It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Wrote the Ron Paul Newsletters: My Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am a long time supporter of Ron Paul from his earliest career. In all of the videos of him speaking I have ever watched or in the words in the books and published articles and Op-Eds he has written over the years and it has never smacked of racism. Only these subscriber only mailed out newsletters from the 90's have that racist thread running through them. Ron Paul claims he did not write those words and I believe him because he is so honest about everything it is just hard to believe and it does not read like his writing.

This begs the question that will not go away for Ron Paul and that is "Who wrote it if Ron Paul did not author those words?" It also begs the question why would Ron Paul not say who he believes might have written that stuff?

My theory is that the reason Ron Paul will not say this is because that person is dead. He was likely a friend who Ron Paul had trusted and since he is long dead he will not speak ill of the person. People from Ron Paul's generation find it dishonorable to speak ill of the dead. In today's world most politicians would come clean on who they thought wrote the papers even if they were dead and not able to defend their reasons for those words. Someone of Ron Paul's character simply can not bring themselves to do a dishonorable thing even for political expedience.

I would look into who was working with Ron Paul Newsletter during that time period and look for the one who is no longer alive and that is likely your author of those hateful words.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

I would have to give Ron Paul the benefit of the doubt on this and agree that he probably didn't write these letters. While Ron Paul probably does share the sentiments within the letters privately (after all, he did accept campaign contributions from the white supremacist site Stormfront). He's a politician and would know better than to put anything to paper like that.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Love your signature! Is that copyrighted? Or available as a bumber sticker/ t-shirt?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You follow him since the beginning?? The 70s??

Do you have the actual newsletters? RP never discloses them.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Only since 87-88 when he was running as the Libertarian POTUS nominee. Until then he was pretty obscure unless you lived in Texas 14th district. I have never seen the letters before some were published on the internet by those searching for dirt on him.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by blah yada

This is off topic but I will address it. That image came from a frame grab from this video.

The guy that made the video explains his reasons for making that logo graphic in the short video clip

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Does he know about the newsletter though? As far as I know it is indeed his official newsletter, he never discloses them, and it's hard to obtain. I also heard that it's been circulating for years and that his campaign is asking for donation throught them.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

From the Ron Paul Wiki:

Murray Rothbard and other libertarians believed Rockwell ghostwrote the newsletters for Paul;[56] Rockwell later acknowledged involvement in writing subscription letters, but attributed the newsletters to "seven or eight freelancers".

So freelance ghostwriters are attributed by Lew Rockwell as the authors of the newsletters of controversy.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If RP knows about it and he just letting them circulating for years, it's just not right, isn't it?
And how can he not known about it if it's his official newsletter? That's the problem, and RP doesn't seem upfront about it either.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Not trying to hijack your thread, but I covered this fairly well in my thread on the same subject back in June. I believe, and other believe, that his newsletters were written by his friends Lew Rockwell and Murray Rothbard (Rothbard is, indeed, dead). Paul's writings before and since have never even hinted at any racist undertones.

Ron Paul: Is He a Racist?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

So it was Rothbard in your opinion? I will read your thread. Thanks for the reference and the to me at least new information. My supposition it seems is somewhat confirmed. That is very interesting to me if true.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join