It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the children matter.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Every five hours a child dies from abuse or neglect in the US.
The latest governments figures show an estimated 1,770 children were killed as a result of maltreatment in 2009.
A recent congressional report concludes the real number could be nearer 2,500.
In fact, America has the worst child abuse record in the industrialized world. Why?
Over the past 10 years, more than 20,000 American children are believed to have been killed in their own homes by family members. That is nearly four times the number of US soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. The child death rate in the US is triple Canada's and 11 times that of Italy. Millions of children are reported as abused and neglected every year. Why is that? Sixty-six children under the age of 15 die from physical abuse or neglect every week in the industrialised world. Twenty-seven of those die in the US - the highest number of any other country.
Even when populations are taken into account, Unicef research from 2001 places the US equal bottom with Mexico on child deaths from maltreatment.

In Texas, one of the states with the worst child abuse records, the Dallas Children's Medical Center is dealing with a rising number of abused children and increasing levels of violence. Meanwhile, the Houston Center is expanding its services to deal with the rising problem of child sex abuse.
The United States government is AGAINST THE AMERICAN FAMILY.
there is also a hidden law under obamacare for married couples and health care insurance. which is to be mandantory..
and everyone just sits around and says " ohhh how terrible,, SOMEONE (else) needs to do something.. who???? anyone but WE THE PEOPLE?? but of course!!!! we have turned into a nation of gutless complacient cowards . concerned for nothing but how we can instantly get gratification for whatever our little hearts desire...humanity has become totally overated and emotionally constipated..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by archangel2012

Well, what have you done about it? Maybe you could lead by example. Often, people respond better when they see others doing great things, as opposed to just being told that they should do something. If you volunteer and work with kids, or do other helpful things like that, maybe post your experiences and inspire others!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So, what is your solution? More big government intrusion into the family? Children indoctrinated to spy upon their parents? I know, let's stop trusting parents with children at all. They are property of the state anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
When will the children/civilians matter in all the countries we bomb

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Sounds like you might be interested in more laws, or government control or intervention of some Kind?
I don't always put my stock in statistics that others may glean from around the world either. Even they have an agenda which is to be #1 in their arena. That said if all of this is true, who is at fault?
Clearly those doing the abusing. How do we stop it? It begins in the home which today is little more than a roof over the heads of people interest themselves. When a society becomes degraded, the children and the elderly are the first to suffer. A lot of behaviors which in the past were considered deviant, (illegal or wrong) by society have over the years become "normalized".
As society continues to degrade the children will continue to suffer at our hands. We are doing this to ourselves through our own corrupt selfish desires.
It it really lack of law enforcement? Why should they even need to pass or enforce a law on such a depraved thing; But they do need to don't they? They make the law because we are indeed doing these things. It will only stop if society moves away from its deviant behaviors.
I really don't see that happening; Indeed I see it continuing on a downward spiral. and we all know the outcome of a society gone wrong.
DH

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is part and parcel of a dystopian society. Divide and conquer the people, and turn the children and their parents against one another using the media and the educational system. It only gets worse from here...

The solution is a very long and hard road. Remember that the parents of these children were also raised in this society, and were indoctrinated by the same media and educational system. Each generation gets successively worse. It is we the people who must reject the established institutions, and place our allegiance back into the family as all important. But the division is great, and will take generations to overcome.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 10/29/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by archangel2012

As long as people continue to be arrogant they may never care

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I was about fifteen years old when I decided I would not be having any Children.
Why? Because I knew from the life I had that my life was going to different to others and much harder.
I was right and I am almost fifty and have absolutely no regrets about not bringing Children into the world.

I understand that a lot of people have a deep desire and need to create a family and I fully respect that but until I know that any Child I bring into this world is safe - anywhere - at any time - in the company of any person then I am not going to pretend or kid myself that Children are safe in this world.

One of the most difficult charges to have placed on a person is with regards to Child abuse and that is where the problem starts. Legislation needs to be easier to apply and if a person is innocent then the law courts should be able to prove that. Children do not speak up and action usually ensues by the time a Child is hospitalised.

The cabal/illuminati/whatever see Children as the next generation of wage earners to be used in whatever manner they see fit. Children are not special, precious, vulnerable or seen as being in need of protection they are viewed as a commodity, a future wage earner/slave who will be protected when the law deems it appropriate and not before. That is the reality - I dare anyone to tell me different.

As for Children in war zones - do not get me started. The people in positions of authority who go to bed at night knowing that the wars they sanction will and have - killed innocent Children deserve to be tried for each and every death of a Child as a premeditated murder. But we don't live in that kind of a world do we?

Much Peace ...especially for all the vulnerable Children of every society.

new topics

top topics

join