It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

libyan rebels banish us college student who joined the fight against Gaddafi (well some of them did

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
www.theblaze.com...

just found this and it had not been posted(unless search failed me) so i figured id share it and see what people thought(i know its from September but hey was news to me)

i got a few questions after reading the article 1.i guess the blaze(source) is owned by glen beck so take that for what you will
2.how did this kid get over to the warzone let alone get in contact with rebels and not be generaly shot as a spy or some kind of plant
3.so even if he did get welcome why now would they just randomly boot him were they using him as a pr stunt or do they think his services were no longer needed?
4.what kinda trouble can this kid expect to get into if any? i mean im not aware of any law per se that says you cant just up and go join a war on your own but im pretty sure its frowned on if not internationally questionable but hey im kinda ignorant in these kinda things

"“A cobalt basketball jersey emblazoned with the words “Los Angeles” and the number 44, camouflage pants, and black and white Converse sneakers. Around his neck hangs a spent ammunition casing on a string, and a black and white scarf is wrapped around his head, courtesy of the rebel fighters.”" from source
edit on 29-10-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Haha, "This is one of the few real revolutions"!!!

Boy will he be mistaken.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
He looks Chinese, and so it would probably be hard to tell he was American for most people. I don't see why they would even attempt to shoot him as a spy, considering that the rebels must looove the West since they are the only reason they won their revolution.

I don't know why they would oust him now. Has he done any fighting? I don't suspect this is illegal, as far as American laws are concerned, since he wasn't taking up arms against the USA. Blackwater and other groups do it all the time. Some people, very few mind you, made it a business to hunt down those the US government deemed criminals, as long as they had a large pricetag on their heads.

I don't know if access to the country was restricted, or what planes, from what countries, where frequently still flying to Libya. Maybe he walked. From America. Or drove maybe? I was planning on driving from Tx to Australia when I was a little kid, but decided it was probably a bit too far. Other than that, I didn't see any problem with it, lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

yeah i had to read it a few times and make sure it was not from the onion before posting it here but this kid is either off his rocker or braver then most people i know either way i bet he will get a book deal or something,hell he might have even used it as poly sci credit or some thing like that hope he made it back

(Last time he was seen, Jeon was heading towards Benghazi on a pickup truck.

No word yet on whether Jeon will head to Syria next to “take in the sights.”) from source definatly my favorite quote
edit on 29-10-2011 by KilrathiLG because: add quote

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

thank you for your response i bet being asian helped his odds but the La jersy was kinda funny (and not to tactical) but perhaps it worked for him good to know if i ever get really tired of stuff over here i can go off and try to take down a warlord if so inclined

good point on the plane part as well i guess it wouldnt have been to hard to fly into a neighboring country and try to get in on foot,i really wanan know what happened and if he ever made it back to the usa after all of this could really be a interesting tail if he dosen't embellish lots of things

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
more links blogs.laweekly.com... explains that he flew into cairo so yeah he did go accross the border and took a plane so we got that figured out too quote from above source "Oh, and here's the reason Jeon didn't buy a return ticket (though he does still plan to graduate in May, being the shruggishly optimistic dude he is): "If I get captured or something, I don't want to waste another $800.""

How did this human come into existence? And in a place like Cypress, California, no less. His Facebook profile makes him look surprisingly normal; he's in groups like "I

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

"He looks Chinese, and so it would probably be hard to tell he was American for most people. I don't see why they would even attempt to shoot him as a spy, considering that the rebels must looove the West since they are the only reason they won their revolution. "

it's too soon to count your chickens !

The people in Libya are not behind the NTC and once NATO has gone you will see a few scores being settled with these puppets.

Lots of green flags are still flying but i forgive you because you don't see this on the main stream media

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

thank you for your reply: yeah i will agree it is still too soon to tell if success has been acheieved there but we shal see in time and can hope for the best but i wont be holding my breath too long least at this stage but i will say props to this kid hes looking more and more like an adrenline junky then anything else but hey least hes doing something

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Since he is back in the U.S. we should put him on trial for war crimes. He was fighting with Al-Qaeda ya know.

This whole political game is such a sham.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

well technicly if you wanna get into not associating with alquaeda i dont think its illegal but it might get you on a list and from what ive read none of these groups at least that he was with didnt seem to be talibanish but thats just my opinion

top topics

join