It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops in Oakland : violating the geneva convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Ain't that nice...

Oakland Cops Violate The Laws Of War

There's outrageous, then there's truly outrageous.

Beaning a guy with either a "less lethal" round in the head or (as has been more-recently claimed) a launched gas grenade is bad enough. In fact, that sure looks to me to be felonious assault and I want to know where the investigations and indictments are.

But that's not the worst of it.

Here's a guy who claims (and has the projectile extracted from his body to prove it) that he was shot with a rubber round while carrying the original wounded man.

You can't fire upon people rendering medical assistance to a soldier in combat - that's a war crime!

Geneva convention :

Article 24. Medical personnel exclusively engaged in the search for, or the collection, transport or treatment of the wounded or sick, or in the prevention of disease, staff exclusively engaged in the administration of medical units and establishments, as well as chaplains attached to the armed forces, shall be respected and protected in all circumstances.

This needs to be investigated and charges brought upon the cops responsible.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The guy has a foreign accent, and hides his face?

Interesting.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Interesting.

Considering the NYPD history of retaliating against people who speak up against them, it is wise to hide your face...

As I said, it should be INVESTIGATED... not by NYPD... but by the FBI or something.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Considering the NYPD history of retaliating against people who speak up against them, it is wise to hide your face...

As I said, it should be INVESTIGATED... not by NYPD... but by the FBI or something.

The NYPD is involved in this?

That is an amazing revelation.

Police brutality should be investigated by a citizen review board, not the NYPD, or FBI in this case.

The FBI is currently too busy on more important things than how local police departments handle occupy movement crowds.

If people are given notice to leave by police, and there are arrests and forcible evictions, violence can and will happen... There are also people within this movement hellbent on instigating violence.

What you've seen here, is likely very minor to what potentially can happen eventually.

Choose a side now!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Geneva Conventions ONLY COVER members of recognised military forces during wartime. They DO NOT cover civilians in civil disturbances/unrest..
There were violations of laws but not of the geneva conventions as ows is NOT a war nor are they recognised combatants in uniform.
Were it to become a civil war / insurgency they still would not be recognised under the geneva convention..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Geneva Conventions ONLY COVER members of recognised military forces during wartime. They DO NOT cover civilians in civil disturbances/unrest..
There were violations of laws but not of the geneva conventions as ows is NOT a war nor are they recognised combatants in uniform.
Were it to become a civil war / insurgency they still would not be recognised under the geneva convention..

Yes, but I think the point was, soldiers in war time are to receive better treatment by international law, than civilians do in an otherwise non-confrontational protest. Absurd, yes?

Shot in the face with a projectile incendiary device, then flashbang the crowd rushing to his aid, then assault them as they try to run away with someone critically wounded.

If this had been a video from Iraq, where US soldiers injured an Iraqi, and a group of Iraqis tried to rush to his aid, and they threw flashbangs and shot rubber bullets, etc. I guarantee there would have been a bigger outrage, with people screaming "crimes against humanity".

So they told them to leave, and that gives them every right to be as brutal as they want to be? We told you so? You didn't listen? "Get out of here and leave your critically injured friends lying on the street. Maybe they haven't slipped away into an unrecoverable coma by the time we feel like stepping over the fence to clean up."
edit on 29-10-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So you are equating the OWS protesters with soldiers at war? The only thing they are at war with is rational thought, because they posses none. The Geneva Convention applies to real war and real soldiers, not uninformed hippies throwing rocks and bottles at cops.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

bit to much to copy on mobile apologies..

There are international laws which do cover civilians in conflicts / wartime situations .. sadly those get violated even more with no repercussions to the perpatraters.. forgot to add earlier its late here and not slept much spent most of yesterday delivering twins the mother and twins doing well..

Quite absurd.. Keep hoping one day humanity grows up and stops acting like a bunch of primitives.. But the madness marches on..
edit on 29/10/11 by Expat888 because: half asleep..waiting on tengu to make coffee..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

This needs to be investigated and charges brought upon the cops responsible.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Do you think the police intentionally shot someone in the face? Isn’t more likely that the police shot randomly into the crowd to get the mob scattered and this guy’s face just happened to be in the path? You are a sympathizer, which is why you are so outraged. The truth is if that DumbA** wasn’t down there destroying property and inciting violence he wouldn’t have been hurt.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Interesting.

What's the NYPD doing in Oakland???

Interesting....or is the word I'm looking for ignorance???

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

What's the NYPD doing in Oakland???

Interesting....or is the word I'm looking for ignorance???

Good question.

What's an IRA member doing there, and in that video, would also be a good question.

new topics

top topics

join