It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Electoral Tie Between Kerry and Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
While discussing politics with a friend at work today, he mentioned that he had come across an article on the internet that described a possible electoral tie. I poked around with a search engine and came up with the following:

robspoliticalmusings.blogspot.com...

Basically, it's a repeat of the state by state breakdown from 2000, except that Kerry would take New Hampshire (which is apparently trending his way) plus either Nevada or West Virginia. Each candidate would have 269 electoral votes. The election would be decided by the House in this circumstance, who would award it to Bush.

I've seen predictions of civil war on ATS before (although I think it was that Sollog junk), but I have to wonder if this could be the match that lights the fire. There's a ton of anger out there right now, and I think this situation, were it to occur, would at the very least cause major social unrest on a level not seen since the 60s.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoonieSkoba
While discussing politics with a friend at work today, he mentioned that he had come across an article on the internet that described a possible electoral tie. I poked around with a search engine and came up with the following:

robspoliticalmusings.blogspot.com...

Basically, it's a repeat of the state by state breakdown from 2000, except that Kerry would take New Hampshire (which is apparently trending his way) plus either Nevada or West Virginia. Each candidate would have 269 electoral votes. The election would be decided by the House in this circumstance, who would award it to Bush.

I've seen predictions of civil war on ATS before (although I think it was that Sollog junk), but I have to wonder if this could be the match that lights the fire. There's a ton of anger out there right now, and I think this situation, were it to occur, would at the very least cause major social unrest on a level not seen since the 60s.

As long as there is provisions in the constitution, which there is. I don't see any social unrest. Of course you will have the hate-filled left, who still have not got over 2000's election. Florida would not have mattered if ALGORE would have carried his home state of Tennessee. The people that knew ALGORE best defeated him, not Florida.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The problem is that neither side knows the exact extent of the other side... Kerry supporters are convinced at least 50 percent of the population is on their side, while Republicans are convinced their side has the majority.

This causes each side to easily discard the other group as negligible and "hate-filled".

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It will be an interesting election to be sure. I am considering two possible outcomes: the results will be very close or Bush will win by a fair margin. I think it is entirely plausible that the silent majority will eventually tire of the rantings of the relatively small "anyone but Bush" crowd and move to his favor. Or then again, people could become so numbed by the political buffoonery commited by both sides that they not vote altogether. It would be anyone's game then. Of course, I'm not wearing my tinfoil hat so I could be merely spouting what "they" want me to think.

On the other hand, a revolution sounds interesting.

top topics

join