It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Mistake Humanity Has Made Is...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolfMaybe I've missed something but I thought science was all about trying to explain the unexplained.....?

Of course . . .

However, it lops off as utterly nonexistent under pain of nonexistence (at least no publishing existence) . . . all that which it cannot demonstrably measure, slice, dice, 'prove' exclusively by the Greek method of knowing.

The Phenomenological Hebrew method of knowing is arbitrarily declared useless, nonexistent, forbidden etc. . . . unfittingly, without sufficient justification.

And if you ask me one of the greatest issues the world faces today is people clinging on to the 'faiths of their ancestors', no matter how stupid the beliefs may seem.

AHHHH YES . . .

Those terrible beliefs . . .

that

1. There is a God in Heaven and He supremely matters to individuals, couples, families, tribes and nations.

2. One man and one woman are the best incubator managers for children, families and society.
3. Sex outside of marriage is destructive to individuals and society.

4. Lying, stealing, deceiving, corruption, greed, ruthlessness are destructive and evil.
5. Fathers need to be emotionally bonded with their children.

6. Marriage is the exclusive contract between a man and a woman for life.
7. Lusting after another's wife, property, power, resources, is destructive and evil.

8. Idolatry, worship of anyone and anything other than Almighty God is destructive and evil.
9. Love is a supremely high priority--of God and of others.

10. Foul, cursing, evil communications are destructive.
11. A day of rest, worship and focus on God is life-giving and healthy.

12. Honoring respect of Mother and Father is life-giving and healthy.
13. Faithfulness in integrity in relationships is healthy and constructive.

14. A workman is worthy his hire.
15. Those who won't work ought not eat.

16. Diligence is wisdom.
17. Generosity to the poor and others is an investment with God.

18. Hypocrisy is destructive and evil.
19. Avoid going to sleep angry and in contention.

20. Forgiveness is essential for life, health and fulfillment.
21. Eternity is a long time.

22. Heaven is real.
23. Hell is real.

24. Choose this day whom you will serve.
25. Choose this day Life, eternal life, and soul peace.

26. We all reap what we sow--particularly short of confession, repentance, forgiveness via The Lord Jesus The Christ. There is NO SCIENTIFIC planting of cacti and harvesting therefrom cantalope.
27. Fasting and prayer are powerful
[actually, there are a number of scientifically structured experiments documenting that, as well].
------

Forsaking, disdaining, dismissing, fighting, sabotaging, trashing those beliefs and values will result . . . sooner than later and certainly ultimately . . . in destruction and death.

Science cannot (yet) be used to investigate things such as fallen angels,

Yes and no.

There's tons of scientifically verifiable evidence available generally and tons more still secret.

And, that evidence NEED NOT be divorced from the phenomenological evidence also abundantly available. Both types of evidence and both types of knowing are valuable to wise individuals.

chi,

Actually, you are wrong about that as well. I do not personally support the whole system of Qi etc. as I believe it is far too connected with satanic stuff in terms of most practice and beliefs.

However, there have been some interesting SCIENTIFIC studies documenting certain energy states related to the accupuncture points.

I don't support the Eastern religion notion of karma.

However, I'm convinced that it is scientifically verifiable with a properly structured study that

WE REAP WHAT WE SOW.

edit on 30/10/2011 by BO XIAN because: trying to fix color & font & quote parameters

edit on 30/10/2011 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Continued . . .

or whatever as they are not observable phenomena,

Many such things are directly observable and many are indirectly observable.

Even 'scientific' study is much more possible with many such things than hyper-pseudo-super-rationalist-nihlists seem able to wrap their minds around.

so it is stuck investigating that which can be observed.

However, the RELIGION OF SCIENTISM pontificates, infers, extrapolates and brazenly legislates on the pretend basis of all manner of utter hogwash related to their purported 'observations' when the data, the evidence, the realities do not remotely support such RELIGION OF SCIENTISM DOGMATIC HOGWASH.

And unfortunately most scientific funding comes from governments and the military which obviously have an agenda. Also as another poster pointed out it is very fractured and has little direction which often results in scientists in different countires investigating the same thing concurrently when they would probably achieve far more by working together.

I don't see that as a problem that has anything to contribute pro or con to the major issues I'm talking about. Waste is waste but life is messy and if there's going to be any hint of authentic FREEDOM, there will be a fair amount of waste.

But then again would you be comfortable with some governing body telling scientists what they should and should not investigate?

HELLO??? Where have you been?

WE ALREADY HAVE THAT! We've had that for decades!

If scientists don't march to the globalist, hyper-pseudo-super-rationalist tune and agenda--they DO NOT GET FUNDED! They don't get published! They don't get tenure! They don't get hired!

--because the high priests and bishops of the RELIGION OF SCIENTISM have decreed them to be heretics!

Ain't THAT SWEET! Sheesh.

Speaking as a scientist myself (geologist) I personally have no issue with accepting that there is something more out there that we are just unable to investigate by our current means. Most scientists I'll admit do not think like this, but I think you'll find this issue is present within the wider community at large anyway
edit on 29/10/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

Thankfully, that's true. Some scientists have a brain and better reality testing than others. BTW, my PhD in Clinical Psych had a ton of empirical data and analysis.

Enough for now. Sigh.

------------------------------
edit on 30/10/2011 by BO XIAN because: fix quote parameters.

edit on 30/10/2011 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/10/2011 by BO XIAN because: adding to, editing a sentence or 2

new topics

<< 1   >>

join