It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maitreya. Who Is This Man ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This statue is supposed to bring the world in unity. I don't know how a statue is going to bring the world in unity....
The Dalai Lama, unfortunatedly wants this project to occur, but many Buddhists know and argue that this goes against the traditional teachings of Buddhism.

It has been said that this "false prophet" will blind even the most faithful.

The head of this statue, will be where all the religious leaders will meet and impart their teachings.

Maitreya says he is the leader every religion has been waiting for and wants to bring all in unity in one religion. The statue will cost about 150-190 million dollars, and they want it to last for 1,000 years.

This is the main site to maitreya. its called Share International.
www.shareintl.org...

And this is the main site for the project. if you do a search on google on "maitreya project" The first link is this one and in the search it says "Maitreya project International."

www.maitreyaproject.org...

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sooo, we shouldn't trust him. It seems he is trying to accomplish SOME good things.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I cannot find any connections between those two Maitreya's...

The statue isn't mentioned on www.shareintl.org..., and Maitreya anti-Christ isn't mentioned on the statue site...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Dont drink the Koolaid

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I remember when Benjamin Creme was interviewed by George Noory on COAST-TO-COAST AM radio show (Art Bell's old show). Supposedly afterwards, people emailed the station claiming "nausea, nightmares, dizziness....ect". As for myself. I found the man boring. He reminded me of some Hare Krishna's I knew, who would spout the same cowa-bunga.

And that really is saying a lot, since I am a serious student of Religion(s), and Prophecy.

He is low-key enough to fulfill Biblical Prophecy, but I think he is a very unimportant man.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by ladyspiritguide]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Otherwise, think about it this way. Buddhism is a way of life where people actually have to know quite a bit about it to "ask" to become part of it. Buddhists don't go out to preach to others, people have to look for them and ask them if they can become Buddhists.

In order to become a true Buddhist you first have to take refuge with a buddhist monk, or lama, then if you pass some tests, in the form of questions, the Buddhist will tell you what it is all about, if you are certain this way of life is good for you then you take vows and become a Buddhist. This is how it has been done for centuries. Buddhists are very humble people, they are not known for extravagant desires, in fact desire is to be avoided by Buddhists as well as owning any property/items, because once you start owning items or property you desire for more.

For Buddhists desire is one of the causes of suffering. When you desire something you don't have, you suffer, and normally people just don't desire one thing, but quite a few of them.

Buddha said "suffering is caused by desire and ignorance, which depend on each other."

To keep it to the point. The Dalai Lama, is for the first time going against this basic teaching. He is desiring the building of this statue, which in the eyes of many other Buddhists is but a trait of vanity, and all this started with the coming of this Lord Maitreya who is trying to bring desire into the teachings of Buddhism and uniting all religions in "one", no true Buddhist would even think of trying this, unless he has been decieved.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
project_pisces, I will heed that advice!

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
How can the Maitreya be Jesus Christ?

Bhuddism is not Christianity, this man is not the maitreya, just a phony.

Deep

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
According to the Modern Gnostic Movement; this man:...

...was/is the Buddha Maitreya or the Kalki Avatar; and has already come and gone(well, gone physically that is).

samael ?? .. the buddha maitreya and kalki avatar will come at different times.

That tv maitreya is just another fake ass

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
What strikes me as strange as he says Jesus was not the Christ - Okay, well he�s not the first to say that but his miracles involve creating crosses of light on buildings throughout the world. Crosses only have power to Christians because Jesus Christ was crucified. If Jesus was not the Christ then the cross is worthless. He also appears to people who see him as Jesus. Again, if Jesus was not the Christ then why go around changing your image to look like him to fool people?

And this statement�Yikes, it sounds just like something that crafty Anti-Christ would pull off�

�At the earliest possible moment, Maitreya will demonstrate his true identity. Through a growing public response to his presence, Maitreya will be invited to speak to the entire world via the linked television satellite networks. On this Day of Declaration, we will see his face on television, but he will not actually speak. Instead, each of us will hear his words telepathically in our own language as he simultaneously impresses the minds of all humanity. Even those who are not watching Maitreya on television will have this experience.�

On a side note: How do you pronounce this guys name?

