It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Take Shelter"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Just notitced this movie that I believe was released yesterday although had not noticed it at the local theatre..

."Ominous storm clouds loom large in the opening shot of Take Shelter, but when the rain begins to fall, Curtis (Michael Shannon), a father and husband living in small-town Ohio, notices the water is thick and orange, like motor oil. Later, while on the job at a sand-mining company, he sees huge flocks of panicked birds flying in odd formations, like people fleeing a burning building. He hears thunderclaps, loud as cannons, which no one else hears. Then the strange dreams begin: A tornado, a horrifying car crash, an attack from his dog."

Seems like the writer of this movie may have frequented the ATS website a few times and this movie although I'm not sure if this will be hitting the major movie theatres does not necessarily mean it's going to be not worth a look...I would expect this will come to DVD within a few months after it's release..

Link

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
the credits say the film is in the Cannes and Sundance film festivals....

i think its more a story of a Prepper

thanks

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

It looks like a good movie, but it seems to be hinting that the lead character may have inherited his mother's schizophrenia. Especially when no one else is noticing the strange happenings.

I'm going to watch it to see how it ends. Thanks for mentioning it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I wanted to see it too. It's not playing here where I live though. Looked like it would of been a good one.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
WOW!

I just watched it. Superb movie!

Very intense though. Great acting, cool score, extremely disturbing.

Thoroughly recommend it!

I need a drink to soften my stomach muscles after that.

top topics

join