It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain what I caught in this photo? Debunkers please debunk!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Here's the story:

I recently got my hair cut and was attempting to take pictures of myself with my phone to send to family/friends. I have a touch screen cell phone (no raised keyboard at all) so finding the button to take the picture can be sort of hit or miss since I have no reference point for where the button is. I took a number of pictures that ended up blurry/out of focus/from random angles, etc,. Finally, after getting a decent shot I decided to erase all of the mistakes I had accrued during this process.

Well, as I was deleting the pictures *this* one came up and right away I noticed an anomaly; it sort of just stood out. There *appears* to be some sort of immaterial face(?) beneath my night stand right beside my bed. Obviously the photo is blurry so I realize this is most likely the explanation. What confuses me is the symmetry and clear outline of the face?

I am a Christian theist and do believe that certain interdimensional entities do have access to this world, to some extent. What I don't understand is why/how one would actually show up in a photograph? Not to mention why one would be kickin it in my room???

That being said, I really don't believe that's what I've captured here. What I would like are some possible explanations/ideas as to what this could be??? Are double exposures possible on camera phones?

The "face" is at the bottom left hand side of the first pic. I did rotate this photo so the face would be right-side up (notice my night stand is upside-down, this is the reason). Other than that, this photo has not been altered in any other way. If you would like me to post the pic as it was, with the "face" upside down, I'd happily comply.

And for the sake of verifiability and a clear idea of what you are looking at - here's a regular anomaly-free picture of my nightstand.

Your input please!!!!
edit on 29-10-2011 by followtheevidence because: grammar

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Get some sleep...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Just woke up from a restful sleep, thanks tho!!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

I can't make heads or tails of anything in this picture
my eyes aren't the best but my perception is still intact...nope still don't see it

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well there are only 2 real options here of what you're seeing.

It's either one of these at 2:50...

Or it's the shape the light & shadows produced at that particular angle with blur.
Which one is the more likely?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's called shutter blur.

There is no face, it's just the result of you moving the camera during exposure causing this 'blur' effect. The face is just the skirting board and the table.

link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

I can't make heads or tails of anything in this picture
my eyes aren't the best but my perception is still intact...nope still don't see it

Fair enough

The anomaly in question is toward the bottom right side of the picture. That's all I got.

link   
It's definitely a combination of motion-blur and shadows. Either that, or the ghost dropped his buds.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thanks everyone!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What I see is a sort of reflection/double image/distortion/vestige of that vase there. Looks just like it to me! Could that be it? Just an idea.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
thats the first level boss from "Double Dragon II"

no big deal..

use your jump kick and knee attack

Many seem to be unaware of how to perform the High Knee or "Knee Lift" attack. It must be performed from a crouching position (after landing from a jump or getting up from being knocked down), during crouching you must press A + B while holding Left or Right (direction you want to knee). The timing window is somewhere in the middle when you land from a jump to when you rise from the crouch making it a most difficult move to consistently perform.

When you attempt to get up from being knocked down, you can do a knee as you arise, in these situations it's probably best to repeatedly hit A + B simultaneously while pressing the direction.

hope this helps

edit on 29-10-2011 by spaceg0at because: baba booey

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
uhmm.. Why not turning it the way it is supposed to be?

No face

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

It's still there, but someone explained what it was. Thanks

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have absolutely no idea about what you see in that picture.
Could you perhaps circle the anomaly so it is easier to find it?

I hope you haven´t focused to much on this picture now, and forgot to send the picture of your haircut to your family and all your friends. I am sure they are sitting on pins and needles to see this new amazing piece of hair

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

I don't know how to do any sort of photo editing...

Maybe someone else is up for the job? In either case, someone explained what it was so I suppose the point is mute.

Oh and my fam did get pics of my hair.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I see two grey alien faces, how they got in your pic i have no idea.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

So all the issues solved then.
Perfect!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

That does look like Abobo!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The reason you can see a face is simple - Pareidolia is at work here. Sorry, but this is something everyone experiences every single day and no, It's nothing paranormal in the slightest. Although it can explain a great deal of supposed paranormal phenomenon.. such as seeing faces in orbs for example.

Here's a thread I once made explaining what this phenomenon is exactly, you might want to take a look: Pareidolia, Matrixing, Simulacrum and the Paranormal

Here's a quick explanation I used in the thread that you should find interesting:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/45ce5032714f.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh, my God -- it's a demon! Oh, wait... no it isn't... it's a rock. The phenomenon of seeing a familiar shape or form in random combinations of shadows and light is known as pareidolia or matrixing, and the thing itself is called a simulacrum. It's very common to see what looks like a face in jagged rocks (like this photo), grass, dirt, water, clouds, flames, clouds of dust, visible gas -- even a pile of crumpled clothing on the couch. (Haven't you put that away yet?)

The human brain seems to be wired to recognize faces. That's why it's so startling to sometimes see them in pictures like this. Although the rock formation is completely random in nature, gosh darn it that looks like a face! It must be a spirit! It's especially disconcerting to some people when the face, again like this one, resembles the traditional depiction of the Devil. It freaks them out.

In fact, look closely at all of the rock in this picture and you'll see several faces. So either we're just seeing things or this wall of rock is seriously haunted. Which do you think is more likely?
(Image and text Courtesy of About.com)

Pareidolia is something we all experience. It's the reason why we can see faces or familiar shapes in clouds or even everyday objects. And It's a phenomenon we all experience every single day. It's not paranormal.. It's very normal.

Here's another explanation of what it is which, again, you might find to be of interest:

Pareidolia:

It's where something insignificant is perceived as significant. It typically is a vague, obscure image or sound that is interpreted as being something more. Examples include seeing images of Jesus Christ in burn markings on a piece of toast or seeing the man on the moon. In practice the Rorschach inkblot test uses pareidolia to gain insight into a person's mental state. The ink blots alone are designed to be insignificant images but the responses they illicit in people are representative of the significance that the person's perception places on the images.
(Source)

Matrixing:

Matrixing is the term the Ghost Hunters use to describe the misidentification of something ordinary as something unusual. It comes into play most often when people take photographs and spot something in the picture they are sure was not there when the photo was taken. Often, it is a face or figure and seems to be human.

Why Does Matrixing Happen?

One explanation is that recognizing other humans, and the faces of parents, is the first skill a baby learns. Pattern recognition of this sort is also a survival tool, giving the earliest humans a way to spot predators in hiding. The skill is so fundamental that, when presented with a random set of patterns the human brain attempts to make sense of what it sees. If it can possibly resolve that random pattern into a familiar object or image, it will.
(Source)

Pareidolia, or Matrixing, is why you can see a face here, in my humble opinion of course. Sure the paranormal explanation is much better and It's the one we'd all prefer, but It's very unlikely to be the correct one.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I see Base or crown molding, I thought the picture was upside down also, It appears to be base molding blrurred by moving the phone to fast.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join