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endisnear
And supposedly when he does reveal himself, he will look like Jesus to Christians and Jews, Mohammed to Muslims, Budda to Buddists, etc. Funny how all of these religions are waiting for a their god to return.

Ummmm, NO.

Maybe to Christians he will look like Jesus because Christianity has all sorts of paintings of Jesus.

But to Muslims he will not look like anyone because there is no painting depicting The Prophet anywhere in the world.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Kalki,

kalki.avatara.org...

Lord Kalki, the Lord of the universe, will mount His swift horse Devadatta and, sword in hand, travel over the earth exhibiting His eight mystic opulences and eight special qualities of Godhead. Displaying His unequaled effulgence and riding with great speed, He will kill by the millions those thieves who have dared dress as kings.

After all the imposter kings have been killed, the residents of the cities andtowns will feel the breezes carrying the most sacred fragrance of the sandalwood paste and oher decorations of Lord Vasudeva, and their minds will thereby become transcendentally pure. When Lord Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, appears in their hearts in His transcendental form of goodneess, the remaining citizens will abundantly repopulate the earth. When the Supreme Lord has appeared on earth as Kalki, the maintainer of religion, Saya-yuga will begin, and human society will bring forth progeny in the mode of goodness.

webonautics.com...

Kalki shall return during end times according to Vedic scholars.

Jesus of Christ is not kalki, nor Maitreya, in fact where is the proof to even say Jesus existed in the first place?

Deep

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Kalki

Well let's make something clear then.

I'm not sure if Samael Aun Weor claimed to be both Buddha Maitreya and Kalki Avatar of the New Age, or even either one.

Maybe it's just something(s) that his students attributed to him. I'm not sure.

The techniques of his synthesis of Gnosticism, Buddhism and Tantra among a few other things, is quite impressive regardless.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
From a website dedicated to the Gnosis of V.M. Samael Aun Weor:

The Kalki Avatar:

www.gnosis-usa.com...

Maitreya:

www.gnosis-usa.com...

Deep website. Ya'll should peep the new section on meditation and the link for Gnostic Kabbalah.

www.gnosis-usa.com...

I haven't really studied the meditation section yet myself. I'm interested in seeing if it compliments Zazen meditation or not.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endisnear
Supposedly this guy can use quantum mechanics and be in several places at once. And supposedly when he does reveal himself, he will look like Jesus to Christians and Jews, Mohammed to Muslims, Budda to Buddists, etc. Funny how all of these religions are waiting for a their god to return

Buddhists aren't waiting for Buddha to return, and he is only worshipped as a God in the minority of Buddhist sects.

Sorry to be pedantic...

There's a very interesting article in the most recent issue of the Fortean Times that looks at the possibility of Jesus being various other spiritual leaders in various other religions and countries. I'll post some more info when I find it.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by Amarillo_Brice]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amarillo_Brice
Buddhists aren't waiting for Buddha to return, and he is only worshipped as a God in the minority of Buddhist sects.

Actually, this is not true Amarillo. Buddhists believe in reincarnation, while it is true that Buddhists are not waiting like the Christians are for a "saviour," there are many teachers or those who have become "enlightened," hence the term "Buddha," that reincarnate on Earth to help those that are seeking "enlightment." About some sects of Buddhism worshiping Buddha as a God, the breaking up into branches of the original teachings happens to most mayor spiritual movements. So, yes it is possible for some branches of Buddhism to worship Buddha as a God, but as Amarillo says, it is a minority.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You're right in that the belief in reincarnation holds that many enlightened ones return to help, althoguh I was referring to the lack of a messiah, I should have been more specific, and will be in future.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Amarillo, i do not believe for one second you did it on purpose, its cool.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Kalki shall return during end times according to Vedic scholars.

Jesus of Christ is not kalki, nor Maitreya, in fact where is the proof to even say Jesus existed in the first place?

Deep

That's correct, that's 3 different avatars but they're from the same source anyways so.. just different teachings and warnings for different eras

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

This so-called Maitreya have to be send in an asylum or a prison ! Or may be that we have to hire a sniper who'll shoot him.

if we hire a sniper to shoot him, he will have the chance to heal from his grievous wound and amaze everyone just like the bible says.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join