It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global tax/government!? I am done with Occupy...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You can tell it's a set-up by how they refer to the top 1% of wage-earners rather than the top 1% most wealthy families. The list of the top 1% of wage-earners is always changing because people lose their jobs or change addresses all the time, and many people hide their reported earnings in tax havens or non-profit organizations.

If they wanted to be legit, they would vociferously distance themselves from the old farts holding up anti-capitalist signs and Chinese flags. I saw one guy holding up a sign with a chi-rho (used as a symbol of Christ).

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Good thread. The global democracy idea is more or less "Out with the old boss, in with the new boss" with the same result in the end, another boss. And likely a larger boss, or at least a boss's chair, which is sometimes "occupied" by a Stalin or a Hitler, and sometimes it isn't. But they get there once in awhile.

I kept away from the occupy sites, but would have looked in on one if I were in the neighborhood. The feeling for success wasn't right, and, like HBO's wonderful program, "The Newsroom", portrayed, they didn't know what they wanted. Everyone wanted something different, and they probably fought like dogs sometimes. If I were nearer I would have gone, and maybe played drums, until I found out about what kind of overall goals they had and learned this kind of stuff. A one-percent "tax" on the entire world (good luck with Saudi Arabia, ha!) to fund good progressive projects may be done someday and shouldn't hurt anyone, and could easily be done country by country with just a little cut-back on other programs, a very tiny amount actually. But some of that other stuff some of them have been talking about, they seem confused about constitutional governance. America should never throw out the constitution with the bathwater, left, right, playing at movement or playing at being overly protective to the point that it restricts the constitution.
edit on 10-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join