con agendas.

Meanwhile the guy reading it has to make up his own mind if it's legitimate.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
When the 1% can successfully dig a cat hole to crap in and survive in the wilds as we have had to for far to long then maybe they have a slim chance . Until that time picking them out of the 99% would be like shooting fish in a barrel imo . Easier to spot a high priced shill even when they attempt to appear like the 99% and such .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join